Caribbean Music

antiquitys

Carnival is definitely catering to the younger generation and to heck with the people who made them a success in the past. Maybe the new CEO will listen and put some variety back in and eliminate the crappy thump thump gang banger style music that these so called "DJ's" play. Let them play it in the youth clubs ONLY!

Carnival is definitely catering to the younger generation and to heck with the people who made them a success in the past. Maybe the new CEO will listen and put some variety back in and eliminate the crappy thump thump gang banger style music that these so called "DJ's" play. Let them play it in the youth clubs ONLY!

Sorry, but Gerry Cahill is there is continue the Uncle Bob cutbacks and increase profitability. He's not going to be improving things any time soon. Was told that Uncle Bob was brought in in an advisory role to try and turn things around since Cahill has boned things up so badly.

Mark Tamis is VP of customer operations for Carnival. A month ago he and two others were on Carnival's Fantasy for two days. He announced that the ship needed "Live Music"! A friend, who is a Carnival captain, told me if Mark said it, it will be done.Since some time in April their music has been two different guitar players and the show band. The show band no longer plays for shows only the passenger talent show. The new show band has no sax and a man & woman singer. Going tomorrow so we'll see if they are as good as the last show band. (The CD said they are kids.) The calypso band left a year ago and now one of the 2 DJs play LOUD disco music on the deck. I certainly hope they get Music Degree or Broadway Music back as the Fantasy is a 4 1/2 hour drive for us so we sail her a lot. I am going to write Mark Tamis about lack of music & calypso bands!

Now that Carnival has done away with their live steel drum bands on Lido, I would like to know what cruise lines still have live Caribbean Music?

Royal Caribbean has live calypso/reggae bands on the lido deck. I cruise RCI 3 or 4 times a year and not once have I seen "2 guys with synthesized music" like CB reported. Maybe at the late night lido party, but not during the daytime. It's always a 4 or 5 man calypso band.

NCL and Celebrity also have live music on the lido, but they play more cover music with a little reggae mixed in.

This is what you will find on RCI:

ry%3D400

RCI has had no band on our last 3 cruises.....we had 2 guys with synthesized music on the pool deck......no "steel drum" band at all.

Well you certainly have not been on any of our RCI cruises then......and thanks Paul for proving my point! (cb at sea - note that round silver thing)

I was very dissapointed on my Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette in January, where there was no Caribbean band, and instead there were 3 different performers (2 soloists & a trio) performing standard rock/pop songs. Nobody cared about these acts around the pool, and they were performing all over the ship for the entire week.

Archived