New Captain's Club Newsletter Just Arrived

Islandgirl4242

My "Summer" newsletter arrived via email this morning. There's a link for Captain's Club savings certificates...who doesn't like to save money!? Opening the link I saw the cruises offered were for "2011":rolleyes:...hmmm, I guess I'll have to dust off my time machine!!:D:D ~~Judy

My "Summer" newsletter arrived via email this morning. There's a link for Captain's Club savings certificates...who doesn't like to save money!? Opening the link I saw the cruises offered were for "2011":rolleyes:...hmmm, I guess I'll have to dust off my time machine!!:D:D ~~Judy

Hi Judy,

Thanks for posting. I'm curious, are they actual 2011 sailings, or are they current sailings with a 2011 typo ? Celebrity seriously needs to hire some proofreaders !

BTW, If you would like to view the current edition of the Captains Club newsletter, it's available online. Please Click Here

Hi Judy,

Thanks for posting. I'm curious, are they actual 2011 sailings, or are they current sailings with a 2011 typo ? Celebrity seriously needs to hire some proofreaders !

BTW, If you would like to view the current edition of the Captains Club newsletter, it's available online. Please Click Here

I noticed the same thing and shook my head in amazement at this. The savings certificate linked in today's email has a list of 2011 and 2012 cruises, preceded by this blaring headline:

"Book your cruise between April 1, 2011, and July 31, 2011, to take advantage of these offers."

Truly pathetic that the internet/e-communications side of Celebrity is so badly run.

I noticed the same thing and shook my head in amazement at this. The certificate has a list of 2011 and 2012 cruises, preceded by this blaring headline:

Truly pathetic that the internet side of Celebrity is so badly run.

Thanks Turtles. Sounds like it's indeed old sailings, which makes it worse. FWIW, I doubt this mistake is on the Internet team. It's more than likely another group at Celebrity, but will respectfully pass on naming the team.

Thanks Turtles. Sounds like it's indeed old sailings, which makes it worse. FWIW, I doubt this mistake is on the Internet team. It's more than likely another group at Celebrity, but will respectfully pass on naming the team.

:rolleyes: Obviously "somebody" linked to an outdated flyer, and "nobody" caught the error. Wonder if it's the same "nobody" who used to make messes in our house when our 3 kids were growing up :confused:

Unfortunate timing.

Jane

I noticed the same thing and shook my head in amazement at this. The savings certificate linked in today's email has a list of 2011 and 2012 cruises, preceded by this blaring headline:

Truly pathetic that the internet/e-communications side of Celebrity is so badly run.

You really can't make this up!

I haven't received mine yet, but following the link Andy provided, there is an offer for $100 off each B2B cruise in the Caribbean. When you follow that link, absolutely no information about this offer. Nothing in Celebrity's Captain's Club section either. Of course Celebrity waited until I had booked a B2B in the Caribbean to post this "offer" if indeed it is on offer. That's why another posted has started a thread saying it's exhausting booking a cruise these days.

Was 2011 a classic vintage, the way cruising used to be?

I always considered Labor Day (this coming weekend) as the end of summer.

A summer issue is only a bit late... or is that really two years and a season late?

Thanks for posting the link Andy. I don't get any emails from Celebrity even though I have asked for them.

Looks like Europe doesn't exist for Celebrity next year, no mention of it. ;)

I really do think they could produce a better Captains Club newsletter, and what are the savings certificates, I could not see any.

Thanks for posting the link Andy. I don't get any emails from Celebrity even though I have asked for them.

Looks like Europe doesn't exist for Celebrity next year, no mention of it. ;)

I really do think they could produce a better Captains Club newsletter, and what are the savings certificates, I could not see any.

Hi Shoreham,

The savings certificates are provided, in the copy that's mailed to Captains Club members. It does not appear in the online version. No worries about Europe - Celebrity will have plenty to offer. Perhaps they will feature Europe in the next edition.

Maybe a little off topic but I believe the savings certificate can't be combined with the Pick Your Perk offer coming on the 30th? I've read the document and it doesn't really deal with that other than the catch all phase "cannot be combined". The reason I ask is I booked an Australia/NZ cruise under the 123Go promo and was told I couldn't use the certificate.

If anyone knows, let me know. Otherwise I'll try to use it when I book my next cruise.

Maybe a little off topic but I believe the savings certificate can't be combined with the Pick Your Perk offer coming on the 30th? I've read the document and it doesn't really deal with that other than the catch all phase "cannot be combined". The reason I ask is I booked an Australia/NZ cruise under the 123Go promo and was told I couldn't use the certificate.

If anyone knows, let me know. Otherwise I'll try to use it when I book my next cruise.

Hi Rick,

Im fairly certain the Savings Certificates arent combinable, but as I always say "it never hurts to ask". If you apply, please let us know the outcome. Thanks !

News, Celebrity recently got into the time travel business. Very profitable.

How many knots equal 88 mph? Maybe they can get Millennium up to that when she deadheads west from Bahamas if they also install a flux capacitor.

One thing I found very interesting, and unusual, is that out of 16 pages, they devoted 4 to families, with two specific to children's activities. In the past, Celebrity has certainly put a blurb or two about kids in their brochures or other marketing materials, but by far adult cruising was the target market. I don't mind kids on cruises (well-behaved kids that is:)) and I have brought my own son when he was young, but it has been my opinion that families were definitely not a target market. It seems that Mr. Bayley doesn't only want well-to-do couples on his ships, he must want the entire family. Interesting. Wonder if this is the beginning of a trend?

ps

Can we please not turn this observation into a kids versus no kids contentious debate? :):)I am just curious if others noticed that and feel it means anything?

What I find interesting is that it would have been the PERFECT opportunity to announce the rumored changes to the Captains Club program!

The onboard host(ess)'s have been saying the announcement would occur this summer.

oh well:confused:

Hi Phoenix Dream.....we will be meeting you on the 9/13 Solstice. It is coming upon us very quickly.

I have been on with X CC rep for the past 35 min. regarding the B2B $100 per cruise credit. From what the brochure says it is for SJ sailings on the Summit. The rep spoke to two different depts. and no one knew anything. She elevated it up higher and will get back to me.

Another example of the top not letting those on the front line in on promotions before they are released to the public!!

Will keep you posted.

One thing I found very interesting, and unusual, is that out of 16 pages, they devoted 4 to families, with two specific to children's activities. In the past, Celebrity has certainly put a blurb or two about kids in their brochures or other marketing materials, but by far adult cruising was the target market. I don't mind kids on cruises (well-behaved kids that is:)) and I have brought my own son when he was young, but it has been my opinion that families were definitely not a target market. It seems that Mr. Bayley doesn't only want well-to-do couples on his ships, he must want the entire family. Interesting. Wonder if this is the beginning of a trend?

ps

Can we please not turn this observation into a kids versus no kids contentious debate? :):)I am just curious if others noticed that and feel it means anything?

More often than not there is a baby boom during a recession and our local supermarket has certainly picked up on that as they have given over so much space during a recent re-fit to a new baby/toddler section that was previously used for cosmetics, adult clothing, electrical white goods and other high-ticket items.

My take from what I've read of their more traditional (dare I say older) cruisers losing a chunk of their disposable income from investments, savings and pensions that are not doing so well would be, like the supermarket, X are hedging their bets and hoping to jump onto the baby trend in the hope of a growing market for them.

Just a guess, but I think we'll probably see more of this as X spreads their net to try to catch new fish from other markets.

As someone who is going to take her first Celebrity cruise in December, I have signed up for the Captain's Club under the new lowly level. I wonder if that means I will get one of the newsletters?

Jennie,

I don't know about the newsletter itself, but the promotion is available to anyone--but only on new bookings.

Matt

Archived