Hotel & Transportation Questions/FLL-Miami

TabFox

Hi All,

Just a few questions I'm hoping some of you all can help with. I'm sailing on the Victory next month on Thursday, Sept. 26. I have to work Wednesday, but will catch a flight after work at 7:00pm. This will put me getting into Ft. Lauderdale at midnight. Question 1: Should I get a cab and go to Miami for a hotel, or book a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and then get a cab to Miami the next morning for embarkation. Also, can anyone recommend a safe hotel? I don't need fancy accommodations, just somewhere to sleep and get a shower. Someone on the roll call stated that a cab from FLL to Miami will be about $80.

Thanks & happy cruising!

Since you're arriving so late, you should probably stay in FLL and then take a shuttle down in the morning. Shuttle only runs $13-15 depending on the company. You can rent a room for what you would pay for the taxi to Miami.

Hotels are generally cheaper in the FLL area and it's usually simpler to stay near FLL and then shuttle to POM the next day.

Some of CC members favorites:

Sleep Inn Dania

Cambria Suites Dania

Hyatt Place FLL north and south

Hampton Inn (2 airport area locations)

Embassy Suites

Holiday Inn Express convention center

La Quinta Airport

Hilton 17th Street

Bahia Mar

Hyatt Pier 66

A good source for hotel info and general FLL area tourist info is http://www.sunny.org

Good luck! :)

I agree as others have stated...it's late. Stay near FLL. You can actually catch a ride with SAS who will pick you up at your hotel (depends which one contact them) and they will shuttle you to the port. At least they did this when we used them a couple of years ago. They were great.

Contact them in advance and set it all up.

Have a great cruise!

Hi All,

Just a few questions I'm hoping some of you all can help with. I'm sailing on the Victory next month on Thursday, Sept. 26. I have to work Wednesday, but will catch a flight after work at 7:00pm. This will put me getting into Ft. Lauderdale at midnight. Question 1: Should I get a cab and go to Miami for a hotel, or book a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale and then get a cab to Miami the next morning for embarkation. Also, can anyone recommend a safe hotel? I don't need fancy accommodations, just somewhere to sleep and get a shower. Someone on the roll call stated that a cab from FLL to Miami will be about $80.

Thanks & happy cruising!

Arriving that late in FLL, I would get a hotel near the FLL airport. It will be much cheaper than Miami area hotels. You will only be there a few hours so why hassle with spending extra for a Miami hotel and taxi if you don't have to?

Here is a listing of some FLL airport hotels. The distance from the airport is listed along wtih the rate. The distance may be important if you need to take a taxi since it may be a late flight arrival. Some hotels do not have shuttles or the ones that do, stop service at a certain time. You don't necessarily have to book using this site, but more or less use it as a guide for distance and such.

http://ppn.airporthotelguide.com/city/?rs_cid=3000003192&rs_lmark=airFLL&rs_chk_in=9%2F26%2F2013&rs_chk_out=9%2F27%2F2013&rs_rooms=1&refid=2485#1mp-lmairFLL

On our last stay in FLL and cruise out of POM, we stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL and used QLS shuttle to POM the next morning. Sleep Inn has a 24 hr Walgreens next door which came in handy, but there are lots of good hotels that are listed here on CC.

QLS shuttle will pick you up at your hotel and provide round trip service to POM then, pick-up after the cruise and back to FLL airport. We were very pleased with their service. They even offered to stop at a store for anyone that did not get an opportunity to pick-up pop or water. http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

Good luck to you.

:)

On our last stay in FLL and cruise out of POM, we stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites FLL and used QLS shuttle to POM the next morning. Sleep Inn has a 24 hr Walgreens next door which came in handy, but there are lots of good hotels that are listed here on CC.

http://www.qualitylimoservice.com/default.aspx?pageid=1

Good luck to you.

Is this the Sleep Inn in Dania? How far is this from the beach and water-taxi's. Thanks :)

Is this the Sleep Inn in Dania? How far is this from the beach and water-taxi's. Thanks :)

Yes, Sleep Inn & Suites Dania. I don't know about the distance for the water taxi, perhaps Royal C. or another poster could help out with this, but the beach is 1 mile from the hotel sidewalk the entire way. ( that is IF you would want to walk it.)

We had a positive experience there. It's not 5 * but it was clean and had friendly Mgt and stores and restaurants within walking distance.

I just reserved at Hyatt Place near FLL for $75/night. Looks really nice. They have great rates right now at booking.com- http://www.booking.com/hotel/us/hyatt-place-fort-lauderdale-airport-north.html

The map says it's about 15 minutes away from the airport. I hope SAS can pick us up from the hotel and we don't have to lug our luggage back to FLL the morning of our cruise. But I'm not complaining because the hotel shuttle is F-R-E-E. :p

Archived