Future Soda Package Policy

Dspcentury

I was told today by a representative of NCL that they are discussing a policy in the future that if one person in the cabin purchase a soda package that both or all cruisers in the cabin would have to purchase it. They said there are too many instances were people are sharing the package. As of right now, if you purchase an alcohol package..everyone in the cabin has to take the package.

As far as the soda package is concern..I feel that is not right because people like myself who have medical conditions who does not drink soda should be subject to this policy....

I was told today by a representative of NCL that they are discussing a policy in the future that if one person in the cabin purchase a soda package that both or all cruisers in the cabin would have to purchase it. They said there are too many instances were people are sharing the package. As of right now, if you purchase an alcohol package..everyone in the cabin has to take the package.

As far as the soda package is concern..I feel that is not right because people like myself who have medical conditions who does not drink soda should be subject to this policy....

We don't drink soda, but still - I think that's crazy and unfair.

It's so ironic that you mentioned this. When I had called ncl to inquire about the soda package months ago, I was told the whole family had to buy it- new rules. A few posters here almost ate my face off saying that I was wrong. I felt terrible, called Ncl again and was told the same as you. So thank you, I know that I am not crazy. Lol :)

I did not purchase the UBP on my cruise because I do not drink alcohol, and I would have to purchase it if hubby did. When I figured out how many drinks hubby would have to have daily for it to be cost effective, I did not get it. I would have had to carry hubby around the ship. Not good.

If people have a medical condition that prevents them from drinking soda or they simply don't like it, I can see why they would be upset. Hubby may drink soda constantly and maybe you only drink water. :(

It's so ironic that you mentioned this. When I had called ncl to inquire about the soda package months ago, I was told the whole family had to buy it- new rules. A few posters here almost ate my face off saying that I was wrong. I felt terrible, called Ncl again and was told the same as you. So thank you, I know that I am not crazy. Lol :)

I did not purchase the UBP on my cruise because I do not drink alcohol, and I would have to purchase it if hubby did. When I figured out how many drinks hubby would have to have daily for it to be cost effective, I did not get it. I would have had to carry hubby around the ship. Not good.

If people have a medical condition that prevents them from drinking soda or they simply don't like it, I can see why they would be upset. Hubby may drink soda constantly and maybe you only drink water. :(

Ate your face off LMAO!! :D

Well that would stink. I have 2 in cabin that get it and 2 who don't...and it had never been an issue. I am not paying that much since one may have a few sodas all week and other one does not drink any. So I will have to bring our own!

sent from my Samsung galaxy s3

I've always bought the soda card and I didn't share. DH, DD and DS rarely drink soda. I'm not big on excursions and usually spend most of my time onboard so it's a good deal for me. Soda is actually a vacation treat for me.

But I have seen it abused and maybe it's just costing too much. I'll still buy my soda with or without card.

(Edit) Tammy531 has the right idea and I'll bring my own supply. Pepsi is not my first choice, so I'll bring my own Coke.

Well that sucks. I think DS is the only one who would drink enough pop to get use out of it this time around since I stopped drinking very much, and hubby rarely does...maybe we will just have to stock up on some before boarding. Anyone know when this starts?

Shouldn't be THAT big a deal...If you really can't purchase the package simply explain the situation to the other person or persons in your room. Once they understand your situaton, they can opt to not buy the package, and then nobody can force you to either. I see no reason why your traveling companions would want to make the decision to buy something that would be forced on you as well.

Nobody says you have to buy it. It is an option that many (maybe most?) people do not buy.

Perhaps OP spoke to the same person you did and it's all for nothing? It wouldn't be the first time NCL on land has gotten it wrong. Especially when they rolled out the UBP it could just have confused them.

I feel that is not right because people like myself who have medical conditions who does not drink soda should be subject to this policy....

Same can be said about the alcohol policy. What if one of the two in the room want the alcohol Pkg. and the other is in AAA.

Harriet

I told my sister (a soda addict) about this new policy and she called ncl and they told her that she did not have to purchase it for everyone in the cabin...maybe it depends on who you talk to? I guess we will find out on Monday.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

Wouldn't surprise me. I know people who absolutely buy one, maybe two passes and use them to supply their entire family for the week..exactly the abuse such a rule would prevent.

We bring these rules on ourselves. Used to be able to bring a bottle of liquor to enjoy a drink in your cabin. Others decided to bring a complete bar and use the drinks all over the ship. The result nobody can bring any. Same with soda cards. Often one for the family and shared. Excellent teachings for the kids. Now this change if it happens not unexpected.

I'll be doing my first NCL cruise next week, done four on Carnival before, can I buy the soda package when I get onboard like on Carnival? Still deciding if I want it as i am trying to cut down on the soda drinking.:D

Yes, you can purchase it at any open bar on embarcation day.

Nobody says you have to buy it. It is an option that many (maybe most?) people do not buy.

To the contrary...If I can't drink the soda and my if my wife does drink the soda than they are saying that I have to buy this package.

This policy is not happening right now but maybe considered in the future....

I told my sister (a soda addict) about this new policy and she called ncl and they told her that she did not have to purchase it for everyone in the cabin...maybe it depends on who you talk to? I guess we will find out on Monday.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Forums mobile app

This policy is not in effect right now according to NCL supervisor but could be considered in the future.

Archived