Paying for wine taken onboard.

gojocruise

Hi, quick question to you all. I'm sailing tomorrow, taking my 2 free bottles of bubbly onboard but want to also take and additional 4/5. I know that I will need to pay the $15 corkage for the additional bottles. Does the charge get added to my on-board account or do you pay cash dockside?

Cheers, Jo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The process is anything but consistent, however I have not heard that anyone is paying cash in the terminal. The options seem to be: business as usual where you march on with your wine without so much as a mention, in which case you sign a charge slip in the dining room for each bottle taken there (which was our situation in Vancouver a couple of weeks ago), or they count up your bottles as you go through security and charge your onboard account as you board. But the "cashless" system of the cruise would seem to suggest that no one is running credit cards in the security area. And they would likely never take cash for such a non-inventory controlled cost. Way too much of it would go unreported and find its way into the pockets of the people doing the collecting. Bring on 5 bottles. Collect for 5 bottles. Write down that there were 3 bottles. Collect $75 in cash. Put $45 in the cash drawer. Put $30 in the back pocket.

If you are sailing from Southampton then chances are no one will be checking. Security scanning is done by port staff, not Princess staff. Never yet heard of anyone being charged extra at Southamton, but I'm sure it will change.....

So if no-one asks how much you have then keep quiet :)

Hi, quick question to you all. I'm sailing tomorrow, taking my 2 free bottles of bubbly onboard but want to also take and additional 4/5. I know that I will need to pay the $15 corkage for the additional bottles. Does the charge get added to my on-board account or do you pay cash dockside?

Cheers, Jo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I thought it was only one bottle of wine/bubbly per stateroom, not each pax?

Archived