wine

hairone

I know you can bring 1 bottle of wine onboard per person but can someone tell me the size of the bottle? We don't want to bring a 2 liter bottle & then find out at check-in that it is to big.

Ontime

you may bring two standard size bottles PER CABIN.

not one bottle per person

• 3 weeks later...

2 Quick Questions:

I am planning on taking our own bottles of wine for our next cruise.

1. There is some talk on the roll call that if you take the bottles on board, you are charged the corkage fee, even if you drink in your room (outside the public place). Anyone have any experience with the fee when opening/drinking in their cabins?

2. Can your room attendant get a cork puller? Or did you bring one (not sure if this a restricted item)?

Thanks for your input and experiences!!

2 Quick Questions:

1. There is some talk on the roll call that if you take the bottles on board, you are charged the corkage fee, even if you drink in your room (outside the public place). Anyone have any experience with the fee when opening/drinking in their cabins?

2. Can your room attendant get a cork puller? Or did you bring one (not sure if this a restricted item)?

There is no fee when drinking wine in the privacy of your cabin. You can ask your cabin attendant for a corkscrew. Many have reported that they brought their own on board in their carry on with no problem.

2 Quick Questions:

The corkage fee applies to wine you bring to the dining room and ask them to cork & serve at dinner. The wine you bring to drink in your cabin is "free & clear" Your cabin steward will provide ice, an ice bucket and wine glasses. Personally, I'll bring my own cork screw...can't imagine they have an unlimited supply to loan out. Cork screws are not restricted although, I've heard of people having issues with pocket knives so be sure to select a cork screw that doesn't have a built-in knife. Cheers & enjoy your cruise!

2 x 750ml bottles per cabin not per person. It makes a difference because a solo traveller can still bring 2 bottles on board.

So, if we are traveling with 2 minors in their own stateroom, should we be able to bring 2 bottles for that stateroom as well as 2 bottles for our own?

The corkage fee applies to wine you bring to the dining room and ask them to cork & serve at dinner. The wine you bring to drink in your cabin is "free & clear" Your cabin steward will provide ice, an ice bucket and wine glasses. Personally, I'll bring my own cork screw...can't imagine they have an unlimited supply to loan out. Cork screws are not restricted although, I've heard of people having issues with pocket knives so be sure to select a cork screw that doesn't have a built-in knife. Cheers & enjoy your cruise!

The corkscrew they give you is a plastic T-type, where you pull the cover off the screw and slide it through the base of the screw to form the handle. It's a giveaway, not a loaner. I kept mine from the last cruise to bring along for the next one.

As long as we are on the topic, who has experience bring wine on a back to back cruise? I know the FAQ section of the website says we can bring on two bottles per cabin per cruise and states they will hold two until the second cruise.

We have two cabins on B2B cruises on Allure, so we will have two bottles x two cabins per cruise x two cruises = eight bottles with us on initial embarkation. Wow, way more than I have ever carried. That many bottles will probably get the scanner's attention:) (unless we separate them into multiple bags). when security sees so many bottles, do they call someone over to take possession of the extra bottles or do they send us somewhere to deal with the issue? Is it a hassle? If so, I could put two bottles in my big purse, two in my carry on bag, two in DH's carry on bag and two in a wine store bag. splitting it up a bit of a hassle, but it could be done if hassle in the end.

IF anybody has been through the process on a B2B (especially Allure/Oasis terminal), I'd like to hear how it worked.

As long as we are on the topic, who has experience bring wine on a back to back cruise? I know the FAQ section of the website says we can bring on two bottles per cabin per cruise and states they will hold two until the second cruise.

We have two cabins on B2B cruises on Allure, so we will have two bottles x two cabins per cruise x two cruises = eight bottles with us on initial embarkation. Wow, way more than I have ever carried. That many bottles will probably get the scanner's attention:) (unless we separate them into multiple bags). when security sees so many bottles, do they call someone over to take possession of the extra bottles or do they send us somewhere to deal with the issue? Is it a hassle? If so, I could put two bottles in my big purse, two in my carry on bag, two in DH's carry on bag and two in a wine store bag. splitting it up a bit of a hassle, but it could be done if hassle in the end.

IF anybody has been through the process on a B2B (especially Allure/Oasis terminal), I'd like to hear how it worked.

Also interested to know as we will be able to carry 6 bottles on for our B2B this Christmas.

Last March I carried 4 bottles onboard for a five day cruise. The guy at the check in asked me about that and I just pointed at my wife and two kids, said we had two cabins and he said ok, no checking or anything though we actually did have the 2 cabins with one adult in each.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

So, if we are traveling with 2 minors in their own stateroom, should we be able to bring 2 bottles for that stateroom as well as 2 bottles for our own?

We had 8 bottles between us when boarding Legend this summer (2 cabins, with an adult and teen booked in each one--we got extra keys on board) was 4 bottles per cruise and it was a B2B).

Security had us move aside, we showed them the paperwork that proved we had two cabins and that we were B2B and they asked which bottles we wanted to have them hold until the next week and which of our two cabins we preferred to have them delivered to on the last night of the first leg. It was very easy (even in Italy, with some language barrier).

Interesting topic, and for anyone who may be interested, here's a bit of additional info.

I had previously read on CC that although the rule is 2 bottles per cabin, you can likely get away with bringing more. So I decided to try it.

I was just on the EN last week. I brought 2 bottles in my carryon, and my (adult) daughter brought one in hers. We were sharing a cabin. I had no problems whatsoever doing this, no one even batted an eye.

We had 8 bottles between us when boarding Legend this summer (2 cabins, with an adult and teen booked in each one--we got extra keys on board) was 4 bottles per cruise and it was a B2B).

Security had us move aside, we showed them the paperwork that proved we had two cabins and that we were B2B and they asked which bottles we wanted to have them hold until the next week and which of our two cabins we preferred to have them delivered to on the last night of the first leg. It was very easy (even in Italy, with some language barrier).

Thanks, that is very helpful. I hope it works that smoothly for us.

Interesting topic, and for anyone who may be interested, here's a bit of additional info.

I had previously read on CC that although the rule is 2 bottles per cabin, you can likely get away with bringing more. So I decided to try it.

I was just on the EN last week. I brought 2 bottles in my carryon, and my (adult) daughter brought one in hers. We were sharing a cabin. I had no problems whatsoever doing this, no one even batted an eye.

So far, I have not seen an effort to match bottles to people, so I am not surprised that you succeeded by splitting your up.

in fact, that was the reason I considered splitting my bottles up if posters here said the B2B wine thing had been a hassle in the past. I am not bring more than allowed; I just want low stress embarkation and turnaround days.

Does anyone have experience with getting ice buckets and glasses in a non-suite cabin? Maybe even on Enchantment?

Also, say you have a glass of wine and walk out to sit somewhere in an open area (that isn't at a bar), would there be any fees? We'll be on Deck 4 and there is lots of seating in the centrum that we plan to utilize with friends. If we brought a glass with us, would there be any problem?

Also, say you have a glass of wine and walk out to sit somewhere in an open area (that isn't at a bar), would there be any fees? We'll be on Deck 4 and there is lots of seating in the centrum that we plan to utilize with friends. If we brought a glass with us, would there be any problem?

Yes. They add a low-level radioactive isotope to all the wine they serve on board, and have installed scanners that can tell the difference between wine purchased at a bar and wine you brought onboard and poured in your room. If they catch you consuming your own wine in a public area, they will automatically add the corkage fee to your SeaPass account. :D

Just kidding, of course. They will neither know nor care where you got the wine, if you sit in the Centrum drinking a glass.

Does anyone have experience with getting ice buckets and glasses in a non-suite cabin? Maybe even on Enchantment?

Last week I was on EN in an OV. Cabin steward brought us corkscrew, glasses, and ice buckets... And yes, we took our glasses of wine in public areas, no problem. :)

Yes. They add a low-level radioactive isotope to all the wine they serve on board, and have installed scanners that can tell the difference between wine purchased at a bar and wine you brought onboard and poured in your room. If they catch you consuming your own wine in a public area, they will automatically add the corkage fee to your SeaPass account. :D

Just kidding, of course. They will neither know nor care where you got the wine, if you sit in the Centrum drinking a glass.

HA! I figured, but hey, better ask than find out the hard way. :p

We brought champagne for New Years. Had a seat in the pub, I went and brought the bottle in the ice bucket down. We uncorked it right before midnight and enjoyed. No questions asked nor corkage fees. We also had a bottle in the MDR. We opened it in the cabin and the waiters poured it and brought an ice bucket to keep it cold. No corkage fee. Now, they can rightfully charge one as it is the rule. But they work for tips. They want you to be happy and will go "above and beyond." They also have no idea where you bought the wine (glass or bottle). You can buy a bottle in Vintages and carry it with you. I wouldn't bring a personal bottle in nightly, but once, shouldn't be a problem. Just bring it in opened.