If we bring our parents will they get some of the Platinum and Suite perks too?

MHMarkL

Or a suite?

I understand that if you are an Elite in a Suite, you will receive 2 mini-bar set ups. That's a whole lot of fun. I am working myself toward Elite so that I don't have to tote water and sodas with me. Soon! We all have silly reasons for pursuing that elusive Captain Circle Level, besides the joy of cruising.

-----As for priority disembarkation for those in a full suite, some people misinterpret this as meaning they can cut in line ahead of others. Priority disembarkation means that you can bypass getting a tender ticket and join the back of the line. It is for disembarkation only and does not include re-embarkation.

Apparently there has been a recent change in the Suite tender perk. We can't wait to see if it works on our October cruise.

The on-line description of Suite Perks states under the heading of -

Be treated like royalty onboard and as you go ashore!

Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise.

Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise.
I wonder if this is poor language since you could interpret it two ways:

1. Priority disembarkation and re-embarkation at tender ports... or,

2. Priority embarkation (on embarkation day) and disembarkation at tender ports...

I suspect there hasn't been a change but it's just poor language skills. I guess I'll know next month off the Royal.

Edited by Pam in CA

Apparently there has been a recent change in the Suite tender perk. We can't wait to see if it works on our October cruise.

The on-line description of Suite Perks states under the heading of -

Be treated like royalty onboard and as you go ashore!

We just returned this week from a cruise in a suite -- there was no priority embarkation at tender ports. We did receive the tender tickets for disembarkation. There were 2 tender ports on the British Isles cruise and we didn't even use the tickets (we were on a Princess excursion in one; on the other we disembarked an hour after the tenders started running and walked right on board).

In my experience, on my first few cruises with my parents (who are Platinum, currently either 1 or 2 cruises from Elite) they had no trouble having us board with them or wait in the platinum embarkation lounge at Fort Lauderdale, and we were also able to wait in the Platinum disembarkation lounge once or twice, but they were told that this is largely dependent on availability of space (and most of the time we just use the regular disembarkation lounges anyway.) On my most recent cruise, my two friends were able to wait in the platinum embarkation lounge with me at San Pedro, but in that case we were all in the same cabin.

this is from princess....If you are a Platinum Member, you and your family or guests will be invited to use the Preferred Check-In.... but it doesnt say they can board with you

This is Princess policy as stated above. We have had friends (who are NOT Platinum--which we ARE Platinum) to be able to join us per-boarding on embankment and also come with us to the Platinum lounge when we are disembarking at the end of the cruise.

Edited by monakayk

Is it safe to assume that children are allowed in priority boarding, etc. with their parents who are Platinum? What if some of the children are adults and one a minor?

We just reached Platinum. We hope to take my kids on a cruise again next summer, and they have only cruised once previously with Princess. The kids will be 15, 18 and 21 at the time, and in a separate cabin from us. Will they let all three kids into priority boarding with us? I would guess that if they were all minors, they would allow it, but will they if only one is a minor?

This is Princess policy as stated above. We have had friends (who are NOT Platinum--which we ARE Platinum) to be able to join us per-boarding on embankment and also come with us to the Platinum lounge when we are disembarking at the end of the cruise.

as stated in the policy they can check in with you but they may have to embark by them selves and the same disembarking as they have not earned that privilige.....can you imagine how many people would be in the priority lounges if people bought others that were not supposed to be there

Edited by rkmw

• 4 months later...
We have invited my parents along on our March 2014, 7 day coastal cruise on the Grand. We will be in a suite and they will have a balcony room. They have never cruised before and we are Platinum.

Will they be able to join us in the Disembarkation Lounge and priority check-in line? Will they be able to come with us to Sabatinis for breakfast?

What other perks will they be able to utilize while with us and which ones will be off limits?

If anyone has experience with this, it would be great to hear your advice and insights.

Well, after careful consideration, we decided to cancel our parents balcony room and book them a suite right next to ours. This way we will all get the same benefits and wont have to worry about it. We want them to have an exceptional time on this cruise.

Well, after careful consideration, we decided to cancel our parents balcony room and book them a suite right next to ours. This way we will all get the same benefits and wont have to worry about it. We want them to have an exceptional time on this cruise.

Have a great cruise.

How wonderful! You're sure to have a great cruise.

We have invited my parents along on our March 2014, 7 day coastal cruise on the Grand. We will be in a suite and they will have a balcony room. They have never cruised before and we are Platinum.

Will they be able to join us in the Disembarkation Lounge and priority check-in line? Will they be able to come with us to Sabatinis for breakfast?

What other perks will they be able to utilize while with us and which ones will be off limits?

If anyone has experience with this, it would be great to hear your advice and insights.

Yes, absolutely. Our parents were able to board with us on a priority basis