China in early November

cruiseonly

Has anyone been to China on a land tour in early November.

Rates are very reasonable in that time frame.

Thanks

We went on a land tour early to mid October for 2 weeks...Prices for our tour were great and we had wonderful weather...Sorry but this is as close as I can get to your timeframe..We're so glad we opted for a land tour and not the cruise we had considered....Enjoy !!

Beijing will be getting its first cold spells, no snow yet. Suggest fall/winter coat.

Great Wall will be cold and at times windy; however it may get warm in the afternoon on what passes as a sunny day there. Head cover for sure.

Southern China is tropical, light jacket.

YMMV.

First time I was in Beijing was early November 1980, found out Ronald Reagan was elected POTUS from a Time magazine for sale in the hotel lobby.

Thanks

I've spent plenty of time in China during the month of November, though not for vacation. Do you have a specific question? Weather? Keep in mind China is huge, so weather varies greatly...so if you're interested in weather, you'll need to be more specific about where you are going.

I noticed you were in China in October. We are leaving Oct. 3 to stay in Beijing for 5 days. Will we need a warm coat to go up the wall? Were you there during the holiday? Thanks in advance

Barb

Early October in Beijing is hot & humid; as noted Oct 1 is National Day and is celebrated for a week, but Beijing will be a spiffed up. The temperature quickly changes mid-late October.

Thanks

We did a land/4 days on the Yangtze tour , October 30 to mid November...Had wonderful weather, Beijing will be a little chilly, especially in the a.m. first thing, but just layer. Hong Kong was very comfortable temps, at the end of our trip, not humid at all.

I found it to be a great time of year.

I noticed you were in China in October. We are leaving Oct. 3 to stay in Beijing for 5 days. Will we need a warm coat to go up the wall? Were you there during the holiday? Thanks in advance

Barb

We were there last October 5th-16th..we arrived at the "end" of the holiday and feel our timing was perfect as everywhere was beautiful from the national holiday. According to what we experienced everyone was returning back to work and so we actually had no problems with crowds although lot's of traffic...Weather was great (warm) a very hot day climbing the wall so take plenty of water with you, and the rates we got for our tour timeframe was amazing. We were prepared for any type of weather and ended up being very surprised we only had a bit of warm rain while in Xi'an. Enjoy this amazing country..we can't wait to return.

Thank you Ashland for the information. We were hoping that the holiday would not last the whole week , so your info sounds promising. We were trying to decide if we need a warm coat or just layer to go up the great wall. It sounds like layering will be good. We are off on cruise after Beijing.

Thanks again

Barb

Archived