how far is seven mile beach from the pier?

spyder209

Do I really need to book an excursion for $39 a person which only gets me a ride to the beach and an umbrella and chair? Or is the taxi ride gonna be costly?

5.00-6.00 dollar cab ride p/p ea way and may I suggest go to Royal Palms Beach Club or SeaGrape Beach club. There is a 2.00 admission to Royal but they have a pool.

Royal Palms

5.00-6.00 dollar cab ride p/p ea way and may I suggest go to Royal Palms Beach Club or SeaGrape Beach club. There is a 2.00 admission to Royal but they have a pool.

Royal Palms

Thanks that is a great idea! So I can just show up and pay admission to the beach club? I don't have to purchase anything in advance? And is it on seven mile beach?

Thanks that is a great idea! So I can just show up and pay admission to the beach club? I don't have to purchase anything in advance? And is it on seven mile beach?

Yup. No need for an excursion if all you're looking for is a beach day. it's easy and cheaper to DIY an excursion. Only Royal Palms has an entry fee, but as the PP mentioned they have an adults only pool. Other beach clubs include Tiki Beach, Surfside, and Sea Grape/Public Beach/Calico Jacks. Info about the different areas of Seven Mile Beach can be found in this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880444 - and the many others in this forum discussing SMB.

Yup. No need for an excursion if all you're looking for is a beach day. it's easy and cheaper to DIY an excursion. Only Royal Palms has an entry fee, but as the PP mentioned they have an adults only pool. Other beach clubs include Tiki Beach, Surfside, and Sea Grape/Public Beach/Calico Jacks. Info about the different areas of Seven Mile Beach can be found in this thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880444 - and the many others in this forum discussing SMB.

thanks so much!

You can grab a bus from right near the port for $2.50 each way.

Were the buses off to the right? They were more like vans, right? Is the 2.50 in US Dollars? We went to CI 3 years ago and it seems like we paid US dollars for everything. Even the souvenir shops.

I have seen on other post where places will only take CI money. Or if you give them US they will not give change. I know every situation is different but just wanted to make sure. We are going to the Royal Palms and just need to know if they will take US or CI.

I just want to make sure if I need to convert money before I go.

For a beach day we love going to Calico Jack's! :D

LuLu

~~~~

We also had good times at Jack's but we now really like Royal Palms. The 2.00 admission was worth using this facility. We enjoyed the kid free pool and if buying food and drinks no charge for chairs around the pool area.

Were the buses off to the right? They were more like vans, right? Is the 2.50 in US Dollars? We went to CI 3 years ago and it seems like we paid US dollars for everything. Even the souvenir shops.

I have seen on other post where places will only take CI money. Or if you give them US they will not give change. I know every situation is different but just wanted to make sure. We are going to the Royal Palms and just need to know if they will take US or CI.

I just want to make sure if I need to convert money before I go.

Public buses (depart next to library on Edward St) are CI$2 or US$2.50 each way, per person, to Seven Mile Beach.

You can pay almost anything with US currency in Cayman. you very likely will not receive change in US except in some tourist shops.

You do not need to convert your money. ATMs offer CI$ or US$ cash. You could go to a bank to make a currency exchange but you will not get a better rate.

Were the buses off to the right? They were more like vans, right?

From the port you walk a bit left (or straight, depending on WHERE you exit the port area) on Harbor Drive/N Church St and then right on Fort Street. The bus area is straight ahead on the right. They are vans and have a coloured sign in the window. Route 1 (yellow) and 2 (lime green) go to Seven Mile.

Public buses (depart next to library on Edward St) are CI$2 or US$2.50 each way, per person, to Seven Mile Beach.

You can pay almost anything with US currency in Cayman. you very likely will not receive change in US except in some tourist shops.

You do not need to convert your money. ATMs offer CI$ or US$ cash. You could go to a bank to make a currency exchange but you will not get a better rate.

Thanks for the information! It sounds like the public bus systems is safe and the cheapest way to get around CI. We are going to go up to the Cayman Brewery first and then back down to Royal Palms.

• 3 weeks later...
I would take a cab on my own to TIKI Beach.

Rentals, cocncession area, nice restrooms....nice sandy beach.

Come and go as you like.

We made it 2 hours............HOT!!!!

Sea Ya

When I contacted Tiki beach they quoted me $30pp for a chair. At those prices, I'll go somewhere else.

Archived