Mariner Dry Dock?

tango223

They actually can do a ton of work in that length of time -- they work day and night on the ship. I know that they are replacing all of the carpeting in the public areas, putting new furniture in the Horizon Lounge and Observation Lounge. They usually refurbish suites as well. They put the ships in dry dock every two years and continually work on the ship while it is at sea. They are changing the "look" of their ships. Not sure if there are pictures of the Navigator around on the rssc.com website. The Navigator has the new "look". If there are no pictures, I have some that I could post. The décor on the Voyager and Mariner will look pretty much like the Navigator.

The Voyager is actually the next ship to go into dry dock -- she will be refurbished in October of this year:)

Thank you for the pictures. Although I would never be in one of those large suites, I like the idea of the decor. We are on the Voyager out of Sydney on Feb. 1 and are looking forward to the new refurbishment. Beautiful! Thanks for posting.

Jackie,

Were the standard cabins redone as well?

Yes -- everything was redone. I wasn't on the ship (and have not been in at least 2 years). The pictures were loaned to me by someone who was onboard during dry dock. For some reason, only pictures of the upper suites were taken. I'm a Voyager fan and am trying to imagine how beautiful she will look with these colors:-)

Looking forward to being on the Voyager for Christmas and New Year's. Wish pictures had been taken of the public spaces. I'm not a big picture taker but may have to take a few when we are onboard if someone doesn't do it before me. Do you have any Voyager cruises in your future?

Yes -- everything was redone. I wasn't on the ship (and have not been in at least 2 years).

Jackie, If you are still talking about the Navigator, I believe there was minimal changes to the standard cabins; the carpeting was changed, perhaps the locks on the sliding doors. Generally, no color or furniture changes that I can remember. Angie

Yes -- everything was redone. I wasn't on the ship (and have not been in at least 2 years).

Jackie, If you are still talking about the Navigator, I believe there was minimal changes to the standard cabins; the carpeting was changed, perhaps the locks on the sliding doors. Generally, no color or furniture changes that I can remember. Angie

Interesting. I was told that all "soft goods" were changed which would have included bedspreads and probably drapes by the windows. Thanks for the information.

Interesting. I was told that all "soft goods" were changed which would have included bedspreads and probably drapes by the windows. Thanks for the information.

Of course this is minor, they may have very well changed soft goods and as I think back maybe mattresses (very comfortable), but not furniture or colors unless needing repair. I believe the upper categories received the major changes. Angie

Mr. FDR & Kkamlani, do not mess with the "Art Deco" inerior design throughout Mariner. Exploit it for what it is and feature the unique design elements in your brochures. Let the public know that Mariner is as perfect an example of Ertes' Art Deco concept as the Chrysler building in NYC or the Coca Cola bottling plant in Los Angeles. Don't lose it, use it!....:D

Awed, could you start a thread devoted to this subject (maybe with pictures?) so that those who are unaware will see how really cool this art deco design really is and why it is valuable to maintain?

I will try but first I need to discover the upload method.....

Of course this is minor, they may have very well changed soft goods and as I think back maybe mattresses (very comfortable), but not furniture or colors unless needing repair. I believe the upper categories received the major changes. Angie

I have been on Navigator every year for the last several years pre- and post- drydock....the standard cabins on Navigator were not refurbished. We were just on a couple of months ago. The cabin we were in could have used an upgrade, both soft and dry goods.

I have been on Navigator every year for the last several years pre- and post- drydock....the standard cabins on Navigator were not refurbished. We were just on a couple of months ago. The cabin we were in could have used an upgrade, both soft and dry goods.

We have avoided the Navigator for the past few years -- it is the only ship where my DH gets seasick:-) I'll pay special attention to the cabins on the Voyager when we are there in December.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all. I am an Oceania 3-timer considering booking the Regent Mariner in April, 2015 in the Med.

Does anyone have any photos of the "new look" that the Mariner will have after drydock or where I could find them? I'm anxious to see how it will look. The reviews on Mariner haven't been that great lately...I'm hoping that turns around.

Any info you have is greatly appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Never sailed Regent but have been looking at cruise ending on 28 March which sounds like could be last before dry dock. Have heard bad experiences on other lines about work starting during the last cruise and causing a lot of inconvenience. Any comments re Regent. Thanks

Archived