in the tv guide its Crystal Serenity

i read up on the ship and its 6 star and built in 2003, 68,000 ton

holds 1080 paxs and no inside cabins

must be very nice

in the tv guide its Crystal Serenity

i read up on the ship and its 6 star and built in 2003, 68,000 ton

holds 1080 paxs and no inside cabins

must be very nice

Yes it is Crystal not Celebrity, either way I have it booked in to record. Thanks for the heads up Very frequent flyer.:D

on the show last night they had the ship docking at Bali, is that a regular dock now or only a one off

I am not sure, but the Sun princess was due to dock there on its current cruise, but will miss this port (and also missed it on its last cruise) due to engine issues.:D

on the show last night they had the ship docking at Bali, is that a regular dock now or only a one off

They would have called in on their World Cruise. Serenity or Symphony ,does a WC each year. The webcams they transmit are amongst the best from any cruise ship.Last year I think they actually sailed into and docked at Benoa ,whereas the larger cruise ships have to anchor out and tender in.

http://www.kroooz-cams.com/

When it was in Singapore I remember seeing it from the cable car as we were there at the time. I remember identifying the ship from the cable car as we went over.

When we were in Singapore in February 2012 we passed over the top of Legend of the Seas while on the cable car.

Having disembarked from Rhapsody of the Seas a few days earlier, we were tempted to jump off the cable car and onto the ship. :eek:

We are calling into Bali during our upcoming cruise from Sydney to Perth on Radiance of the Seas. It is another tender port for us with the suggested tender time about 45 minutes!

We are calling into Bali during our upcoming cruise from Sydney to Perth on Radiance of the Seas. It is another tender port for us with the suggested tender time about 45 minutes!

The Radiance would have to tender as it would be too big to berth at Benoa.

Keep an eye out when you are are on the tender for the locals fishing in chest high water.

Keep an eye out when you are are on the tender for the locals fishing in chest high water.

Thanks for the "heads-up" Graeme!

Nice to have you back here on the boards! I guess you'll be back at work at the OPT pretty soon!

Gae

Nice to have you back here on the boards! I guess you'll be back at work at the OPT pretty soon!

Gae

Yes, The Crystal Serenity is only 69,000 tons and 250 metres long, so relatively small to mid size compared to the Radiance.:D

Another heads up when tendering at Benoa.....

As well as the ships tenders they sometimes employ the services of a catamaran to assist. The Cat can move 300 people at a time, however once back at the ship, only 1 person at a time can still get on/off.... so dont rush to get on the big boat...the smaller tenders are sometimes quicker.:D

Another heads up when tendering at Benoa.....

As well as the ships tenders they sometimes employ the services of a catamaran to assist. The Cat can move 300 people at a time, however once back at the ship, only 1 person at a time can still get on/off.... so dont rush to get on the big boat...the smaller tenders are sometimes quicker.:D

Yes, we had that at the GBR, 1 hour to disembark the Cat back onto the ship through the security.

Gae

Thanks. Yes it all kicks off again on the 5th October and it looks like being a pretty busy season. Come and say hello on the 24th when you sail out.

Archived