Princess Travel Insurance?

phabric

super helpful answer above!

i'm also looking at and trying to figure out the pros and cons of booking my own air and travel insurance vs. princess ez air and their insurance. I don't know if their insurance necessarily covers ez air purchases, but it looks like ez air comes with the benefits of pre and post cruise flight protection - if you miss cruise embarkation due to airline issues, princess will work to get you to the next port. if you miss your departing flight due to a princess issue, they'll work with the airline to get you back home.

super helpful answer above!

i'm also looking at and trying to figure out the pros and cons of booking my own air and travel insurance vs. princess ez air and their insurance. I don't know if their insurance necessarily covers ez air purchases, but it looks like ez air comes with the benefits of pre and post cruise flight protection - if you miss cruise embarkation due to airline issues, princess will work to get you to the next port. if you miss your departing flight due to a princess issue, they'll work with the airline to get you back home.

Funny....but many people never think to check info out on the Princess website.:) ...and it can sometimes more accurate that info posted here

Funny....but many people never think to check info out on the Princess website.:) ...and it can sometimes more accurate that info posted here

Or call the insurance company directly:

If you have any questions or require additional information, please call Berkely, the program administrator for Princess Vacation Protection, at 1-877-846-8833.

Office Hours: 8AM – 10PM (EST) Monday – Friday

9AM – 5PM (EST) Saturday

My DH has a pre existing condition and other insurance companies will not insure him. With Princess Insurance, if I had to cancel and it was not covered under the medical portion, I would be able to claim it under For Any Reason. At least, I would get something back, either in cash or a future credit. I only need trip cancellation as work as the medical coverage.

We are a small group thinking about booking a Sale with Nonrefundable Deposit. TA told us the deposit would be covered if we pay for the Insurance at the time we first book/make deposit.

Some folks aren't too sure about this. Anybody know for sure?

I plan to check with Princess directly but you can get various answers from them sometimes.

Thanks

We are a small group thinking about booking a Sale with Nonrefundable Deposit. TA told us the deposit would be covered if we pay for the Insurance at the time we first book/make deposit.

I plan to check with Princess directly but you can get various answers from them sometimes.

Thanks

Call the insurance company.....to be "sure".

It is one thing to ask about coffee cards, food and bed firmness here, but for something like insurance, you should go to the source. There can be some incorrect information here, and travel insurance is too important a matter on which to get "opinions".

Thanks

Princess has a 60 day look back from the day you purchase insurance (not book the cruise). You can not have any changes in the past 60 days in order to be covered for medical on the trip (cancel for any reason does still work).

Other insurance will often cover you if you buy insurance at time of deposit.

Call and ask!

Call the insurance company.....to be "sure".

It is one thing to ask about coffee cards, food and bed firmness here, but for something like insurance, you should go to the source. There can be some incorrect information here, and travel insurance is too important a matter on which to get "opinions".

I have to agree with you as everyone has a unique situation whether it be a personal medical reason or a sick or terminal family member. We always purchase from a third party because it offers more coverage and it includes flights and hotel stay should something happen. As far a Princess EZ air from what I have read here, it's not always that easy. Some of the arrival flights cut it too close to connection flights or check in time.

Archived