!!HELP!! 24 hour hold - need to decide which balcony cabin 7630 or 7708

Disclaimer: I am an over-thinker so please don't flame me for being so picky and indecisive - I cant help it:o.

We are booked on Independence, 13 nights, Nov 2, 2013 westbound transatlantic Southampton to FLL. Only ports of call after 8 days at sea are in the Caribbean (St. marten, San Juan and Coco Cay).

We have balcony cabin cat E1 7630 (just in front of the hump) booked. But 7708 corner aft (also an E1) just became available! Not sure which one to choose now....please help!

We've had 1388 corner aft on Navigator for a western Caribbean cruise and loved it. But we've never been on a TA or on freedom class so we're really unsure which would be best in this situation. If this was strictly a 7 night Caribbean cruise we would choose 7708 in a heart beat!

Concerns/negatives about 7708:

• TA could have rough seas - aft would get more motion than 7630.
  • less sun during the 8 day crossing (I'm thinking morning only due to east facing)
  • location - I didn't mind it on Navigator for 7 nights but Indy is a longer ship and 7630 is at the hump in prime location.

Concerns/negatives about 7630:

• I read there may be less privacy due to the angled balcony (not sure if this is the case:confused:)
  • no loungers
  • bed by the bathroom - I think, due to sofa bed (I prefer it by the balcony door)
  • may notice more cigarette smoke in 7630 than in 7708 (going this Nov. so no new policy yet)

So which would you choose? Please list any pros/cons for each.

Thanks!!

10 sea days mean you will be running around the ship a lot unless you hide on the balcony all day long. Do you really want to spend your time hiking back and forth to the cabin?

Hump all the way.

We did the Indy 12 day TA from London to Fl. in 2008? and loved it. We had a center hump.

We had 7708 on the Indy for our Canaries cruise two years ago and it was the most fantastic balcony we've ever seen. Even better than the Grand Suite balcony and that's saying a lot. :D One of my favorite things was to take a photo through the porthole on the balcony every morning and evening. Perfect picture frame, that.

It's done!! We are officailly in 7708 - so excited to finally get this cabin!

When I called our TA and asked to change our room he said "but that cabin is 20% obstructed". I said "Yeah, it's ok. Just change it".:p

Hopefully the ocean is kind to us on the crossing.

Thanks to all of you for sharing your opinions.:)

One thing I was wondering though is who gives up that cabin after final payment????

Edited by The Sunset Glow

Wow! All would choose 7708 except one person.

I think I will switch then. We will just have to be organized so we don't have to go back to the cabin as often:D

Thanks everyone!!

Its about the balcony, one of the largest. The cabin is the same.

Thanks, I found your review yesterday when doing a search and it helpeed me make up my mind:D. I'm excited about scooping this cabin after final payment!

Man, I just can't explain how great that balcony is. Sweet catch! Congrats.

BTW, some people mention that the walk to the aft is far. But it's only about 2 mins (maybe less) from the rear elevators to your cabin. The rear of the ship is where all the restaurants are, as well as the Solarium on the pool deck. Perfect location for us. It is, however, a long walk when you want to go to the theatre, which is in the bow of the ship. Deck 7 is a perfect location since the Promenade is on deck 5, and starts at the rear stairway. Just walk 2 mins to the stairs, go down 2 flights, and you are on the Promenade.

Take lots of pics of the balcony so you can relive it time and time again.

Man, I just can't explain how great that balcony is. Sweet catch! Congrats.

BTW, some people mention that the walk to the aft is far. But it's only about 2 mins (maybe less) from the rear elevators to your cabin. The rear of the ship is where all the restaurants are, as well as the Solarium on the pool deck. Perfect location for us. It is, however, a long walk when you want to go to the theatre, which is in the bow of the ship. Deck 7 is a perfect location since the Promenade is on deck 5, and starts at the rear stairway. Just walk 2 mins to the stairs, go down 2 flights, and you are on the Promenade.

Take lots of pics of the balcony so you can relive it time and time again.

Thanks for that.

We had 1388 corner aft on Navigator last February and loved it - didn't mind the walk. We had our 9 & 10 year olds with us so loved it because of the large cabin and and the balcony was great too. But I've never been been on a freedom class ship and know it's longer so it was a bit of a concern for a 13 nighter just for the inconvenience of the distance. I also heard lots about the 7708 balcony and was hoping to snag it someday.

We booked last march and thought 7630 was a good cabin, certainly an awesome location. But I've been checking almost daily for a better cabin to open up - never thought this one would though, especially at this late date! It really pays to keep an eye on things!!

It will only be hubby and I so we should have lots of room. I will be taking lots of pictures of our expansive balcony!:D