Lost & Found - Have you found or left behind something?

Ocean Air

Have you gotten home and realized you forgot something on a cruise or found something that another cruiser forgot?

I have left behind:

• a coffee travel mug
  • a suction magnifying make up mirror.

I have found:

• a childs rain slicker (on top of the closet - we left in the room)
  • a (huge - wasn't mine, lol) bra (couldn't close our draw all the way because it was jammed behind it - we left it in the room)

Edited by Ocean Air

I left a full bottle of champagne in a hotel 'fridge once. :(

I found a bottle of MadDog in a ship's 'fridge once. {shudder} We also found black lace underwear under a bed on a different ship.

I think the MadDog and lace underwear gives a whole new meaning to "rocking the boat" :eek:

I found several cans of beer in my fridge...I gave them to the cabin steward. I also couldn't unlock the safe on embarkation once, and when they came and opened it, there was a big fat wallet inside. They relocked it and came back with security to take it away. EM

I have found and turned in, at the pursers desk, a wallet, a purse, two cameras and a few sign 'n sail cards. Once I left a shawl I use at night for chilly places. It was $10 from a ship so I got another for $10 next time on the ship.

Edited by Bonnie J.

left a small black purse one time......another time we had to stop at the desk before we left the ship and there was a man behind us hoping they would sell him a shirt.....seems his wife packed so well she didn't have a top to wear off the ship LOL we had one carry on and gave him one of my husband's shirts.....he tried so hard to pay us, we did not take any money...he was so nice!!

I found a bracelet guest services thought I was weird for turning it in but it wasn't mine

^ This! Our friends found a bracelet on the floor of one of the clubs. It looked "real" - who can tell? The dj made an announcement, and nobody claimed it, so we went and turned it in... Later, someone who had been at the club recognized my friend, asked what she had done with the bracelet - and we heard the bracelet "was not at guest services". My friend was given a receipt for it, so we all went back down there - the finders and the losers - and suddenly it was located.... seems someone put it in a safe not normally utilized for lost and found. Hmmmm....

I found a silver CZ ruing in a drawer-turned it in to the steward.

Hubby left a sport coat, dress slacks, dress shirt, tie and 2 ties he bought on ship. We called them. It took them 6 weeks but they found the stuff and mailed it back to us for the cost of shipping it.

I somehow left behind a camera card with 173 pictures of my Mediterranean cruise on board. It either went behind the drawers or got thrown away or went home with a cabinmate (they said not), but I sure didn't get home with it.

Luckily, one of my cabinmates took almost identical pics as mine so I got a copy from her of all those places.

Steward and CD (who I knew) checked a couple of times but they were never found in cabin or turned in.

So, if you ever find yourself in 9362 on the Carnival Dream, will you please look behind the drawers and see if my camera card is there?:(

Not on a cruise but going through security at the airport I found someone's boarding pass on the floor. I gave it to tsa.

At a large outdoor event I found a cellphone on a chair in the sun. It was so hot I barely could touch it. I put it in the shade while we were having lunch in case the owner returned. No luck so I took it to security.

Left a bottle of champagne in the fridge.

Found a ditty bag in the Lido. Went to GS and asked them to call cabin of owner so I could return it. It was full of $100 bills, makeup, charge cards etc.

An older coupld came down and the lady took it with "thanks" and walked away. Her husband had said it was the 2nd time that day she'd lost her S&S card and that is what they thought it would be, not her entire wallet. I could hear him admonishing her for being so terse. She found me in the MDR that night and sent me a bottle of wine.

Left a battery charger plugged into the cabin outlet. I remembered while the ship was still in port, but alas, received no cooperation at all from the port people, nor later on from the headquarters staff in trying to recover it.

I was once told by a hotel employee that phone chargers are the most common lost & found items in hotels. If you ever forget yours while travelling, ask at the front desk and they might have one to loan/give you.

I would suspect that phone and/or camera chargers are probably top lost & found items on cruise ships too.

We cruised the Navigator of the Sea in March 9-15th. While in the Grand Caymans I found a memory card on the street. It has wedding pictures and what looks like to me a cruise in the med. The day we were there there were five other ships. I didn't know how to begin this search for someone to return their card. Hopefully someone is reading this. (Sorry no wedding night photos lol.)

We cruised the Navigator of the Sea in March 9-15th. While in the Grand Caymans I found a memory card on the street. It has wedding pictures and what looks like to me a cruise in the med. The day we were there there were five other ships. I didn't know how to begin this search for someone to return their card. Hopefully someone is reading this. (Sorry no wedding night photos lol.)

http://www.camerafound.com/