Celebrity Captains Club -- Catergory Upgrade???

Feelin' Nauti'

Does anybody know how the one category upgrade works in detail?

I just booked my second cruise (balcony) and was just reading the Captain's Club benefits.... didn't realize they gave upgrades as a perk. :(

My TA didn't mention this to me. Should I have booked a 1A to receive an upgrade to a 1B??? :confused:

Thanks in advance

Here is what is written in the Captain's Club Benefits regarding category upgrade:

One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for inside-to-inside or outside-to-outside staterooms, depending on availability. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to Exciting Deals, ChoiceAir® specials, Reduced air, interline, travel agent, Travelzoo, and employee rates, Upgrades apply for one stateroom per cruise. Stateroom assignments only. Suites, Concierge Class and verandas excluded. Not valid on holiday sailings or Reunion Cruises. Upgrades available from categories 11-4 on all Celebrity ships except Celebrity Xpedition®. Offer valid for members who are Classic Level or higher at the time of booking.

Since you've booked a verdanda it does not apply. When I've booked an Oceanview I've booked the category I wanted and my TA ensured I only paid for the category one below it.

:o

Oops! I booked a 1B I should have said 1C :o Sorry!

RickT

Verandas are excluded?!?!? :eek:

That's not fair. :(

1B is higher than a 1C. If you want a 1A, book a 1B. If you want a 1B, book a 1C. I believe the one category upgrade is only for those booking a cruise while on a cruise.

Oops! I booked a 1B I should have said 1C :o Sorry!

RickT

Not much point in putting in the perks really without a big star next to it on the list. It got me all happy for about 10 seconds too :(

Not much point in putting in the perks really without a big star next to it on the list. It got me all happy for about 10 seconds too :(

Sorry, Captains Club upgrade is inside to next grade of inside or oceanview to next grade of oceanview only. Balconies and higher don't count.

RickT

No one ever said life was fair :p

I think it's a little petty but perhaps that's just me. I also think they restrict it so they can advertise the lowest category veranda cabin for $150 less than the next category (for inside it's usually only $40-50 increase from the lowest) and not have to worry that a bunch of us will book a 2B for a 2C price.

Enjoy your cruise and don't let this little blip bother you. Either that or move to an oceanview cabin and take advantage of that big upgrade :rolleyes:

1B is higher than a 1C. If you want a 1A, book a 1B. If you want a 1B, book a 1C. I believe the one category upgrade is only for those booking a cruise while on a cruise.

We have used this while booking a cruise on a cruise. We would book at C2 and pay the price of a C3. How this works on land I'm not sure but it should be the same. Book the Cat you want and pay the lower price one below. What you can't do is book a C3 and pay the price of a A1. Richard

the book-on-board upgrade rules are different than the Captain's Club upgrade rules. The latter cannot be used with verandahs, the former can.

Wine-O, see what Cruisestitch said. The OP is talking about the Captain's Club upgrade, which is not talked about much.

PS, did you move? I thought you were in NJ?

Is this upgrade perk still available, since the Reserved Passages terms were revamped in August?

Once again, the OP's question has nothing to do with onboard booking. That is a different category upgrade.

But I think they changed that also, I'd have to look up the thread about it.

Once again, the OP's question has nothing to do with onboard booking. That is a different category upgrade.

But I think they changed that also, I'd have to look up the thread about it.

Oops, sorry...I'm just not focussed this morning :o. Getting ready to leave tomorrow for a cruise on the Solstice >>> that's my excuse ;).

Oops, sorry...I'm just not focussed this morning :o. Getting ready to leave tomorrow for a cruise on the Solstice >>> that's my excuse ;).

I just checked and there is no longer a three category upgrade like there used to be on the Reserved Passage. But making it combinable with other promos seems to be a fair trade off.

Enjoy Solstice and Alaska, we did earlier this year.

I just checked and there is no longer a three category upgrade like there used to be on the Reserved Passage. But making it combinable with other promos seems to be a fair trade off.

Enjoy Solstice and Alaska, we did earlier this year.

Thanks Orv. :)

Yes, I'm happy with the combinability.

We are sailing the 10-day Wine and America's cup cruise. The Pacific Coastal cruises are some of my favourite itineraries. Can't wait to get on the Solstice again, and the sailaway from Seattle in this beautiful weather should be wonderful!

We sailed Century to Alaska during the first week of July and loved it .

Wine-O, see what Cruisestitch said. The OP is talking about the Captain's Club upgrade, which is not talked about much.

PS, did you move? I thought you were in NJ?

OK, I get it. :rolleyes: We did this on Summit. Booked an O/V Cat 6 and paid the price of a Cat 7. I think it only saved us $10pp -- just enough for a martini. :) This Captain's Club thingy is only good for inside and oceanview, I believe

Yes, we moved mid-June. Semi-retired, but do some consulting for beer money. :D

Archived