First Celebrity Cruise in over FOUR Years!

mikjr

We will be on the Century to Hawaii in October. This will be our first Celebrity cruise in over four years... (sorry, we've been on Princess). We have sailed on Summit, Infinity, and Mercury.

We are looking very forward to being on Celebrity again. I have a few questions about the Century and would like your opinions on the following:

1) Favorite Food dishes in the main dining room?

2) Is there a movie theater on board? what are some of the current movies?

3) I remember Celebrity always having a pasta and pizza bar... is that still available

4) How are the Production shows? we must have seen the Piano Man 8 times on Princess!

5) is the no smoking policy adhered to by PAX?

6) Are the premium restaurants worth the extra $$$$

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanks

Well...I wish I could tell you! I have not been on Celebrity since 2003! But will be on the Silhouette in March. I too have been on Princess. For me, it has been the past ten years. But I am ready to try something new, and am a little frustrated with the direction Princess is taking. Time will tell how that all pans out. In 2011 I nearly did a Med cruise with Celebrity, but chose Ocean Princess instead (which I still regret).

Hopefully there will be some informative responses on this thread for the both of us.

Haven't been on the Century in a while, but I can answer a few questions.

People do follow the smoking policy from what I see on most Celebrity ships.

Pizza and pasta bar..........yes.

Speciality dining...............I think they are worth it on all class of Celebrity ships!

Enjoy!!!!

6) On Century 25Ns maybe 2 yrs. ago. A sweet smaller ship but food was marginal food compared to rest of fleet. I would not waste $40 each on Muranos, just more of same. But I am on the Feb 8N Caribbean cause I love St. Barts. On Sillie in Europe this Spring.To my taste one of most beautiful ships at sea, everything excellent.

The theater is now in your stateroom. Production show on Celebrity have changed since your last cruise. Better? Different, yes. (Actually we think they are better and finally different)

Very little smoking outside the designated areas. But, when we have a balcony, we will assure you there is still smoking on some of them.

Specialty dining... Had some fantastic meals there, had some okay meals there. so... worth is a question for you to answer.

MDR - escargot (because we never cook this at home) Beef Wellington(the same reason) We laugh at the many many names that Celebrity has for "white fish", but is usually pretty good.

Was on Century in July.. By far our best Celebrity cruise yet.

1. We never had a bad meal. We aren't overly adventurous eaters, so YMMV.

2. Yes. Movies were pretty current at time.

3. Yes

4. We enjoyed most of them. By the end of the cruise we felt the whole 60s theme was getting a little tired.

5. Yes. We had no issues.

6. There is only one, Murano. Was worth every penny. We had lunch and dinner. Best risotto we ever had was there.

1) Favorite Food dishes in the main dining room?

2) Is there a movie theater on board? what are some of the current movies?

3) I remember Celebrity always having a pasta and pizza bar... is that still available

4) How are the Production shows? we must have seen the Piano Man 8 times on Princess!

5) is the no smoking policy adhered to by PAX?

6) Are the premium restaurants worth the extra $$$$

Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated!

thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Was on the Century last winter.

food in MDR was fine. Loved their cold fruit soups, stuffed mushrooms appetizers, service was outstanding.

Pizza and anything at the pool grill is great.

Murano's is well worth the price. Loved the lobster bisque soup and the sea scallops were perfect.

Never went to the movies.

the productions shows were nice, loved the comedian.

Archived