How do you decide?

momof3terriers

Once, I was undecided on dessert...I told the waiter to surprise me....so he brought one of everything! If you don't like something, order something else. Or, order order 2 different things......it's up to you! You don't have to make either/or choices!

One of the time-honored techniques is to share entrees and/or desserts with your DH/DW/SO. If you find you REALLY like something, you might order a second entree or dessert. Several times, DW and I got a selection of dessert offerings instead of a huge serving of something individually. We enjoyed lingering over the plate of sweet things with our coffee as a wrap-up to the meal--it felt deliciously decadent.;)

My husband and I will often split our meals so we can each try something we have interest in without over eating or wasting food. More often than not we split dessert between us. Too many garbage calories otherwise--unless I want a bowl of berries which he doesn't care for.

We actually order multiples of everything - appetizers, entrees, and desserts when they sound good. My brother even ordered 3 entrees one night - it's completely fine. And if you don't like something, you can order something else to replace it.

We posted our pictures from the Voyager here:

http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=voyager_of_the_seas

My favorites are the garlic soup and the scallop risotto - I hope you have a great trip!

as I eat only white chicken or turkey and don't like anything from the sea. I eat LOTS of salad and/or steamed veggies as I really like vegetables. I don't care for the majority of the desserts or breads so I eat essentially the same thing every day and that suits me fine. I never gain an ounce and sometimes come home a pound or two lighter.

My husband is adventuresome and will try anything.

One bit of advice I've given to people trying new things is "always give it a second bite/sip/try." This is to allow for the shock to your senses that a previously untried food/drink/activity might provide. It will also allow for extraneous conditions not directly related to the food/drink/etc.--mood, atmosphere, bad attitudes, maybe even a bad batch. If after the 2nd effort you can honestly say the new experience is not for you, then you've given it a fair shake and can honestly enumerate the plusses and minuses that make or break the experience in your opinion. Also, peoples' tastes change over time, which is why kids may prefer cotton candy over an adult's choice of 91% cacao chocolate.

• 4 weeks later...

I like to try things that I don't cook at home for one reason or another. For instance, I love duck. It's a messy nuisance to cook, so I never miss a chance to eat duck that somebody else has splattered up their oven cooking.

Archived