Upgrade from GS to Owner's Suite on the Sensation?

Admin

Hi there. We're sailing on the Sensation next month in a Grand Suite. I just got an upsell call to the Owner's Suite for about $1,400 total. I've never sailed on Carnival and don't have any experience with them to know if this is a worthwhile upgrade. Any comments? Thanks!

We stayed in the owners. Suite on the Ecstasy lat month. While it was nice, I have to say its not worth the money.
Thanks for the feedback. I'm really on the fence about this. I'm sure they called me because we're in a GS. They're probably calling all GS people to see who would take it. But it's a 4 day cruise and it doesn't seem worth $350 a day to just get more space when the GS is already a pretty big space.

Just looking...there are still 8 GS's left for our sailing. They're trying to fill these rooms. Maybe if they offered it for a lower price, I'd be more likely to jump on it.

I have not sailed in one...Never even seen the inside of one, just pictures. But the one comment I do see is that there isn't a balcony, just tons of space inside. If you prefer using your balcony to using the public decks it might not be worth it to you. EM

I have not sailed in one...Never even seen the inside of one, just pictures. But the one comment I do see is that there isn't a balcony, just tons of space inside. If you prefer using your balcony to using the public decks it might not be worth it to you. EM
Hi. I found this youtube video and there is a balcony but it seems like it would be loud during the day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG4Gl84bIOQ

That's $1,400 on top of what you've already paid? I'm not sure I'd take it unless it was a special occasion. The room is large, but the balcony doesn't look all that appealing.
Yes, an additional $1,400. It's just me and my two boys, age 7 and 5 and it is the 7 year olds birthday the next week but nothing else special about it. The kids had a break from school, I had vacation, my husband didn't want to go. As it is I feel like we're spending a lot just for four days already. I guess I already know my answer but I was hoping I would be talked into it because it's so spectacular, etc.

Yes, an additional $1,400. It's just me and my two boys, age 7 and 5 and it is the 7 year olds birthday the next week but nothing else special about it. The kids had a break from school, I had vacation, my husband didn't want to go. As it is I feel like we're spending a lot just for four days already. I guess I already know my answer but I was hoping I would be talked into it because it's so spectacular, etc.

If you enjoy the room(s) it is spectacular. We have stayed in one on the Ecstasy and it was huge. Walk in area (dining area, which we never used) sunken living room, large bedroom (both the living room and bedroom have floor to ceiling privacy glass that look out on the main pool area). Extremely large bath, walk in closet and show and super large Jacuzzi tub. The only drawback for us was there is a sun deck above you and they laid out chairs early.....

They tried to upsell us from an inside guarantee last Jan for $1600. We thought about it but declined. That would be another cruise. Someone took it though. But, the windows face the pool area and the balconies are small. If Carnival had some better suite amenities it might be more appealing. We did end up moving to a JS (I think that's what it was called) and were very disappointed. The balcony was very narrow and the room wasn't any bigger than a balcony. We still had a blast on the cruise but should have just stayed in the inside guarantee. Have a great time!

We took the upsell to the Owner's Suite when we had a 7-day cruise on Fantasy. For us, it was great - we booked one of the junior suites originally, so we had a much nicer balcony. We did use the dining area - for the first time in our cruises, we ordered room service. Loved the Jacuzzi tub.

Thanks for all the feedback. We decided to decline the offer. As someone said, if the benefits, other than the room itself, were better...maybe. But we have a GS booked now so we get priority embarkation and that's about the only real benefit. Also, the balcony would be loud. And yes, we could book another cruise for that price.

There are still 9 GS's left for our sailing in just 3 weeks and they must be scrambling to upsell existing reservations so they can deeply discount lower category rooms. There must be deals to be had. ;)

Thanks again for the feedback.

Based on only the pictures and descriptions that I have seen, I would be very hesitant to plunk down an additional $1400. To me it just does not seem like a good return on investment. I don't see it as being that large of a step up from the GS that you have now. Certainly not enough to justify 1400 bucks. Maybe it's me and I'm just being cheap by looking to maximize my hard-earned money, but I just don't see that as being a value. Even if funds were unlimited, I probably wouldn't do it on that particular ship at that particular price.

Now if it were Oasis, or Allure, or something on Cunard, that's entirely a different story.

I'm sure they called me because we're in a GS. They're probably calling all GS people to see who would take it.

We received an upsell call to the Owner's suite when we sailed on the Fascination, but we were booked on a lowly 6A stateroom at the time, so I guess they'll call whoever.

Like you, we also declined. The main reason to take that cruise was because it was so cheap, so paying more would've completely defeated that reason. If I wanted to spend an extra $1,400 I would've been on a completely different ship (or cruise line).

Based on only the pictures and descriptions that I have seen, I would be very hesitant to plunk down an additional $1400. To me it just does not seem like a good return on investment. I don't see it as being that large of a step up from the GS that you have now. Certainly not enough to justify 1400 bucks. Maybe it's me and I'm just being cheap by looking to maximize my hard-earned money, but I just don't see that as being a value. Even if funds were unlimited, I probably wouldn't do it on that particular ship at that particular price.

Now if it were Oasis, or Allure, or something on Cunard, that's entirely a different story.

Let's see , if it was the Oasis, it would be 1400 X 4 and the starting point would have been tripled. Close to that for Cunard.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app on my iPad

We received an upsell call to the Owner's suite when we sailed on the Fascination, but we were booked on a lowly 6A stateroom at the time, so I guess they'll call whoever.

Like you, we also declined. The main reason to take that cruise was because it was so cheap, so paying more would've completely defeated that reason. If I wanted to spend an extra $1,400 I would've been on a completely different ship (or cruise line).

Wish they had these on other classes of ships. Captains suite is close, but not the same.

Let's see , if it was the Oasis, it would be 1400 X 4 and the starting point would have been tripled. Close to that for Cunard.

Meaning that if I were to do an upgrade of that type, I would more likely do it on a higher-end ship. Obviously a larger investment would have already been made to perhaps justify the price. Or, the motivation could simply be to sail in an upper echelon suite on a legendary ship rather than a regular ship.

Sorry if I wasn't clear on that last part.

Meaning that if I were to do an upgrade of that type, I would more likely do it on a higher-end ship. Obviously a larger investment would have already been made to perhaps justify the price. Or, the motivation could simply be to sail in an upper echelon suite on a legendary ship rather than a regular ship.

I agree. I could go all in for a Sky Loft or Crown Loft, those look amazing and the ship as a whole is great. Not sure I'd go deep for the older Carnival ships.

I agree. I could go all in for a Sky Loft or Crown Loft, those look amazing and the ship as a whole is great. Not sure I'd go deep for the older Carnival ships.

It's all relative, I agree

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

I get it and understand.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app from my IPhone

You're so right! You're not cheap at all. We booked the Sensation because it was the only 4 day I could get out of Port Canaveral before the three day we're doing on the Disney Dream. We're going all the way to Florida for the 3 day on Disney...why not add the 4 day on Carnival to get a week of cruising? Even the GS was a good price and with two kids, I'll be happy to have the space. The upsell would have had to have been no more than $100 a day for me to consider.

Archived