Flights Sydney -Rome

chester32

Forgot to say any info on best time for best price on flights from anyone would be much appreciated :D

I would suggest about 10 months before you go, then all the airlines will have their flights out with 'earlybird specials.' Don't forget to pick your seats at the same time, helps on the long haul flights.

I always thought that Emirates would have been the better airline, dont know why, maybe because they are more expensive. In your opinon when would be the best time to look at flights for a May 2013 Med. cruise, oh havnt booked cruise either but looking at May :) At the moment when i look for then they are over $5000 for 2 of us:eek:

The only reason I won't fly with Emirates is that they use Boeing 777's for intermediate length flights -- and they have installed 10 seats across the aircraft in economy class, where most other airlines only have 9 seats across. This makes the seating very squeeeezy!! I have been told that lately other airlines have followed them in this -- so it is now probably more the 777's that I have an aversion to.

Did you mean May 2014??? Obviously there is no need even to look until you actually intend to book the cruise -- once you have booked the cruise, you NEED to ensure that you can get to the cruise departure point so airfares decrease in importance in line with that need :). So - to be able to answer your question more completely - when would you intend to book the cruise??

I have to also say that, as I have aged over the past 20 years or so, my desire for the cheapest airfares has gradually been overcome by my desire for the most comfortable flight -- the shortest length of journey at the most respectable hours.

Barry

The only reason I won't fly with Emirates is that they use Boeing 777's for intermediate length flights -- and they have installed 10 seats across the aircraft in economy class, where most other airlines only have 9 seats across. This makes the seating very squeeeezy!! I have been told that lately other airlines have followed them in this -- so it is now probably more the 777's that I have an aversion to.

Did you mean May 2014??? Obviously there is no need even to look until you actually intend to book the cruise -- once you have booked the cruise, you NEED to ensure that you can get to the cruise departure point so airfares decrease in importance in line with that need :). So - to be able to answer your question more completely - when would you intend to book the cruise??

I have to also say that, as I have aged over the past 20 years or so, my desire for the cheapest airfares has gradually been overcome by my desire for the most comfortable flight -- the shortest length of journey at the most respectable hours.

Barry

Thanks Barry, yes i did mean 2014. The only reason i looked at emirates is they seem to be the least amount of hrs to get there. And direct from Brisbane. So not after the cheapest flights as it takes way to long, like 56hrs:eek:with China Southen. I want flights to drop in price to book the cruise :D

When choosing flights it also depends on whether you belong to a FF alliance like OneWorld as most times people will tend to book affiliated carriers to get points/status credits or if they have lounge access. A couple of One World ones we have used and enjoyed are Finnair, JAL. IMO BA has gone right off but it is a lot cheaper than QF. JAL had a stopover (included) at Narita as the flights did not align. One way to break the trip.

Thanks Barry, yes i did mean 2014. The only reason i looked at emirates is they seem to be the least amount of hrs to get there. And direct from Brisbane. So not after the cheapest flights as it takes way to long, like 56hrs:eek:with China Southen. I want flights to drop in price to book the cruise :D

So it's actually to fly in May 2014?

If so looking around now until November will likely be the best fares for those flights.

Barry

Barry some of the airlines who have Boeing 777-300 aircraft, have a dedicated premium economy section. Air NZ does, we are trying out that class in their 'space seat' from LA to Heathrow post cruise next year. We are also trying out Qantas Premium Economy on the A380 from Heathrow to Sydney on the way home.

Archived