2015 itineraries -- I am finding it a bit odd

pacheco18

I do not see the problem

The advance brochure seemed to be for TA's to pass onto their clients & past guests of O to get first crack at them

You see the Itineraries ...if you like them book it first thing on opening day, full itineraries are on the website now

You can book tomorrow and if you do not like what you see for the port times then cancel later in the day

I believe you have 7 days to make the deposit (could be wrong ) in any case

the only thing you lose is the time spent deciding on what cruise to book

JMO

Lyn

Not on the website here.

I am informed that 2015 full itineraries will be on the Oceania website at 8:30am eastern

That's 9 minutes from now LOL

Looks like their website is down... I'm getting an error 500 message. Could there be that much demand that it crashed their servers? It would have to be a LOT of traffic to do that! Or more likely someone in their web group botched something in the updating process..... I have supported large scale web farms for 15+ years and this has happened to us from time to time. Glad I'm not on call for them. :o

---EDIT: It just came back up for me. Hope they don't have a bad server in the mix.

Looks like their website is down... I'm getting an error 500 message. Could there be that much demand that it crashed their servers? It would have to be a LOT of traffic to do that! Or more likely someone in their web group botched something in the updating process..... I have supported large scale web farms for 15+ years and this has happened to us from time to time. Glad I'm not on call for them. :o

---EDIT: It just came back up for me. Hope they don't have a bad server in the mix.

It was down so they could upload the itineraries BUT there is nothing there other than what we already have -- the e brochure.

MY fabulous TA sent me the details for my cruise from the TA only website. YOur TA should have full cruise info with port times.

Well they were on at 10:15pm when I checked out a few ;)

Same website I am sure

Not only are they not up . . .

The brochure they uploaded does not download

I imagine they are in the process of fixing

Your TA should have everything (mine does) from the TA access-only website.

I am booked -- My TA is just waiting to tell me price without air, amount of my on board booking credit and the amenities he is going to be able to give me.

I am shocked by how small the ever shrinking airfare credit is

Capetown to Singapore

1400 pp

The cheapest coach fare I could find is almost 2000 (with many stops - ugh) and the decent flights are around 3000 pp.

Fortunately I still have some miles . . .

I made a mistake not keeping track of cruise critic when I should have, as I was booking a last minute Oceania trip from LA to Miami. While I was on the phone with the Oceania agent to ask her a question since my TA was out of town, she told me the new schedule was coming out for fall, so she sent it to me by email. I saw a trip (Cape Town to Singapore) that looked great, so I emailed my agent to book me on wend since I didn't think it was like buying Rolling Stones tickets exactly.

To my shock, my agent called me back at 930 am to tell me I was wait listed in all suite categories for this Jan 15 trip? WoW I said, they got quite a system going. In any case, Seabourn has the same routing, cost more, but such is the price of not having speed dial to book a cruise 15 months out.

Now I know I have to use the panic speed dial routine even with booking cruises, was hoping cruise life would be easier than that.

In any case, I won't suffer on Seabourn, but Oceania should have a better system than 830 am for those who can get the line or knows someone on the inside.

I made a mistake not keeping track of cruise critic when I should have, as I was booking a last minute Oceania trip from LA to Miami. While I was on the phone with the Oceania agent to ask her a question since my TA was out of town, she told me the new schedule was coming out for fall, so she sent it to me by email. I saw a trip (Cape Town to Singapore) that looked great, so I emailed my agent to book me on wend since I didn't think it was like buying Rolling Stones tickets exactly.

To my shock, my agent called me back at 930 am to tell me I was wait listed in all suite categories for this Jan 15 trip? WoW I said, they got quite a system going. In any case, Seabourn has the same routing, cost more, but such is the price of not having speed dial to book a cruise 15 months out.

Now I know I have to use the panic speed dial routine even with booking cruises, was hoping cruise life would be easier than that.

In any case, I won't suffer on Seabourn, but Oceania should have a better system than 830 am for those who can get the line or knows someone on the inside.

I am on that cruise -- probably first to book LOL We started a roll call BEFORE the itineraries came out and we already have private shore excursions organized. That is Oceania's most popular itinerary. Sells out very fast every year.

Moat of us told our TAs to book before bookings opened so that they could be on the line with Oceania at the first opportunity on booking day.

It was just a coincidence that I was asking when the fall schedule was coming out, so she told me it happened to be this week. I was just surprised that considering everyone is on different time when booking that at 831 all suites were gone. I'm going to have to go on Ebay to see if they are auctioning off the spots?

It was just a coincidence that I was asking when the fall schedule was coming out, so she told me it happened to be this week. I was just surprised that considering everyone is on different time when booking that at 831 all suites were gone. I'm going to have to go on Ebay to see if they are auctioning off the spots?

LOL

Folks will cancel -- inevitable -- opening up spots

Spoke to my TA. She does not see itineraries until tomorrow. Interested in April 15, 2015 nautica. Bangkok to istanbul. Anyone know anything about this one?

I was able to grab an inside and make it a back to back to 46 days Bangkok to Lisbon and got a huge air credit in the process. Like flying out of Lisbon way better than Istanbul... This cruise is costing me about the same that a 33 day earlier in the year cost... and that's with 13 more days !!!.....read deal of the century. God Bless my air miles...:cool:

All cabins available as of sept 24 Booked both the April15 departure and ending May 30/31 in Spain... what a trip

Leaning right now toward the Bangkok to Istanbul -- since it has Burma with a 2 night overnight plus we love India.

Paul I just booked the April15 Bangkok to Istanbul but found I could make a back to back continuing on to Lisbon !!! They gave me over $4000 in air credits ( God Bless miles) which paid for the 11 day extention to a whole lot of non frequent med ports...many with caves which I love. 46 days 18 sea days hot dam:cool:

Ya ought to book we can share mileage strategies.... Dan

Paul I just booked the April15 Bangkok to Istanbul but found I could make a back to back continuing on to Lisbon !!! They gave me over $4000 in air credits ( God Bless miles) which paid for the 11 day extention to a whole lot of non frequent med ports...many with caves which I love. 46 days 18 sea days hot dam:cool:

Ya ought to book we can share mileage strategies.... Dan

Did book :) Lots of sea days too.

And yes need to save my FF down to around 350K...

Already thinking on how I will get to BKK and home from IST.

Both ways FF miles or Cheap Premium Economy on Cathay to BKK or combination with my Marriott and Amex points. Trick is going to be getting to BKK on a saver. IST to home should be a non issue with lots of choices. (we did that this year)

Still 10 months till we can book flights.

I was able to grab an inside and make it a back to back to 46 days Bangkok to Lisbon and got a huge air credit in the process.

Dan,

In reference to your prior posting about India (or lack of interest in India) - are you just going to stay onboard for those ports? :D

Dan,

In reference to your prior posting about India (or lack of interest in India) - are you just going to stay onboard for those ports? :D

Yup... and have the ship to my self....with no regrets.:D

I don't think from my perspective I can handle india. Yea outstanding curtural but offset by horrible human tragedy . My choice. This trip is for pleasure not to wallow in a morass of pain.

Did book :) Lots of sea days too.

And yes need to save my FF down to around 350K...

Already thinking on how I will get to BKK and home from IST.

Both ways FF miles or Cheap Premium Economy on Cathay to BKK or combination with my Marriott and Amex points. Trick is going to be getting to BKK on a saver. IST to home should be a non issue with lots of choices. (we did that this year)

Still 10 months till we can book flights.

I can get to BKK for about 37K and back from Lisbon for 50 o 80K all in business or first with UAL/star. I will be down to 625K.....( sleepless nights )

Going to Laos/Vietnam for a cave exploring expedition on October for 3 weeks in 15. This will be a warm up.

I am sure he will love the smell of burning garbage in the street :) (We love India too...)

By far the most colorful but also the most difficult country we have ever visited (on a land trip as well as in many ports on a couple of cruises).

Not a place for everyone, IMO

I can get to BKK for about 37K and back from Lisbon for 50 o 80K all in business or first with UAL/star. I will be down to 625K.....( sleepless nights )

Going to Laos/Vietnam for a cave exploring expedition on October for 3 weeks in 15. This will be a warm up.

At least we will not be competing for saver flights. Is the 37k from Hawaii. We did ISTANBUL to MCO for 62k in First on UA. UA is stingy with savers to Asia.

Archived