Carnival STILL calling Sunshine a "NEW SHIP"

DarthGrady

Which ship can be called new

The 1 year old one or the 17 year old one. hmmm not a difficult question to me.

That's because you're a darn near genius. You understand these things.

The rest of us numbskulls need someone like you to protect us from our ignorance. You need to protect me, from me, inspite of myself.

Thank you for all you do.

No, but try finding them. Certain people sabataged the ship. Certain people sabatage the post. Then you can't find either. Not even using that search button.

Post or threads don't have to be sabotaged to be taken care. The discussion can get heated, and then the next you you know it goes like the wind never to be seen again.

So, this is kind of like the New Carnival Sunshine, but a New Thread. Well kind of, I think?

I don't see what difference this makes. If I wanted to sail her or any other ship, it wouldn't matter to me if she was brand new or newly refurbished. When I buy a used car, it's new TO ME. And anyone sailing the Sunshine will hear it's an old ship that's been renovated. This isn't something unique to the cruise industry. And honestly, why does it need to be laid out in a promotional flyer. On every website I've been on, including Carnival's, the description of the ship and its original launch date is stated. :rolleyes:

I don't see what difference this makes. If I wanted to sail her or any other ship, it wouldn't matter to me if she was brand new or newly refurbished. When I buy a used car, it's new TO ME. And anyone sailing the Sunshine will hear it's an old ship that's been renovated. This isn't something unique to the cruise industry. And honestly, why does it need to be laid out in a promotional flyer. On every website I've been on, including Carnival's, the description of the ship and its original launch date is stated. :rolleyes:

So, it wouldn't bother you if the dealer put "NEW" in the windshield. Got it.

I agree with the OP. It is very misleading. Example...I had a friend who was really excited because she was going to book on Carnival's "NEW" ship, the Sunshine. Well, needless to say she was very disappointed and confused when I explained it was a 17 year old ship. She kept saying over and over...well Carnival says it is a new ship.

The bottom line is...it is false advertisement anyway you look at it. Someone who is new to cruising would think it is a new ship when reading Carnival's website therefore they are being mislead.

Did it make you feel better to ruin her excitement? Who cares how old the hull of the ship is if the insides are fully renovated?

So, it wouldn't bother you if the dealer put "NEW" in the windshield. Got it.

This analogy doesn't work - when you buy a car, you are concerned with the age and wear of the engine and the exterior body.

For most people, that is not their top concern when booking a cruise.

This analogy doesn't work - when you buy a car, you are concerned with the age and wear of the engine and the exterior body.

For most people, that is not their top concern when booking a cruise.

It is on the Destiny. It was constantly breaking down. It's already broken down once under the new name, but they were SO quick to state how short a time it was.

The age only bothers me if someone says it's new, when it's not.

This is a re-hab of a previous discussion. This is not a new subject.

Sure, it is based off of a recent experience with evidence of Carnival referring to the Sunshine as the New Carnival Sunshine. But, what is Carnival referring to as New? It is a New Name, New design of the Destiny Class ship. Oops, its now a new class called the Sunshine. When I sail on her in April, I am looking for New experiences on this ship because of all the New things that were added since I sailed the Destiny. So, it will be New to me.

My guess is that the New name is assigned to the Carnival Sunshine because it is the newest name to the fleet and their Newest Class - Carnival Sunshine.

In this particular case they very clearly called it a "new ship". Not a new name or design. It's very obviously false advertising and I felt that they should be called out on it (again). I dislike corporate greed and dishonesty, and revel in the opportunity to point it out when and where I can. I recently lambasted a local car dealer online for the same sort of stuff. I guess you could say I'm a wanna-be Ralph Nader.

Those who are comfortable with the lie can simply disregard this thread. I just wanted to inform those who may have been otherwise duped. Many new cruisers come to CC for information, this would be good stuff to know.

It is on the Destiny. It was constantly breaking down. It's already broken down once under the new name, but they were SO quick to state how short a time it was.

The age only bothers me if someone says it's new, when it's not.

I would rather break down on a new ship than an old ship.....:confused::eek:

I dislike corporate greed and dishonesty, and revel in the opportunity to point it out when and where I can. I recently lambasted a local car dealer online for the same sort of stuff. I guess you could say I'm a wanna-be Ralph Nader.

Those who are comfortable with the lie can simply disregard this thread. I just wanted to inform those who may have been otherwise duped. Many new cruisers come to CC for information, this would be good stuff to know.

OK Ralph. Not quite sure where corporate greed comes in here....

I guess the differnece is in a car you are buying the car. This is what someone calls the ship. Let's all move on, it has been rehashed a million times.

It wasn't my analogy.

And to me, the "NEW", is back. When this first came up and exposed, they changed it to "Coming soon!". Now that they put "new" back, people need to be informed. Best place to do that is on a cruise message board.

Did it make you feel better to ruin her excitement? Who cares how old the hull of the ship is if the insides are fully renovated?

Wow...seriously? All I did was tell her the truth...unlike Carnival. Should I have let her book it and then find out later that it is not a new ship?

By the way...all of the insides are not fully renovated and the "new" ship has had a lot of same problems the old ship had.

I would rather break down on a new ship than an old ship.....:confused::eek:

Actually, being the redundancy systems have been put in the Sunshine and the Triumph only, to date, your best bet is only on these 2 ships from the 90's.

A new ship would be dead in the water.

Wow...seriously? All I did was tell her the truth...unlike Carnival. Should I have let her book it and then find out later that it is not a new ship?

By the way...all of the insides are not fully renovated and the "new" ship has had a lot of same problems the old ship had.

This kind of reminds me of having dinner with some old cruising friends not too long ago. The wife was telling me the line and ship she was going on, and then blurted out the price. I didn't realize she thought it was good, when I blurted out "aw". It was awkward.

In the words of Hillary Clinton:

what-difference-does-it-make-meme-generator-what-difference-does-it-make-ee8d52_zps7f4cd105.jpg

Seriously though the ship is essentially new; but I still don't see why this has been brought up for the umpteenth time.

I totally agree - WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE - If you don't like it don't cruise on her. Most of the naysayers probably don't even cruise Carnival anyway.

Funny...I never heard one person complain about the Mardi Gras or Festivale ....that they were not new ships????

Both were other ships before they came to Carnival.....and they did just fine.

:rolleyes:

Actually, being the redundancy systems have been put in the Sunshine and the Triumph only, to date, your best bet is only on these 2 ships from the 90's.

A new ship would be dead in the water.

That's why I'm sticking with the Fantasy class, the Kvaerner-Masa ships don't seem to have as many issues as the ones from Fincantieri. Now I'll just go knock on some wood since I'll be on Fascination in less than a week. ;)

Funny...I never heard one person complain about the Mardi Gras or Festivale ....that they were not new ships????

Both were other ships before they came to Carnival.....and they did just fine.

:rolleyes:

Show us where they were advertised as new.

Archived