Carnival STILL calling Sunshine a "NEW SHIP"

DarthGrady

[quote name='EZ4']Even if it HAD been new, it's been sailing for months. It's not new anymore. And it IS illegal to sell a refurbished product as new. Check with the FTC. :p[/quote]

Class action. Git er goin! You can then buy us all a cruise on Silversea on be our hero. Woot!

All I gotta say is you come along way baby to get to what you have become today! My first cruise back in 1999 which hooked me on cruising and I look forward to renewing Our aquaintice In a few yers but not quite yet. Since then I have done atleast nine cruises and planning Oasis of the seas next year than breeze , I can't wait till we cruise her again within the next few yearsto pay homage to our first cruiseThe Destiny you are our destiny so hater's st hating!

All I gotta say is you come along way baby to get to what you have become today! My first cruise back in 1999 which hooked me on cruising and I look forward to renewing Our aquaintice In a few yers but not quite yet. Since then I have done atleast nine cruises and planning Oasis of the seas next year than breeze , I can't wait till we cruise her again within the next few yearsto pay homage to our first cruiseThe Destiny you are our destiny so hater's stop hating!

[quote name='fuddrules']Class action. Git er goin! You can then buy us all a cruise on Silversea on be our hero. Woot![/QUOTE]

I don't have a dog in this fight. I don't care what Carnival does, or what it tries to foist on unsuspecting new cruisers. It is what it is, though. An old ship, with a bad reputation, that got a new name and some shiny new bells. IMO they'd have done better bringing the Holiday back into the fleet. They spent 4 months scrubbing the Carnival away and it's a real Euro chic showpiece now. :p

[quote name='Tatka']They sell refurbished products as new? :rolleyes:

You are mixing product overall and particular item.

If Carnival builts another Destiny class ship it will be a New ship, even though it will belong to an old class of Carnival.[/quote]

Any change makes it new. Basic Commerce 101. Not only legal but encouraged.

Destiny Class no longer exists. If Carnival were to build another ship similar to Destiny Class, it would be a new class and brilliant. Everything old is new again. Aka retro.

Many people are stuck in a rut and actually prefer to live in the past. Even complain when change happens. Imagine that!

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']Any change makes it new. Basic Commerce 101. Not only legal but encouraged.

Destiny Class no longer exists. If Carnival were to build another ship similar to Destiny Class, it would be a new class and brilliant. Everything old is new again. Aka retro.

Many people are stuck in a rut and actually prefer to live in the past. Even complain when change happens. Imagine that![/QUOTE]

I changed the oil and got 4 new tires on my 1986 Ford.

I now have a new car.:cool:

Bill

[quote name='Sargent_Schultz']I don't know any people who purchase a used vehicle and refer to it as their old vehicle. More often than not, they refer to it as their new vehicle.[/QUOTE]

He didn't buy a used vehicle. He just made some improvements to his old one. It's still not "new". Do try to keep up.

Any change makes it new. Basic Commerce 101. Not only legal but encouraged.

Many people are stuck in a rut and actually prefer to live in the past. Even complain when change happens. Imagine that!

I am not encouraging to build another Destiny class ship (although this will be a new ship), just not to call old refurbished ship "New".

Call it - ship got renamed and this will be perfectly fine. :)

He didn't buy a used vehicle. He just made some improvements to his old one. It's still not "new". Do try to keep up.

Yep...data sheets show the ship was built in 1996 and refurbished in 2013. If you put a new motor and transmission in a 1986 Ford, it is still a 1986 Ford. Calling it otherwise is typical Carnival deception.

I agree with the OP as well. Bottom line is, it is not a new ship. That's not Carnival bashing or anything. It is just the plain truth. New cruisers may well be mislead by this. Just my opinion. :)

Agree with OP as well. I'm glad he posted this topic. Sure, we cc'ers know the deal with the Sunshine, but new cruisers might not. My DH has a co-worker who told him he was going on the "new" Carnival ship Sunshine. My DH said, "Well, I hate to break it to you, but..." His co-worker had no idea and wasn't too happy. In the end he liked the ship, though, but that's not the point.

IMO they'd have done better bringing the Holiday back into the fleet.

One of my top 2 CCL cruises was on that ship (the other was Miracle...when she was brand new...for real brand new ;) )

. Bottom line is, it is not a new ship. That's not Carnival bashing or anything. It is just the plain truth.

Yes, it absolutely is. No denying it. (unless you are dillusional, that is) :p

Yep...data sheets show the ship was built in 1996 and refurbished in 2013. If you put a new motor and transmission in a 1986 Ford, it is still a 1986 Ford. Calling it otherwise is typical Carnival deception.

It is deceptive and no one likes to be taken. If Carnival wants to use horse trading methods and promote a 17 year old nag as a filly so be it. Disreputable horse traders had to keep well ahead of the law or face the consequences.

A reputation, an image, is something extremely hard to build. The reason is because you’re building trust. Tarnish your reputation and you'll find just how hard it is to regain the public's trust.

Tomato Tomatoe

Potato Potatoe

Does it matter what they call it ?

Perhaps but it still won't matter to me.

All these analogies crack me up but I'm just playing along for humor's sake. It doesn't really matter to me one way or the other.

Nonetheless...

Tomato = Tomatoe

Potato = Potatoe

New ≠ 17 years old.

LOL

Of course it matters. It tells you about the Carnival mindset and warns you to beware of anything they tell you. We love Carnival but do not buy anything they sell but their cheap cruises. Well worth the money. We just paid $35 for an excursion that Carnival sells for $79. Is anyone still shocked by Carnival's business model based on deception? Really?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Some people spend way too much time obsessing/worrying over this. I sailed sunshine three weeks ago and it was one of the better Carnival ships I've been on.

I agree. What is the obsession with anything negative said about Carnival? Whoops! Just looked at your cruise history. :o Sorry about that. You really should do something about expanding your horizons. :D

Archived