Carnival STILL calling Sunshine a "NEW SHIP"

DarthGrady

So, it wouldn't bother you if the dealer put "NEW" in the windshield. Got it.

A car dealer can say whatever he or she wants (and they do). It's up to me to do the work to find out about the car if I want it. Sure Carnival could have said on the flyer newly redone or newly refurbished, but I don't see that it matters that it be there on the flyer itself. If you are the type of cruiser that only wants to cruise new ships, then certainly you aren't relying only a promotional flyer given out while you're already on a cruise. Very basic research online or by talking to other cruisers can easily inform someone what the spanking brand new ships are. I haven't seen any website or heard anyone say Sunshine is brand new to the fleet. It is Carnival's newest ship in a certain sense, so I don't find it misleading. But more importantly, you only need to be a viewer of this message board for about a day before you learn Sunshine is the old Destiny. Don't see the point in threads hating on the ship or reminding people that it's not new. It's not new. It's not new. It's 17 years old. OK, we got it. And those who are fine with that and want to, will sail her. If it's not for you, then you won't book her. Failing to see the need for the Sunshine police. Just my opinion.

That's because you're a darn near genius. You understand these things.

The rest of us numbskulls need someone like you to protect us from our ignorance. You need to protect me, from me, inspite of myself.

Thank you for all you do.

Wish my DW thought I was a near genius.icon7.gif. Lots of smarter people than me on here.

This kind of reminds me of having dinner with some old cruising friends not too long ago. The wife was telling me the line and ship she was going on, and then blurted out the price. I didn't realize she thought it was good, when I blurted out "aw". It was awkward.

However price isn't the only reason one picks a cruise. In April my

Mother and I did a cruise on the Allure of the Seas. It was more

Pricy than a Carnival cruise. But since it was April vacation the price

Probably reflected that anyway. I'm not loyal to any one cruise line. It

Took me 26 years to reach any kind of "level" on a cruise line. And only

Because I took a few long cruises on Carnival to do so in their new days

Cruising policy. But I got to tell you, the Allure was the most enjoyable

Ship I have ever cruised on. I just loved it. The cruise experience was

So much nicer than any Carnival cruise I have been on. I will still sail

Carnival. But I just like Allure much better, and would gladly pay more

For it.

A car dealer can say whatever he or she wants (and they do). It's up to me to do the work to find out about the car if I want it. Sure Carnival could have said on the flyer newly redone or newly refurbished, but I don't see that it matters that it be there on the flyer itself. If you are the type of cruiser that only wants to cruise new ships, then certainly you aren't relying only a promotional flyer given out while you're already on a cruise. Very basic research online or by talking to other cruisers can easily inform someone what the spanking brand new ships are. I haven't seen any website or heard anyone say Sunshine is brand new to the fleet. It is Carnival's newest ship in a certain sense, so I don't find it misleading. But more importantly, you only need to be a viewer of this message board for about a day before you learn Sunshine is the old Destiny. Don't see the point in threads hating on the ship or reminding people that it's not new. It's not new. It's not new. It's 17 years old. OK, we got it. And those who are fine with that and want to, will sail her. If it's not for you, then you won't book her. Failing to see the need for the Sunshine police. Just my opinion.

If you look at the flyer I posted, you'll see that it advertises that deal "during this cruise only". So the person who only wants to sail on the newest ship would only have the cruise lines description to go by. They are very obviously preying on the uninformed.

And the difference, for those that keep asking, is that a lie is a lie. The fact that you don't mind the lie doesn't diminish its existence. This thread is only about the continued lie regarding the ship's age, it's not a condemnation of her current condition which I'm sure is MUCH better than it used to be.

If you look at the flyer I posted, you'll see that it advertises that deal "during this cruise only". So the person who only wants to sail on the newest ship would only have the cruise lines description to go by. They are very obviously preying on the uninformed.

And the difference, for those that keep asking, is that a lie is a lie. The fact that you don't mind the lie doesn't diminish its existence. This thread is only about the continued lie regarding the ship's age, it's not a condemnation of her current condition which I'm sure is MUCH better than it used to be.

It's not that I personally mind a lie but I have sense enough to know that any entity selling things may not be 100% honest on an advertisement. If I'm interested in new ships only, then I'm going to do my research, which isn't hard or very involved, to find out what the ships are new. I did agree that the flyer could have said newly refurbished or newly redone or newly something. But Carnival can justify it by saying the Sunshine is their newest in a sense. I haven't seen continuous lies about the age of the ship. But then again, I'm not looking for it nor am I involved in anything where that would come up often. Perhaps you hear or see this far more often than me.

Because the "NEW" is back. That's what's new. Im glad the OP informed us.

Exactly. It's still not a "New" ship. If Grady had seen the paper work say "Upgraded & Refurbished" ship we would not be having this discussion. The fact is its misleading and while to many they really don't care that it's a 17 year old ship. To many others to learn of such would be very disappointed to learn its a 17 year old ship. At the end of the day it is not a "New" ship as such should not be advertised in that manner.

I am not angry with Carnival for telling the lie that the ship is new. What I am angry about is I can't believe what Carnival says in the future. Am I always to be on guard with what Carnival states may be a lie or misleading or greatly embellished? It is all about credibility....

Exactly. It's still not a "New" ship. If Grady had seen the paper work say "Upgraded & Refurbished" ship we would not be having this discussion. The fact is its misleading and while to many they really don't care that it's a 17 year old ship. To many others to learn of such would be very disappointed to learn its a 17 year old ship. At the end of the day it is not a "New" ship as such should not be advertised in that manner.

Were you confused?

Am I always to be on guard with what Carnival states may be a lie or misleading or greatly embellished?
Me thinks you are making way to much of the word "new". Isn't embellished otherwised called marketing or PR? WHo sets those standards? Where does it begin and end? Royal calls the market place in the center of some of its ships Central Park....I am mad because it is not really Central Park! How can they lie and embellish like that? Catch my point?;)

Me thinks you are making way to much of the word "new". Isn't embellished otherwised called marketing or PR? WHo sets those standards? Where does it begin and end? Royal calls the market place in the center of some of its ships Central Park....I am mad because it is not really Central Park! How can they lie and embellish like that? Catch my point?;)

I don't think they call it NY Central Park. I don't even know if that is the Central Park you are referencing.

It's dishonest and misleading and Carnival should stop doing it, my $.02.

They could just as easily drape a "renovated!" or "newly refurbished!!!" banner on the website, which would honestly highlight the new and exciting changes to the ship while not misleading about the ship's history.

Me thinks you missed the point, but continue on.....

Only of you are saying someone is calling the one in Manhattan, the New Central Park.

You make my point! If New York did refurbish Central Park, they would call it the new central park.

It's been refurbished many times over, and has never been called the new anything.

Imagine when they did get rid of the thugs, renaming it Manhattan Park just to get rid of the stigma the name Central Park used to have.

The interesting thing though......I bet the majority of the people who are complaining about the Sunshine.....and whether it is new or not have NEVER sailed on it.....we are on it right now, and it is a close to new as you can get...amazing ship!!!

After sailing for 17 years, I would think close to a million people have sailed her.

Archived