On Board Latitudes Shopping Discount -Changed?

jaja

Just was looking at Latitudes Rewards levels.....I think there is a change in wording (PS--this is for all levels)

Onboard Discounts:

10% discount at Duty Free Shop on all Norwegian Logo merchandise, good for one purchase only. On Pride of America only, 10% discount on any item excluding sale items, alcohol, tobacco and onboard entertainer products (including their CDs and DVDs). Onboard Discounts:

That is pretty petty! Those small things bother me more than some if the bigger things.

They should at least keep the 10% for Platinum..just my opinion.

I agree. It is petty. Maybe they thought they were loosing money because so many people are platinum now. It might have been better if they had just raised prices a little. Probably no one would have noticed and it would have prevented some bad PR.

And what caught my eye..when I posted..."NCL logo" merchandise --really eliminates lots of stuff....and is it one item...???-is that what "one paurchase" means..?....guess I will only buy one tee shirt..one time:o

OK--I just looked at the Latitudes list again...and NOW I see "laundry" under gold....was that there before????

Gold was NEVER laundry only Platinum. so now they should give the Platinum members back the 10% in the stores, since Gold just got an extra perk! And in re-reading the new perks it seems as if it is only logo merchandise that gets the 10% I guess I was not clear on that.

Now it s even more of a petty move! I love NCL but as a Platinum who only sails the Haven I think I deserve my stinking 10% discount :)

How cares! Your overpaying to begin with including the jewellery, clothing,souvenirs etc. Even when they run the discount first night on booze you can still get it cheaper in the ports.

Those great Bijoux Turner fake pashmina scarves which I own in 50 colors are definitely not overpriced, and you cannot buy those cheaper at any store anywhere for that quality. And some of us like the convenience of shopping onboard.

Gold was NEVER laundry only Platinum. so now they should give the Platinum members back the 10% in the stores, since Gold just got an extra perk! And in re-reading the new perks it seems as if it is only logo merchandise that gets the 10% I guess I was not clear on that.

Now it s even more of a petty move! I love NCL but as a Platinum who only sails the Haven I think I deserve my stinking 10% discount :)

It is actually not free laundry for Gold....it is just a 25% discount.......

From the Norwegian site....

Gold & Platinum Laundry

For bulk bag laundry service, which is subject to availability, Gold members receive twenty five (25%) percent off of retail price of bulk bag laundry service. The discount will be reflected on the final bill at the end of your sailing. Platinum members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost. Any additional bulk bag laundry service requested will be provided to Platinum members at twenty five (25%) percent off of the retail price of the laundry service. Any request by Gold or Platinum members for bulk bag laundry service must be made pursuant to the terms of the promotion guidelines. To resolve any billing discrepancies, guests must visit a Latitudes Rewards representative. The guest hereby confirms and understands that Norwegian shall in no way be held responsible for the occurrence of any of the following through the use of bulk bag laundry service.

Norwegian is not responsible for clothing that bleeds, shrinks or otherwise changes as a result of normal washing.

Norwegian is not responsible for lost articles of clothing unless proven Norwegian was responsible for the loss.

Norwegian is not responsible for "hand wash only" or "dry clean only" and is not responsible for checking for these labels in garments.

Norwegian is not responsible for any loss or damage to any personal or non-cleanable items left in the clothing or bags such as currency, jewelry, etc,

Norwegian refuses the right to clean any garment.

Norwegian does not guarantee the removal of all stains

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It is actually not free laundry for Gold....it is just a 25% discount.......

From the Norwegian site....

Gold & Platinum Laundry

For bulk bag laundry service, which is subject to availability, Gold members receive twenty five (25%) percent off of retail price of bulk bag laundry service. The discount will be reflected on the final bill at the end of your sailing. Platinum members receive complimentary bulk bag laundry service which provides each Platinum member with one (1) bag of bulk bag laundry service per member, at no cost. Any additional bulk bag laundry service requested will be provided to Platinum members at twenty five (25%) percent off of the retail price of the laundry service. Any request by Gold or Platinum members for bulk bag laundry service must be made pursuant to the terms of the promotion guidelines. To resolve any billing discrepancies, guests must visit a Latitudes Rewards representative. The guest hereby confirms and understands that Norwegian shall in no way be held responsible for the occurrence of any of the following through the use of bulk bag laundry service.

Norwegian is not responsible for clothing that bleeds, shrinks or otherwise changes as a result of normal washing.

Norwegian is not responsible for lost articles of clothing unless proven Norwegian was responsible for the loss.

Norwegian is not responsible for "hand wash only" or "dry clean only" and is not responsible for checking for these labels in garments.

Norwegian is not responsible for any loss or damage to any personal or non-cleanable items left in the clothing or bags such as currency, jewelry, etc,

Norwegian refuses the right to clean any garment.

Norwegian does not guarantee the removal of all stains

Kerry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Interesting since it is checked off as Complimentary on their Latitudes list of rewards..that will get argued to death. But I still want my 10% discount back just because you do not take away a perk. Not good business. Thanks for posting that

Andrea

Interesting since it is checked off as Complimentary on their Latitudes list of rewards..that will get argued to death. But I still want my 10% discount back just because you do not take away a perk. Not good business. Thanks for posting that

Andrea

Not really. The item is listed as "Laundry Service" and the item is checked for Gold and Platinum. There is no detailed description indicating that it's complimentary for either. You have to go to the full terms and conditions to get the details:

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/terms-and-conditions

I am surprised that NCL advertised this as "laundry service" for gold members when it is only a 25% discount. They should really put a * next to this and say that it is is 25% off for Gold members and complementary for platinum members. So I wonder what would happen if I send my bag of laundry as a gold member and later get a bill. Well, Sir you forgot to read the fine print.

It would stand to reason that the Gold members will receive a coupon in their packet, explaining the details. Hopefully people will actually read the coupon. :eek:

That is how it was last year for us on the Dawn when we were still Gold. I was actually surprised to see the coupon in the room for 25% off left with the other items the rep had left for us. The coupon for the laundry was about postcard size.

Limiting the 10% discount will only make us buy less on the ship. Not that it is much of a discount, but whatever we normally buy we can find at home for same or better pricing.

• 3 weeks later...
It would stand to reason that the Gold members will receive a coupon in their packet, explaining the details. Hopefully people will actually read the coupon. :eek:

Update

Yes the coupon was in our packet..just off Gem...but if I recall correctly..it was attached to something else..and easy to miss...

Archived