How Much to Tip Adventure Club Staff?

travln1234

I've never used the Adventure Club services before. I'm not sure how many people there will be. How much is standard to tip and how many people will work with my child? I'll have a 7 year old next summer on the Radiance. And I imagine we will use the kids's club often...my DD LOVES that kind of thing. Thanks.

You'll get more responses on this on the Family Board or you can check old posts on the subject. You'll see it's pretty evenly split 50/50 of people that tip or don't tip. If our child has a great time and has been quite a bit we'll give between $20 and $40 for the week. There have been times we've done little presents for special staff that made her feel special and there have been times we've done nothing if we feel they did the bare minimum (as they do get paid significantly more than the staff you would normally tip).

I guess it would depend on how much aggravation your child has caused them. Actually as all the AO staff are salaried I did not feel the need to offer them gratuities.

Same here. We did not tip when our kids used the kids' club.

We have never tipped any staff in AO either and have been using it for many years...part of the cruise perks that we paid for in our cruise fare....we have paid to used the extended hours a few times....

Dawn

Sent from my DROID4 using Forums mobile app

We usually leave $50 to $100 for 2 kids who are currently 9 & 10 years old. I think the older they get the less attention they will need so we will base the tip accordingly on future cruises.

But, as mentioned, they are salaried employees so don't feel obligated to tip.

Exactly. Just like the room stewards. They get a salary... So no need to tip.

The cabin attendants (stewards) are part of the "tipped" employess...part of your suggested tips go to the cabin attendant.

There is no need to tip the AO staff....they are not considered "tipped" employees, and they make a real salary, unlike tipped employees, who get considerably less. You can, though, if you want. There is no standard amount.

Exactly. Just like the room stewards. They get a salary... So no need to tip.

Sorry, maybe in misunderstanding you. Are you saying the room stewards are salaried employees and there's no need to tip them? That's how I read you post. If that's what you meant then you are incorrect. The room stewards are NOT salaried employees - they work for tips so you should tip the recommended amount.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We don't use the AO club now, but when we did, we generally didn't tip the staff. On one Med cruise however, when someone really did go beyond their remit to give our child a wonderful experience, we tipped 30 Euros.

As others have said, it's entirely up to you whether or not you tip.

If someone has done a special (above and beyond) job for one of mine, they are rewarded (not tipped) with either a special gift or cash or even both...it all depends. Also, it depends upon how often the child visits AO during the cruise. I have had a 10 year old visit once and never again...then had two 5 yr olds almost live there! It is ALL a personal decision. like others have pointed out, they are salaried and don't rely upon tips as others do.

Wow...I didn't even think about tipping the AO staff. For those who said they tip......do. You give a set amount per each staff? Or just a lump sum and they split it?

Just a lump sum to split. Unless there was one staff member the kids singled out as doing something extra or special for them then we would give them something specific.

Our kids use AO a lot so we don't mind leaving something extra.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived