Laundry??

Nyrina4life

Hi! We're going on a cruise next year with Royal Caribbean, and I was wondering if anyone has used their laundry / dry cleaning services??? I pulled up a mini-chart with the prices for each item, and am just wondering if anyone has used the service, and if so was it worth it??

The biggest reason I am asking is just to determine whether or not I should pack a lot of clothing, or reduce some of the load and just pay for the cleaning service. Thanks.

I bring enough clothes....I think the cleaning/laundry prices are high. I did have to use it for a shirt for hubby....messy man....and they did a nice job! Great pressing!

I wouldn't bother with undies and such...too expensive...but for a shirt or pants....go for it, if you need to.

We were just on the Legend of the Seas. In addition to the laundry service where you pay by item, they offered a small bag where you could put in as many clothes as you could fit and they washed it for $25. You could only put in certain types of clothes like underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc, but that was all we really needed to wash during our cruise. We had to ask our room steward for one of the bags. We got our clothes back in about a day.

Hi! We're going on a cruise next year with Royal Caribbean, and I was wondering if anyone has used their laundry / dry cleaning services??? I pulled up a mini-chart with the prices for each item, and am just wondering if anyone has used the service, and if so was it worth it??

The biggest reason I am asking is just to determine whether or not I should pack a lot of clothing, or reduce some of the load and just pay for the cleaning service. Thanks.

We've used the service on longer cruises and have been pleased with the results.

They usually offer a $25 special wash & fold bag you can fill with things like underwear, shorts, t-shirts, socks, etc.

We've put collared pull-over shirts (aka polo shirts) in the wash and fold bag and they were accepted. Roll up your dirty laundry and stuff the bag. It's amazing how much you can fit. Ask your room steward for the bag since it sometimes is not the bag you find in the cabin. Also ask what day(s) the wash n fold deal.is offered. Nice to go home with clean clothes.

The wash and fold special will be $20 if you use the C & A coupon. Used it last week on the Allure for all our socks, undies, tshirts, pajamas and sweaty gym clothes. While I have always been very pleased with the laundry service, last week the bag special acme back extremely wrinkled and with a funky smell. I understand that pressing is not included and that's fine, I just couldn't stand the smell.

Okay! The bag sounds like a good deal! We're going on a 12 night cruise, and will be hanging around a few days before the cruise, so this will be perfect and worth it. Thanks everyone for the quick replies. :)

Ask your stateroom attendant about the bag. They may be able to get it for you whenever you want.

Archived