Upgrade Offers

SpongeBob1996

This usually happens several weeks before sailing. You might want to advise your TA that you are interested in any offers of this kind. Also think about what you are willing to pay for which type of cabin--and check online to see what's available--no point hoping if the desirable cabins are sold out.

I have never received offers for upgrade for less than $1,000. Two weeks ago our TA called with upsell to Horizon suite for $1200 each. We took it. And yes, either your TA notifies you or you get email from Regent if you booked directly with them. We always received them but never around $500.

And you need to pay attention if you get an offer to the location of the new suite. There may be a reason it is not occupied yet--under the pool deck, aft on Voyager or Navigator with possibility of vibration, etc. If you have a great location already, you may be better off keeping it.

We received an upgrade on the Mariner when we did the 1st segment Amazon cruise.

Turns out it was right below La Veranda and across from our cabin door was where the

employees would come in and out all night long.

The door slamming all night long and moving chairs early mornings got old quickly.

Will stick to lower cabins from now on.

• 2 weeks later...

We received an upgrade offer this week. We are in a penthouse currently. The lowest upgrade price on 10 day cruise was $1500 a person. Seemed high for us so we declined. I looked today and looks like there are no wait list on any higher end room category. Wonder if guest did not take the offer. Does Regent ever come back closer to cruise or when you board for lower rate on upgrade? We are fine with our room, just wondered.

Thanks

We received an upgrade offer this week. We are in a penthouse currently. The lowest upgrade price on 10 day cruise was $1500 a person. Seemed high for us so we declined. I looked today and looks like there are no wait list on any higher end room category. Wonder if guest did not take the offer. Does Regent ever come back closer to cruise or when you board for lower rate on upgrade? We are fine with our room, just wondered.

Thanks

That is about the normal cost to upgrade to a Voyager/Mariner suite. It would be extremely unusual for the upsell to be offered again. They typically sell out quickly.

For our Oct 23rd Voyager sailing our TA was contacted the first week of September. We were in a Cat C Penthouse and moved up to the Grand Suite--hey--why not, will never have the opportunity for that again and certainly not on the Caribbean cruises that we take every year. Was it pricey? Yes! And after the cruise I'll let you know if we would do it again. We are only going to do Italy once and we may as well do it right. And it's my husband's 65th birthday while on the cruise--the party for eight should be interesting! AND the suite has a bath and a half!!

Debi

We were paid a nice sum to switch from an oversold Navigator cruise in September to a late-October Mariner sailing. Cheapest Navigator standard cabin to the most expensive Mariner standard cabin. We were just offered a range upgrades on the Mariner. Settled on the upgrade to a Mariner Suite for just $500 more than what we were paid to switch. For us, the deal of the century. That's the best upgrade deal we've ever been offeered by a long shot.

For our Oct 23rd Voyager sailing our TA was contacted the first week of September. We were in a Cat C Penthouse and moved up to the Grand Suite--hey--why not, will never have the opportunity for that again and certainly not on the Caribbean cruises that we take every year. Was it pricey? Yes! And after the cruise I'll let you know if we would do it again. We are only going to do Italy once and we may as well do it right. And it's my husband's 65th birthday while on the cruise--the party for eight should be interesting! AND the suite has a bath and a half!!

Debi

We have stayed in a Grand Suite on the Voyager -- you will LOVE it!!!!!! Congrats. on the great upsell.:)

We have stayed in a Grand Suite on the Voyager -- you will LOVE it!!!!!! Congrats. on the great upsell.:)

Hi, I posted on the roll call as well. I had said no to the first time through upsell. A little too high. Regent came back and offered lower cost upsell. Took it. My partner and I in small room might be like the Shinning and Jack Nicholson........... I am glad you liked the Grand Suite. I know nothing is perfect. I just like the extra room!

We were offered a last-minute upsell (7 days before sailing) on Voyager last January, from a cat.G to an aft Penthouse C for $299 pp out of Auckland. We would have jumped at it, but by the time we got the email, it was already snapped up. We were already enroute at the time, in Hong Kong, so didnt chreck emails for a couple of days. We were bummed to miss out. For Dubai-Cape Town next year we booked in PH-B, so wonder if we'll get any upsells from that.

We have received at different times three different options for different categories by email two to four weeks ahead of our cruise. Were able to make quick decisions. Kind of glad we didn't have a TA in the middle. I believe prices depend upon availability, cruise prices, and length of cruise.

We have received at different times three different options for different categories by email two to four weeks ahead of our cruise. Were able to make quick decisions. Kind of glad we didn't have a TA in the middle. I believe prices depend upon availability, cruise prices, and length of cruise.

Just wondering if any UK based Regent cruisers have ever been upgraded or even offered an upsell? Because we haven't! :(

Just wondering if any UK based Regent cruisers have ever been upgraded or even offered an upsell? Because we haven't! :(

Yes. I was once offered an upgrade to a Voyager Horizon suite and once an upsell to a PH, both of which I took. In those days I booked directly with Regent. Nowadays I have fallen for the discount offered by a TA and really miss the direct contact with the Regent team in Southampton. But money is money!

Yes. I was once offered an upgrade to a Voyager Horizon suite and once an upsell to a PH, both of which I took. In those days I booked directly with Regent. Nowadays I have fallen for the discount offered by a TA and really miss the direct contact with the Regent team in Southampton. But money is money!

Hmmm.........I wonder then whether it is the use of a UK TA that is significant? We have always booked through a UK TA and never had a sniff of an upgrade/upsell and it appears that you haven't since you began using one. But US TA customers obviously do.... Puzzling:(

And have also you had to pay the balance to your TA at a much earlier date than when dealing direct with Regent?

And have also you had to pay the balance to your TA at a much earlier date than when dealing direct with Regent?

Yes, I am expected to, but I usually say I have signed up to the requirements of Regent payment schedule and pay when I am ready although within the Regent deadline.

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked in a Category H - Guarantee on the Mariner for 11/10. We received an email last week offering an upgrade to Penthouse for $500 and didn't take it. We just received an e-mail this AM offering upgrade to Penthouse for $300 and decided to go for it. We were able to select our suite, but there were only a few available.

Can't wait to check it out!

hondar, I think an upgrade on the Mariner to a Penthouse is a big deal! So much bigger than the regular cabins (which are so nice), the added space is a real bonus in my eyes, having been on this ship many many times! Congrats to you for your choice, (especially from the great price on an H) you will love it!

Edited by jhp