Alcohol Confiscated - Caught !!

cruisesusie

"Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*" ....and boarding will be denied.

that should take:)

No one has ever been denied boarding because they had alcohol in their checked luggage that the ship found. I seriously doubt they ever will just for trying to bring alcohol aboard. The PR alone would be horrendous. They just take the alcohol and either return it at the end of the cruise or more often destroy it.

I don't get it. If you were not trying to sneak in alcohol to begin with you would not have to worry about them looking into your bags. The airlines do it all the time without you being there. and they just put a note in your bag that they did open it.

No.

The airlines never open your luggage.

The TSA does.

Cantwaitfornextcruise,

I really like your post. When it comes to rule of private companies or even rule of law, I think we can deal with those we disagree with in a few different ways. The first being that if you disagree with a private company's rules or restrictions, don't patronize that company. Secondly, if you really think that company should change that rule or restriction, work constructively toward getting them to do so. This may or may not work, but at least you've given it your best shot. But, to break the rule, try to find sneaky ways around the rule and complain when your plan is foiled is childish. After all, we are not talking about unjust rules that effect society, such as segregation, women's suffrage or apartheid. We are talking about alcohol. Live with the rules, work to change them or take your business elsewhere.

I really like this post :)

$57? I would look for another place. Massive over charging. In Australia we would report them to Dept of Fair Trading. Not being a smart alec here, just factual.

But the US isn't Australia and neither is Princess.

I have. I haven't cruises with RCL since they changed their rules and we're definitely doing more land trips now or booking with cruise lines that have drink packages. I get tired of people who drink water with dinner or have a bill of $50 at the end of a cruise lecturing me about "Smuggling" when my onboard bill is $1,000 > Who's really cheating Princess?

The smugglers are cheating Princess. Now if it becomes a case of Princess charging for tap water on board and people start smuggling that, then the water drinkers will be cheating Princess.

Just returned from the CB. We put a few water bottles in our checked baggage with Bacardi white in it. Just in case that got confiscated - we also pre-ordered through guest services a bottle of Bacardi to be delivered to our room. Our bags came unopened - and nothing confiscated. I also had written right on the bottle with a piece of tape on it " Rum ".

Kinda surprised the bottle ordered through guest services wasn't returned when the smuggled rum wasn't confiscated :rolleyes:

Edited by bdjam

Have sailed on Princess out of Ft Lauderdale a number of times, the last time about 2 years ago. Have always managed to get a small amount of liguor on board in our carry ons. In fact no one really checked very closely. Have they started checking more closely.

The smugglers are cheating Princess.

Now if it becomes a case of Princess charging for tap water on board and people start smuggling that, then the water drinkers will be cheating Princess.

bernard-schoenbaum-large-tanker-truck-with-white-wine-lettered-on-side-pumps-wine-into-re-cartoon.jpg

It was just an idea.... but I guess Princess would not go for it. :p

Shipshape,

Thanks for your comment. Still quite haven't figured out how water/tea drinkers are cheating Princess, according to an earlier post. Perhaps there is a minimum daily alcohol consumption requirement that I'm not aware of :) ?

The smugglers are cheating Princess.

Now if it becomes a case of Princess charging for tap water on board and people start smuggling that, then the water drinkers will be cheating Princess.

bernard-schoenbaum-large-tanker-truck-with-white-wine-lettered-on-side-pumps-wine-into-re-cartoon.jpg

It was just an idea.... but I guess Princess would not go for it. :p

Nice comic. I think all cruise lines are looking for savings and efficiencies. Charging for the tap water though, I think someone is having a go.:eek:

Shipshape,

Thanks for your comment. Still quite haven't figured out how water/tea drinkers are cheating Princess, according to an earlier post. Perhaps there is a minimum daily alcohol consumption requirement that I'm not aware of :) ?

Actually, there is. I saw a show about cruise ships on TV a while ago and they figured out how many drinks per person need to be sold for them to break even on each sailing. :)

Shipshape,

I promise to consume my allocated quantity of beverage be it alcoholic or non alcoholic on my Nov 10 sailing and being a kind caring person will assist others who can't manage theirs

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Forums mobile app

I think not! The Legal definition of Nominal: Trifling, token, or slight; not real or substantial. Fifteen dollars to drink a bottle of wine that I have paid for, in my cabin is not a "Nominal fee". If it was nominal people would not be wasting their time trying to avoid it.

Once again, they have the right to alter their policies at any time. Their official policy is: "

As provided in the Passage Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*"

There is no mention of "nominal".

I am absolutely positive Princess, and probably other lines, read these CC posts. For quite some time there have been some among us who've bragged about how they beat the system. Now they reap what they've sown.

Have sailed on Princess out of Ft Lauderdale a number of times, the last time about 2 years ago. Have always managed to get a small amount of liguor on board in our carry ons. In fact no one really checked very closely. Have they started checking more closely.

You realize that Princess reads these posts. Thanks for announcing your success.

Once again, they have the right to alter their policies at any time. Their official policy is: "

As provided in the Passage Contract, passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*"

There is no mention of "nominal".

I am absolutely positive Princess, and probably other lines, read these CC posts. For quite some time there have been some among us who've bragged about how they beat the system. Now they reap what they've sown.

Take your own advice and read all of post #360 which did NOT refer to the Policy of Princess. It referred to comments made in a previous post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyVWine viewpost.gif

1 free per voyage per passenger of drinking age. After that, you can still bring more. You just have to pay the nominal fee.

You realize that Princess reads these posts. Thanks for announcing your success.

I'm pleased that they do.

Perhaps one day they'll realise that ripping off their passengers is NOT a good corporate policy.

The OP didn't say how they smuggled just that they did. Thousands have been successful and many CC members have been successful as well. I bet all cruise lines scour the internet looking for the latest smuggling secrets on utube. Problem is, no cruise line has the manpower to hire people just to bust someone for a $20 bottle of booze.

I promise to consume my allocated quantity of beverage be it alcoholic or non alcoholic on my Nov 10 sailing and being a kind caring person will assist others who can't manage theirs

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Forums mobile app

That's the spirit! I'm with you on that.

Having recently completed a couple princess cruises, we met a number of people put off by the "new" policy. Based on what we've seen with other cruise lines, it didn't seem too unusual for us.

However, we just booked our next cruise and specifically choose one with an "all-you-can-drink" package as an incentive. Just seemed like a natural way to avoid all this hassle.

By the way, Army of Darkness was on cable last night. . .

They are free to read all they want. I don't think there has been a new method discussed in a very long time. Even if they find out the name, ship and sail date, they still have to sort through literally thousands of luggage to find that one or two. Talk about looking for a needle in a hay stack.

They are free to read all they want. I don't think there has been a new method discussed in a very long time. Even if they find out the name, ship and sail date, they still have to sort through literally thousands of luggage to find that one or two. Talk about looking for a needle in a hay stack.

You only need a large magnet swung over the hay and the needle flies out!!! Similar to a scanner I think. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The following is printed on the boarding pass:

Thank you for observing our carry-on alcohol policy. As a reminder,

adult passengers are permitted to bring one 750 ml bottle of wine or

champagne onboard per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage

fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne

bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective

of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are

not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and

alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded."

The OP didn't say how they smuggled just that they did. Thousands have been successful and many CC members have been successful as well. I bet all cruise lines scour the internet looking for the latest smuggling secrets on utube. Problem is, no cruise line has the manpower to hire people just to bust someone for a $20 bottle of booze.

You do realize that is the problem...a $20 bottle of booze. If Princess and other lines would increase the quality of their liquor then maybe people would be less apt to smuggle. Personally, I can't take too much cheap booze.