Trivia Times?

GreySkies

Is there a set time for trivia on all of the Princess ships? If so, when is it? I'm trying to figure out when to have the meet and greet.

If each ship is different, can someone let me know when Sapphire does trivia?

Thanks,

Is there a set time for trivia on all of the Princess ships? If so, when is it? I'm trying to figure out when to have the meet and greet.

Thanks,

Usually once in the morning and once at night. Varies on port days .

Thanks,

It depends on the Cruise Director who sets the entertainment schedule. :)

Thanks,

It will depend on the CD and the itinerary. I was on a B2B on Sapphire in June to Alaska. On most days there was a morning trivia (anywhere from 9:15 to :11:30) an afternoon trivia (anywhere from about 2pm to 4:30) and an evening trivia. Usually the morning and afternoon were standard trivia while the evening one would more be more likely to be some form of multi-media.

And btw, my team cleaned up

ImageUploadedByForums1380150987.909709.jpg.0b0cd5ec2a739bf842c3346fdec29943.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

ImageUploadedByForums1380150966.378554.jpg.7cebc34d68056d8772ab0c4ae39c7c1c.jpg

Multi-media?

That's a fancy way to say they're using a PowerPoint and a screen to show the questions visually... But usually the evening trivia has some kind of theme - music (50's, 60's, country...), movies, sports, geography etc...

Unfortunately, you won't know in advance what time the morning or afternoon trivia takes place, as it varies every day. A good time for M&G is probably 2:00 PM, unless it's a voyage with lots of sea days in a row, and then they might squeeze in a special trivia in early afternoon. The regular afternoon trivia is often at 4:15 or 4:30.

You sound like me... Cannot miss even one trivia...

We mostly go on longer cruises. On cruises that we have been on over the past four or five years the CC person in charge of the M&G has scheduled the meeting for 11AM on the first sea day. This almost always conflicts with morning trivia which is usually around that time. Our experience with trivia is if you want a comfortable team (win or lose) experience throughout the cruise you should show up on the first day to establish a team. If you miss the first day it is more difficult to join up later. You will always see some passengers searching around for a group after the first day. We normally skip the M&G's for this reason. However, some use the M&G to form their teams.

Sorry to hear that it has become so cut-throat. Who knew that people would clamor for luggage tags, bags and hats?

Luggage tags, bags, and hats? Trust me. For the last few years the prizes haven't been that extravagant. I did win a number of pens that must have been worth at least $0.99!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

On my recent cruise, we saw whole teams with their cell phones googling the trivia answers.

Bunch of party poopers...of course they won almost every time. I guess they really needed a lanyard or pen so badly they had to cheat. Some of the prizes were bottles of bubbly but most times were little souvenirs, there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to which games had "big" prizes.

My team did ok most times, very badly once, and won twice. Once was a tie...no tiebreaker question because the host, after saying we placed 2nd, realized one of our answers was missed after the prize had already been awarded, so quietly found a 2nd bottle of bubbly for us.

Most of the teams played just for the fun and entertainment of it, but the real competitive teams almost ruined it.

Archived