Mattress on Balcony?

nekicheese

Not cool at all....in the early hours, they wash the ship....you'll get wet! Not to mention the damp, salt air....it will ruin the mattress! And, unless you have an aft balcony, there's no room!

So, fall asleep in the chair, but don't take the mattress out there!

On our last cruise, we had an aft balcony, and we could see down onto about 1/3 of the balcony below. On 2 of the mornings, there were people sleeping on the balcony, but they just slept on the lounger.

It's really quite muggy out there and in the morning, there is typically a lot of condensation/dew (assuming a Caribbean cruise).

I'd never sleep out there - the inside bed is just too comfy - and who needs a bad night's sleep on a cruise? Not me.

How about bringing an air mattress with you and sleeping out there with that? But I would not do it. I prefer my cabin which is nicely air conditioned.

Although seeing this post reminded me of the Carnival ship that was disabled. There were many who were sleeping outside because of the stench and heat.

While not what the OP was talking about, but some of the luxury lines have taken sleeping outside to a whole new level

SeaDreams

D917EF1CE7730978A4735FADD162.jpg

The World Bali Beds

twd141110d-038045.jpg

That happens to be Residence Sea where the very expensive staterooms are owned as residences (or for rental) by their wealthy owners. Not really a "luxury liner". And certainly a little different than dragging a mattress out of a cruise ship stateroom and flopping it on the balcony deck. ;)

While not what the OP was talking about, but some of the luxury lines have taken sleeping outside to a whole new level

SeaDreams

D917EF1CE7730978A4735FADD162.jpg

The World Bali Beds

twd141110d-038045.jpg

Since they pay so much to live on this ship, do you think they get to wear shorts in the dining room? AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA - sorry, couldn't resist.

If you want to read about this ship (WOW), here is an interesting site:

http://thegreatestrealestateblog.com/2011/09/the-world-residences-at-sea/

If you want to read about this ship (WOW), here is an interesting site:

http://thegreatestrealestateblog.com/2011/09/the-world-residences-at-sea/

WOW! :eek: Thats 4X the cost of an Oasis build! :eek: Almost hard to believe!

The entire ship cost 5 billion dollars to produce and with all of its modern features and resources available, this “Residence at Sea” could also be dubbed “the floating city”. - See more at: http://thegreatestrealestateblog.com/2011/09/the-world-residences-at-sea/#sthash.6Hp6PWhi.dpuf

Archived