LIVE from the Royal Princess - 30 days, Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale - 9/27 - 10/27

Pia1913

Did you know that local legend says that lovers will be granted everlasting love and bliss if they kiss on a gondola at sunset under the Bridge of Sighs? Good morning on our last day in Venice. It’s still pretty cold out there, but at least it isn’t raining.

Yesterday was a very relaxing day for us; even had lunch in the MDR. I had my nails done and them read for most of the afternoon. And after dinner we watched the movie “Safe Haven” on TV in our cabin.

Today, since we’re still in port until 4 PM, there is really nothing going on aboard ship. There is however an afternoon movie, “Before Midnight” at 1:00 PM in the theater. I need to google it and then………. perhaps.

Tonight there will be the Welcome Aboard show in the theater and “Oz the Great and Powerful” on MUTS. Kory Simon is still in Crooners, so I guess he didn’t get off. So many piano players; hard to keep track who’s performing and at which venue.

A few responses:

1. No fondue for us. Not our thing

2. HC is wonderful; too many choices.

3. Oma: yes, will do a Live from Africa if little ship signal is good.

4 Ed: I know all about the tags. We covered it on the last cruise ;)

5. Rui: He was supposed to go on vacation now and come back in Jan or Feb. But he just got notice he has to go to another ship and his vacation won't begin until some time in November.

6. Bottles of stuff: We get two larger size bottle of shampoo and shower gel. Got them on first leg and again yesterday. No lotion. Don't care. Dislike lotion.

That’s about it for now. BTW, internet minutes did carry over. Makes me very happy. Also, since there are so many CC people now aboard and they will be posting regularly, I may curtail things a bit from my end. No need to keep repeating the same things over and over again.

Keep posting Pia, after all you started the thread - love your style of writng :)

I think the poster was referring to the days when it was unlimited. Platinum/Elite still get an allocated number of free minutes.

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Two hundred and fifty minutes goes by quickly on a twelve day cruise, especially when the connection is slow, as it is on the ship. I learned that it sometimes helps, depending on where your cabin is located, to open the door for a better connection.

There is no longer free internet for anybody no matter which cabin you have. Nothing has changed with the allocation for Plats and Elites.

Bob: If you're going to muster, hurry back. We're coming to your cabin. So many people I have yet to meet.

Just in case anyone needs to know, I've done nothing today other than play trivia and eat. What an accomplishment. :eek:

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. Two hundred and fifty minutes goes by quickly on a twelve day cruise, especially when the connection is slow, as it is on the ship. I learned that it sometimes helps, depending on where your cabin is located, to open the door for a better connection.

That is per person. 2 Elites = 500 minutes. Not too shabby IMHO.

There is no longer free internet for anybody no matter which cabin you have. Nothing has changed with the allocation for Plats and Elites.

Bob: If you're going to muster, hurry back. We're coming to your cabin. So many people I have yet to meet.

Just in case anyone needs to know, I've done nothing today other than play trivia and eat. What an accomplishment. :eek:

Who else but you can explain things like 'There must have been a convention of flies'......The biggest laugh on this whole thread.

You don't gloss over things and tell it as it is....Heather.:)

P.S And yes you did start the thread after all.

Bon Voyage to you all, hope you have a great cruise!! We're in the UK watching the webcam of you leaving, very impressive sight. Wish we were there, except you have heavy dark clouds & we have blue skies & sunshine!!

Bob & Pam look forward to hearing your views on the Royal, always love your posts.

Just got home from the 12 day Barcelona to Venice.

Just want to add the beds were the most comfortable ever. Brand new

real mattresses, just like home. Fluffy huge pillows .

I won't write a review as most of the great things and negatives have already been discussed. I would however like to see people's opinions once the ship is in the Caribbean. I did like the setup for the pool areas,

and the seating for muts. Since it was so cold, couldn't use these venues but I think it will be wonderful for warm weather.

All of our tours for the 10 ports were private ones and outstanding.

Only ship's tour was Mykonos. We went to Island of Delos and this was really a must see.

Took ship's transportation to airport and glad we did. Our luggage was waiting for us at airport so it was really easy.

I think the Pursers desk must have been staffed with really good employees. No lines with complaining people and the last evening and morning, no one there in line. The few times I had a question, got accurite information from them.

The only negative area was Room Service. They seem to never answer their phone. We held on for 20 minutes one day. Finally had to call Pursers desk to help put us through. Others complained about the same thing.

Head waiter Rui was suppose to leave for vacation yesterday. Instead he got word they were sending him to the Sapphire in LA to work until Nov 17th. Felt so sorry for him when he said he was going to have to call his wife to tell her he wasn't going home.

He seemed really upset. These guys work so hard and for so many months without a break.

Hi PIA,

i will now read your live with my morning coffee instead of wine time in your cabin.

Gloria

Dave, I really don't do reviews as a lot of things are subjective and everyone's cruise experience can be different.

We are not foodies so talking about food not my thing. I will say the presentation in the dining room was nice. Food really there just like on all the other Princess ships. The big difference was the great layout of

Horizon Ct. and Bistro. So many food stations with lots of variety.

I was sick on most of the cruise so to review food not a good thing as nothing tasted good to me.Last night of cruise, Rui had asked if we wanted a special Indian dinner . One of the Chef's was Indian and he said it would be outstanding. And it was really special .Even with my bad cold, could savor the flavors.

Room Steward was really good. One of the best we ever had, so efficient. Never had to ask for anything as he really did his job well.

We had a fixed dining table in anytime dining room Deck 5 (Symphony).Very doubtful that our female Waiter will be around long. By far the worst we have ever had and she was reported. One night

we waited one hour before our first course appeared. When we complained to her she said"Well, you do have your bread".

There were six of us .I usually view dinner as a place to relax and visit with friends so normally slow service wouldn't affect me. But this was beyond bad. This was not normal service for this dining room. This Wait person was the exception. It appeared like the other waiters were efficient . We experienced better service when we changed tables the last night.