What is the story (if any) behind your "handle"

popcan

Wow! Some very creative and imaginative handles. Guess I get the "lack of any of the above" award. My handle goes back to my very first Internet account with AOL in the late 80's/early 90's. They had a routine that helped you pick out an account name. One of the suggestions was Randyk47 which just happened to be my first name, first initial of my last name, and my birth year. Easy to remember and it stuck even after I dropped AOL ages ago.

When I signed on to Cruise Critic, I wanted to join my roll call. I had no idea I would get addicted to CC;) Or learn so much:D:D

I just wanted a name - so I picked my kuvasz dog's name, but his was taken. My large lab's name wasn't so I took his - Kazu. In retrospect, wish I had been more creative;):p

script_ohio_header.jpg

“Script Ohio” has been an Ohio State University tradition going on 77 years. Begun in 1936, “Script Ohio” includes a revolving block “O” at the beginning, the curved formation of the word “Ohio,” and the “dotting of the I” by the sousaphone player.

A shame they don't show this on TV anymore as they used to for every OSU football game. It is a very definite part of the pageantry ... and this from a PAC-12 fan.:):)

My CC name is pretty simple. It first became my yahoo email when AZNative was already taken and their first "suggestion" was AZNative2000.

Edited by AZNative2000

script_ohio_header.jpg

“Script Ohio” has been an Ohio State University tradition going on 77 years. Begun in 1936, “Script Ohio” includes a revolving block “O” at the beginning, the curved formation of the word “Ohio,” and the “dotting of the I” by the sousaphone player.

More history: http://library.osu.edu/projects/OSUvsMichigan/scriptohio.htm

A shame they don't show this on TV anymore as they used to for every OSU football game. It is a very definite part of the pageantry ... and this from a PAC-12 fan.:):)

Interesting. One of my co-workers was an Ohio State grad and as a band member got to "dot the I" his senior year. He was a few years younger so I'm guessing that would have been in the mid 70's. :)

Yes, I wish I'd chosen something less unwieldy....

But there's an old Snoopy & Woodstock cartoon where S calls W "feathers" and W retaliates with "banana nose". At some point, we started calling each other those names (though he was always "nana nose"). I've NO idea why. We don't use those names anymore, but they hold a special place in our history.

And I deserve "feathers" since I'm a bit flighty at times, but he does NOT deserve the "banana nose".

I've told this before but here goes. My father was an officer in the Royal Canadian Engineers. Following the British tradition, in Canada military engineers are referred to as sappers.

While we were growing up my father referred to me as Sapper number one and my sister as Sapper number two. After he died I happened to be looking for a number on his telephone speed dial and saw that I was listed as "Sapper".

CC was the first online community I joined and when I had to come up with a screen name there was only one choice.

I first signed on to CC as a lark, never thinking I would stick around for a long time. My oldest grandchild was named Ami and he couldn't pronounce Mema which is what I wanted to call. Instead he called me Mama. Thus, mama of ami. Since I am now Mama to four other grand kids, luckily none of them see CC.

That little boy who couldn't pronounce my name, is now driving a car and looking at colleges for next year.:)

I love this.

Great way you chose your post name. :)

We ended up in Rome on a Eurodam TA. One of the off-the-beaten-track sites we visited in Rome was the cliff at the back of the Capitoline Hill where traitors to the state were executed by being thrown off the cliff - the Tarpeian Rock. Where they "landed" is now a parking lot. It was the one place in Rome where we got to be totally alone and feel the ghosts of Ancient Rome. Captured my imagination, thus my screen name. Also a tribute to the 4 years of Latin I survived in high school.

Frustration - I think I was up to 10 - 12 different names I tried and they were all taken - there are a lot of CCers! I thought something like you are making me a blue lady or making this lady blue and decided to try that. Added the extra blue to increase the probability and it worked. Yeah.:D

Well I bet you will never guess....:rolleyes:

After we booked our first HAL cruise I was searching for information and found CC. I too wanted to ask a question and had to come up with a name to register. Since we are a family of 4 and I was one of the 4.....

I was amazed it was not taken yet. Since we always vaction as a family I thought it appropriate to be inclusive.:p

Mine is from Scorsese's "Goodfellas". It remains one of my favorite movies and is from a scene where Henry Hill introduces us to a bunch of the regular mobsters hanging around at their favorite bar.

I first used this way back on the old AOL cruise boards (pre-CC days).:D

Mine is easy and some folks figure it out, others don't.

ret = retired

don = director of nursing.

Been retired from Public Health for 16 years, loved working in the community and seeing people's lives change when they had good health care. Now I love to see my face change when I step on a cruise ship.

My alma mater is the University of Kansas and they are the Jayhawks. I'm also a native Kansan we are known as Jayhawkers (a term used by militant groups in the area prior to the American Civil War that were affiliated with the free-state/anti-slavery cause). I love to travel whether by cruise or by land. Combine the two and shorten a bit and you get Jhawktraveler.

Mine is from Scorsese's "Goodfellas". It remains one of my favorite movies and is from a scene where Henry Hill introduces us to a bunch of the regular mobsters hanging around at their favorite bar.

I first used this way back on the old AOL cruise boards (pre-CC days).:D

"Gonna go get the papers, get the papers...." Great movie!