Siglo?

Wendy The Wanderer

I just checked this band out and hope they are aboard Riviera in 2 weeks. I did not expect a contemporary dance band to be aboard and was happy to read that Oceania has some good entertainment. It is often stated here that this is one of their weak spots.

I just checked this band out and hope they are aboard Riviera in 2 weeks. I did not expect a contemporary dance band to be aboard and was happy to read that Oceania has some good entertainment. It is often stated here that this is one of their weak spots.

..and so it still is (in spite of Siglo, whoever they are) :D

But, fear not, the rest of it is superb!

It is outrageous that Siglo will be getting off the ship just when we're getting on. I demand that FDR look into this and cancel this mis-guided scheduling! This is not what I expect from a luxury cruise line, (err .. I mean high-end cruise line).

In case you haven't noticed, this posting is intended to be a satire of so many posts that I've seen here and on the Regent board.;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZRLcoAVodM

I realize, Wendy, that you have not yet sailed with Oceania, but these boys seem a tad too "metal" for the Oceania demographic.

The couple who are so determinedly attempting to swing dance (that IS the Lindy, correct?) at the 5 minute mark, particularly tickle me.

Siglo is not my taste at all, but then I may just be an old fuddy duddy.

I'd be interested to hear what others think.

I don't think I could listen to that music for very long either - did not recognize any of it :confused:

I guess I am an old fuddy duddy too :D

I wonder how well attended were their performances. Does not appear to be a good match for O crowd (in general) - IMO.

LOL

So if a person likes rock n roll they might not be refined enough for Oceania?

On the other hand I'm okay if I never hear Freebird again, whether it's the original or a cover band.

Lot's of older folks like rock n roll. How old are the people that played it in the 50's & 60's? I'll answer that, somewhere between 65 & 90.

LOL

So if a person likes rock n roll they might not be refined enough for Oceania?

On the other hand I'm okay if I never hear Freebird again, whether it's the original or a cover band.

Lot's of older folks like rock n roll. How old are the people that played it in the 50's & 60's? I'll answer that, somewhere between 65 & 90.

There is nothing wrong with rock n roll - we grew up with it in the 50's and 60's and I love it.

But what I hear on that youtube clip is not what I call rock n roll (certainly nothing I remember from the 50's or 60's rock n roll) -it's a lot closer to Metallica and that is what I was referring to :D

There is nothing wrong with rock n roll - we grew up with it in the 50's and 60's and I love it.

But what I hear on that youtube clip is not what I call rock n roll (certainly nothing I remember from the 50's or 60's rock n roll) -it's a lot closer to Metallica and that is what I was referring to :D

The song they are playing is Freebird, by Lynyrd Skynrd, a southern rock band. It was an extremely popular song. Completely different genre from Metallica. FWIW I find it repetitive, too long, and quite grating on the nerves. In my youth I actually saw Lynryd Skynrd, twice, I wouldn't walk across the street to see them now.

I can honestly say I have not seen any bands like that on my O cruises

maybe a god thing ;)

Not my cup of tea either

We like most types of music as DH was a musician in his younger days ..now we are old fuddy duddies & prefer the likes of the string quartets

we are off to see Leona Boyd this weekend

We still like R & R just not that kind :D

Lyn

The song they are playing is Freebird, by Lynyrd Skynrd, a southern rock band. It was an extremely popular song. Completely different genre from Metallica. FWIW I find it repetitive, too long, and quite grating on the nerves. In my youth I actually saw Lynryd Skynrd, twice, I wouldn't walk across the street to see them now.

Thank you for clarifying that. Whatever genre it is, I didn't care for it either.

Everybody is entitled to their own taste in music and, as Jim and Stan point out, we're Regent ex-pats and don't know the demographic of Riviera (yet). So I will certainly defer to those with more experience.

That said, I thought the video was great and good-on those folks dancing to what, after all, is now a 40-year old classic by Lynard Skynard. Yes, 40 years old: it was first released in 1973.

Ever fearless, I will wade further into these treacherous waters. I noticed that neither of the folks who were dancing were wearing denim. And they seemed to be having some serious fun. If they had been wearing denim, they couldn't have partied like that in a resto where such garb is forbidden.

Perhaps we can combine a dress code with a music code. The permutations are many and fascinating. No denim when the band is playing classic rock. Denim is required if the band is playing Twisted Sister. Formal attire for string quartets, unless they are playing Bartok when swimwear is appropriate. These waters are indeed treacherous and largely uncharted.;)

Archived