Nachi Cocom VS Cozumel Palace

Miss Studio

Congrats on your soon to be honeymoon. Not sure what the Cozumel Palace is, but we've been to Nachi and Mr. Sanchos, in Cozumel. We prefer Mr. Sanchos. Mr. Sanchos is about $60 per person for all inclusive food/drinks. Nachi is all inclusive for food and drink as well, but I can't recall the price. Both are beautiful, but Mr. Sanchos wins our vote for the personal attention given by the servers and the newly added snack/appetizer buffet you receive, at your leisure, prior to the lunch you order off the menu. Check it out on trip advisor and whatever you choose, enjoy!

Hi, we have a great Cozumel board where you can research this more specifically. You can read the thread titles, or run it into the "Search this forum" function on the right hand side of the main page.

Here is the link: this might get moved there anyway.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=210 <--click here

Does anyone have any thoughts on which is better, and why? We will be there this January 2014, on our honeymoon.

I can't speak to Cozumel Palace as I've never been. But have been to Nachi twice over the last several years, and had a great time on both occasions. Good food, good drink, pool, ocean, just lots of fun and sun.

Never heard of Cozumel Palace, but have been to Nachi four times, with a fifth booked for April.

If you want a quiet, relaxing, Corona commercial kind of vibe, where you just relax and hear the waves lapping the shore, Nachi is your choice.

To me, Nachi's 100 person limit and wonderful facilities are worth the $55.

The four course meal, and all you can drink, alcoholic or non, is just a bonus.

If you want a bit more lively atmosphere, look into Mr. Sanchos.

Intrested to hear if anybody has been to Cozumel Palace.

Bill

We're considering the Palace also - found it on the Cozumel for a Day web-site. It looks very nice! We enjoyed Nachi when we were there but always like to do something different when we repeat ports. The Palace looks MUCH nicer than Nachi, which is a day resort.

The Cozumel Palace is a nice hotel, for sue one of the best choices for staying in Cozumel, we had a short tour by some of their vendors and liked it. The only negative point is that there is no beach...

As mentioned by another poster, Nachi has put more palapas and chairs...I do not think that the advertised 100 people applies anymore. :confused:

I have been to the Palace on a day pass, during a day trip from Playa del Carmen. The facilities are very nice. The food was good and the pool waitstaff was very attentive. We had breakfast, lunch and unlimited beverages. We could have had dinner also, but wanted to get back to PDC. There is a large waterfront area, with many loungers and shade options. The snorkeling is fair, but not great. As mentioned, there is no "beach". If available, they will let you use a "hospitality" room to shower off and change. We had a very enjoyable and relaxing day there, but I'm not sure it is much different from spending the day on the ship.

There is no need to arrange for a day pass through a third party. You can arrange to visit directly through the resort.

Having stayed in the Cozumel Palace I can say it is a nice resort. The rooms are excellent. The food and service is good but the facility and space is quite limited and there is no beach at all. We found Nachi Cocom through Island Marketing Ltd. back in 2006 and have made this our only beach stop in Cozumel ever since. Nachi Cocom offers the best shaded seaside seating of any beach club on the island. Ask for Jose! He's our favorite waiter! Katie at Island Marketing Ltd is a big help if you have any questions!

Just saw this today - I also think you made a fantastic choice. I'll be there for the 5th (at least) time in December. Nachi Cocom is heaven on earth to me. I spend most of the morning laying under the palapa reading, napping and watching the ocean, then head up in to the shaded area for lunch, back to the palapa for a nap, then spend about an hour or so in the pool before heading back to the ship. Heaven, I tell you! :D Can't wait to go back!

Does Nachi (or Mr. Sancho's for that matter) have any real snorkeling close to the beach? I've been to Cozumel Palace, and while the snorkeling isn't like taking a boat to a reef, you can see a lot of fish there, and it's so convenient.

Nachi does not. Sandy bottom, so while you "could" snorkel there isn't much to see. They do offer a short boat trip snorkeling tour (at least they did when we were there) for an hour or so, but it was extra $$.

Congrats on your soon to be honeymoon. Not sure what the Cozumel Palace is, but we've been to Nachi and Mr. Sanchos, in Cozumel. We prefer Mr. Sanchos. Mr. Sanchos is about $60 per person for all inclusive food/drinks. Nachi is all inclusive for food and drink as well, but I can't recall the price. Both are beautiful, but Mr. Sanchos wins our vote for the personal attention given by the servers and the newly added snack/appetizer buffet you receive, at your leisure, prior to the lunch you order off the menu. Check it out on trip advisor and whatever you choose, enjoy!

I have been to both Nachi and Cozumel Palace. Stayed at the palace once for 5 nights and visited Nachi October last year. If u are looking for a beautiful beach Nachi is the place to visit. I loved the palace but no nice beach. Nachi has great food, great beach and a great pool. If it's just a day visit i would go with Nachi unless u dont care about a beach.

Archived