2013 Constellation 62 Night Odyssey

C 2 C

We leave today for our Celebrity Seaside Condo. For the next 62 days, Constellation will be our home. If time and internet minutes permit, I will post our impressions.

Oct7Connie.png

Oct19Connie.png

Oct31Connie.png

Nov12Constellation.png

Nov24Connie.png

How exciting!!! Safe travels! We will look forward to photos and such! We will be sailing Connie this spring in one of her new AQ afts so I am very interested in how she is holding up after dry dock. Happy Sailings, all 62 days!!!!

By the time I join you on board on OCT 31, you will be true expert of everything Constellaiton.

It will be my first sailng on a M class ship.

Look forward to meeting you and reading your impressions from your "seaside condo"

Have fun Arno & Joanne:)

Wondering how you handled the price drops after final payment.

It looks like some of the CC & AQ categories on some of the segments are about 1/2 the price they were originally.

Did you book an OV to start and move up to CC or AQ when they were less than the OV you started with?

Celebrity's price policy is VERY frustrating to me.

I am booked on some similar sailings next year and am paying over $2000 pp for what is now listed as $1000 (or less) this year:(

Have fun Arno & Joanne:)

Wondering how you handled the price drops after final payment.

It looks like some of the CC & AQ categories on some of the segments are about 1/2 the price they were originally.

Did you book an OV to start and move up to CC or AQ when they were less than the OV you started with?

Celebrity's price policy is VERY frustrating to me.

I am booked on some similar sailings next year and am paying over $2000 pp for what is now listed as $1000 (or less) this year:(

We are sitting at our gate, enjoying free internet access courtesy of Pearson Int'l Airport.

We had booked OV for all five legs of our voyage with the intention of buying an upgrade as prices dropped.

If one has the 1,2,3 perks (we picked Bev and Grats) one cannot take advantage of any upgrade even at higher prices unless one surrenders the perks or one pays the original or special pricing depending on the amount of the drop.

The Black Sea Voyage has stayed the closest to the original price and at one time was much higher than what we payed.

We finally booked AQ by dropping our perks but still had to pay for the upgrade. I will get even at the Elite gathering..;)

As a result of the process we will not book again until after final payment. As you said the whole process has become too "Byzantine" (had to get that in) to make sense of all the specials and inability to upgrade. When an AQ was going for about $699 pp we tried to switch but because the price was $500 pp lower than our OV we still had to pay another $200 pp and lose the perks.

I wish that X would introduce a price drop GTY insurance that for a reasonable upfront non-refundable fee one could always upgrade free as the price drops.

Since we have no time restrictions, we will wait out for specials from now on for exotic voyages. If none are presented, we will readjust our pattern but try alternatives such as a river cruise.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

We are flying with Airtransat, a charter flight but arranged through ChoiceAir even though it was not on the original available flights list.

We are scheduled to leave at 3:50 pm, with a short hop to Montreal (1hr. 15min) pick up some more travellers and w/o deplaning continue directly to Istanbul, eta 10:15 am. It was not possible to pick this flight for a one or two day earlier arrival.

One bonus of upgrading with few cabins left is that our GTY AQ placed us in cabin AQ1141. The final result of upgrading with $$ is a truly choice AFT cabin location. On leg two we move into cabin AQ1139 just two cabins over and now further from the smoke zone above the sunset bar.

Arno,

Hope you and Joanne have a wonderful time on your journey.

I wish you fair winds, following seas, much dancing and challenging Trivia.

Those preparing Trivia will be busy making up new questions for the next two months!

See you in Feb.

Agnes

Finally figured how to log on

We are sailing under code red... a miserable start to the voyage, delayed boarding, delayed luggage and a closed library...

There are absolutely no updates about how many are sick just that we will continue to operate like this for the entire journey..

The weather as we leave the Black Sea is spectacular, overall cool till now but warm today.

Cruisenut,

Stay well and keep washing your hands!

Question: how long did it take you to get through the Istanbul airport?

How long did it take you to travel to port?

Was there additional secruity checks at port?

Thanks for the information ahead of time.

See you on the third leg of your trip.

Hi there

Sorry about the code red not pleasant at all

Hope you both stay clear of any illness.

It will be just like going home for you two after all those

Southern Caribbean sailings on her.

The only downside is you won't have Perry to

entertain you in Michaels.

Have a great trip

We are sailing under code red... a miserable start to the voyage, delayed boarding, delayed luggage and a closed library...

There are absolutely no updates about how many are sick just that we will continue to operate like this for the entire journey..

The weather as we leave the Black Sea is spectacular, overall cool till now but warm today.

Last year, the Connie cruise before the TA was under Code Red as well - packets of salt and pepper, no decorations on the MDR tables, buffet food was entirely served by the staff. Curious was what was named the Connie Cough that you could hear everywhere. People did not look well - flushed faces, weepy eyes, no energy. Not the 26 ounce flu for sure!!

I know first hand what it's like. Was o also n a cruise departing from Istanbul and some were ill on the first day. Seemed to have it under control until we docked in Israel. One woman lost it while boarding. Hope that you and JoAnne avoid any adverse contact and enjoy your cruise. At least you know what to expect.