2013 Constellation 62 Night Odyssey

C 2 C

Arno, I was on the Millie to Alaska in May and met a couple named Wanda and Bob from Virgina I think. They asked that I say hello to you and Joanne. I hope you remember them they were such a delightful couple. I will be boarding Nov 24 for the TA.

I am with you I will no longer book before final payment. Especially when I sale alone.

I have a TA booked for Nov 2014 that I am about to cancel right now. Paying top dollar and then finding out the price drops, now it wouldnt bother me $50.00 or $100.00 but when the price drops are $500.00 plus that does bother me. Celebrity has had my money tied up all the time and wont cut me a break, but will give it to someone else...

It wont stop me from sailing Celebrity, I am just going to follow the rules of the game they play. Looking forward to meeting you and Joanne on the TA.

Norma

Am curious to know...

We just got off Century last week and noticed lacking from our cabin were:

- ice bucket

- water jug

- and body wash (only bar soap made an appearance plus the usual hair products and lotion).

Wondering if this is the norm or only peculiar to Century, our cabin attendants or ? Hate to have to make my first port shopping trip about buying essentials.

Thanks.

Am curious to know...

- ice bucket

- water jug

- and body wash (only bar soap made an appearance plus the usual hair products and lotion).

Wondering if this is the norm or only peculiar to Century, our cabin attendants or ? Hate to have to make my first port shopping trip about buying essentials.

Thanks.

Haven't been on a ship since the end off May so things could have changed, but I doubt it. Always get the items mentioned. Always ask for ice bucket and water jug to be removed and additional body wash. Will start cruising again in less than 5 weeks so I'll verify.

Hi Arno,

Thank you for the update. Sorry to hear about the code red, but we wish you & Joanne a wonderful cruise. Looking forward to your next update.

Am curious to know...

- ice bucket

- water jug

Thanks.

Only Concierge and higher get the body wash. If you are in Concierge or higher you should ask to talk to the manager.

As for the water jug Celebrity has been trying to get rid of them for a long time - started in 2008 when the Solstice came out. We just ask for one and they bring a big water pitcher from the MDR.

You should still have an ice bucket.

What has the room steward said related to these missing items?

Room stewards for us- it seemed that there was someone different every day and not the usual visibility in the corridors to greet you in the morning and evening. The bathroom was in dire need of a thorough cleaning and after that finally happened - housekeeping came for a look (and sniff), we felt that we were almost avoided. Felt the missing items were small potatoes compared to the situation in the bathroom.

Only Concierge and higher get the body wash. If you are in Concierge or higher you should ask to talk to the manager.

As for the water jug Celebrity has been trying to get rid of them for a long time - started in 2008 when the Solstice came out. We just ask for one and they bring a big water pitcher from the MDR.

You should still have an ice bucket.

What has the room steward said related to these missing items?

Arno:

Is Tasos the Captain? Do you know when he goes off and returns? I promised him when he was promoted I'd cruise with him. Is Amanda a hostess in the MDR? If you see her could you get her schedule and say "hi" for me. Hope that you settle into your condo, relax and have a good and healthy series of cruises.

Am curious to know...

- ice bucket

- water jug

Thanks.

Same experience on SUMMIT last month, re; the water jug. Our stateroom attendants told us this ''appears'' to be a growing trend....We also had same thing on Century July'12.

But ice buclet was always there...aas well as body wash.

Cheers

We are enjoying a stunning day in Mykonos... we're docked, not tendered.

For those boarding in Istanbul.. Connie will undergo another deep cleanse so don't bother showing up early.

B2B guests will have to pack up as well and then have a tour of Istanbul courtesy of X.

Cruisenut,

Stay well and keep washing your hands!

Question: how long did it take you to get through the Istanbul airport?

How long did it take you to travel to port?

Was there additional secruity checks at port?

Thanks for the information ahead of time.

See you on the third leg of your trip.

Airport transit was quick.. we had visa in hand, glanced over and handed back.

Our transportation did not show up and we took a ride with another couple for $30 per couple. Celebrity reps were charging double that amount.

If you have a similar problem Nation car rental sells the transfer.

Ride to the port was about 30 minutes.. but watch out the driver may take you to the wrong terminal and it is a long walk with suitcases according to another couple..

Tasos will be the next captain in several weeks. Nikos Frantzis is presently the master.

We're in AQ.. no ice bucket but lots of water.

We have direct stairs to the Sunset below... Awesome location when looking for the stuff that really kills the bugs internally... White wine is the bug killer of choice.

Tasos will be the next captain in several weeks. Nikos Frantzis is presently the master.

We have direct stairs to the Sunset below... Awesome location when looking for the stuff that really kills the bugs internally... White wine is the bug killer of choice.

Arno,

Is the lack of an ice bucket normal for AQ or something new? All the other stateroom categories have had ice buckets. We will be VERY upset if Celebrity has decided to discontinue ice buckets in the cabin. It was bad enough with the smaller buckets on the Solstice back in 2008 when my daughter had to goto the buffet to refill it several times a day:mad:

We were on the previous connie cruise and did not have an ice bucket until we asked for it. We also asked for and received a water pitcher. A strange way to save money.

I was one of many who caught norovirus. I thought the medical care was good and the service from my cabin steward was very caring but the last week of the cruise was a complete disaster. Celebrity's offer of 4 days credit towards another cruise is simply not enough given that my husband's cruise was also ruined and three days in bed with a soft mattress gave me a serious sciatica attack which i am still suffering from. I asked for a bed board to alleviate the situation but was told there were none on the ship.

This was our 20th X cruise and it won't be our last because we have a cruise booked with friends in january. But instead of looking at cruises for future trips i am exploring land trips-something we haven't done in a long time.

By the way i thought entertainment on this ship was seriously lacking before i got sick. Luckily we were traveling with friends and had wonderful dinner companions- two lovely english couples.

We are enjoying a stunning day in Mykonos... we're docked, not tendered.

For those boarding in Istanbul.. Connie will undergo another deep cleanse so don't bother showing up early.

B2B guests will have to pack up as well and then have a tour of Istanbul courtesy of X.

We join you on the 31st. Hoping for a treat rather than a trick:eek:

We greatly appreciate your reports. I was wondering about Mykonos as I believe we are scheduled to be the only ship there. Always prefer docking to tendering!:)

Looking forward to meeting you!

Arie

We're on the same cruise as Cruisenut. Conciergeclass, icebucket and bubbles delivered in room the day after we boarded. Have talked with several staffmembers and this cruise there seems to be only 4 or 5 guests who are ill.

Our boarding began at 2 pm, staterooms available at 5 pm, only deck 10 was open and available for passengers.

Has been a while since we were on Connie and found out there are no longer footstools on balcony in CC.

We arrived at the airport at 3.30 pm, bought our visas in 5 minutes and than it took us a hour to get through customs, almost as bad as Miami (for us European) :)

Make sure you have a map of the location of your hotel. We had a free transfer offered by the hotel (in Sulthannamet) but they do not have their own transportation and just send a taxicompany, the guy had no idea where our hotel was and had to ask 7 times!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Airport transit was quick.. we had visa in hand, glanced over and handed back.

Our transportation did not show up and we took a ride with another couple for $30 per couple. Celebrity reps were charging double that amount.

If you have a similar problem Nation car rental sells the transfer.

Ride to the port was about 30 minutes.. but watch out the driver may take you to the wrong terminal and it is a long walk with suitcases according to another couple..

What company had you prearranged with? We'll be there in less than 3 weeks and want to know who to avoid.

Thanks

We were on the Connie for the 25 May Black Sea cruise. Great cruise, but when we entered the Black Sea, a storm brought cold weather and high winds. We managed but a temp drop of 30 degrees F was not good. Hope you have good weather.

We had the noro virus on our cruise and it made going to the buffet a bit of a pain. However, we usually had room service breakfast on port days and were not there for lunch that much.

One thing that puzzles me is why you took three identical Greek Isles cruises that go to the same ports? I suppose you could find something different in Athens (we did that), but for many of those ports like Mykonos, once you have done the city and Delos, that is about it, unless you like going to the beach.

We like doing TAs B2B with another cruise, but never have done 62 days.

We were in 1138 on the cruise just before yours. We had the ice bucket, but had to ask for it. After that it was there every day. We also had a water pitcher, iced tea carafe and LOTS of bottled water.

Shelley

Cruisenut, which stateroom do you have?

We were on the previous connie cruise and did not have an ice bucket until we asked for it. We also asked for and received a water pitcher. A strange way to save money.

I was one of many who caught norovirus. I thought the medical care was good and the service from my cabin steward was very caring but the last week of the cruise was a complete disaster. Celebrity's offer of 4 days credit towards another cruise is simply not enough given that my husband's cruise was also ruined and three days in bed with a soft mattress gave me a serious sciatica attack which i am still suffering from. I asked for a bed board to alleviate the situation but was told there were none on the ship.

This was our 20th X cruise and it won't be our last because we have a cruise booked with friends in january. But instead of looking at cruises for future trips i am exploring land trips-something we haven't done in a long time.

By the way i thought entertainment on this ship was seriously lacking before i got sick. Luckily we were traveling with friends and had wonderful dinner companions- two lovely english couples.

It's not Celebrity's fault that you got sick. :rolleyes: I think it very generous that they are giving you 4 days credit, though not sure how that works. Sorry about your back. I thought that the mattresses were new on the Connie and that they would hopefully be firmer. :(