2013 Constellation 62 Night Odyssey

C 2 C

Cruisenut, which stateroom do you have?

It's not Celebrity's fault that you got sick. :rolleyes: I think it very generous that they are giving you 4 days credit, though not sure how that works. Sorry about your back. I thought that the mattresses were new on the Connie and that they would hopefully be firmer. :(

Don't worry - we were on Connie directly after her refurb and found the mattresses new and very comfortable, not too soft, not too firm. I know it's subjective but I have got back problems myself and didn't have any problems. Pillows, beddings and towels were new as well.

Hi Arno, I'm in wit withdrawal, miss my few chuckles a day.

Hope you and Joanne are "bug" free and glad for all cruising on the the Constellation that some code red restrictions have been relaxed.

Enjoy!

Katie

Edited by Oville

We are back in Istanbul on a cool wet day. We survived the trip with no personal medical interruptions. Self service was reinstated several days ago but we still have to pack up and leave the ship in order for a deep clean to occur. The library is still book-less.

Trivia activities have been great, shopping successful.

There is a red carpet treatment for SUITES and Penthouse occupants but there are no VIPs onboard ;).

We wish everyone safe travels for boarding tomorrow.

Internet is very s l o w..

The cruise has been OK, no superlatives...

Arno:

When we were on a B2B from Barcelona we were required to leave the ship for a deep cleaning. Celebrity provided free tours for all. Are they doing the same or are you on your own. Enjoy the second leg, hopefully code red free.

Edited by Orator

Arno:

When we were on a B2B from Barcelona we were required to leave the ship for a deep cleaning. Celebrity provided free tours for all. Are they doing the same or are you on your own. Enjoy the second leg, hopefully code red free.

Free tour.. :D

Have a great time. We will be joining you on the Nov 12 and 24 cruises. Looking forward to your postings. We have been to these ports before. What will you do in Kusadasi for something different each time. Have fun. We are in a suite on the first cruise and then in a new after sunset veranda cabin.

The DJ's.

We are back in Istanbul on a cool wet day. We survived the trip with no personal medical interruptions. Self service was reinstated several days ago but we still have to pack up and leave the ship in order for a deep clean to occur. The library is still book-less.

Trivia activities have been great, shopping successful.

There is a red carpet treatment for SUITES and Penthouse occupants but there are no VIPs onboard ;).

We wish everyone safe travels for boarding tomorrow.

Internet is very s l o w..

The cruise has been OK, no superlatives...

Thanks very much for the update Arno. Glad to read that normal service has been restored. I beg to differ about no VIP's onboard. I'm sure many of us would agree, that we know of at least 2 VIP's onboard. If not to Celebrity, you are a huge asset to our community.

Wishing you a wonderful journey !

Thanks very much for the update Arno. Glad to read that normal service has been restored. I beg to differ about no VIP's onboard. I'm sure many of us would agree, that we know of at least 2 VIP's onboard. If not to Celebrity, you are a huge asset to our community.

Here here! :D

WELL said, Andy.:)

I would suggest the Broeders are ( somewhat discreetly....:() viewed as top shelf , superior quality VIPs at Celebrity.

Cheers

WELL said, Andy.:)

I would suggest the Broeders are ( somewhat discreetly....:() viewed as top shelf , superior quality VIPs at Celebrity.

Cheers

Yes Arno and Joanne are superior quality VIPs on Celebrity.

Unfortunately they are NOT being treated as such.

Those in Sky Suites are getting red carpet treatment whereas the most frequent cruisers in the fleet are not.

I am sorry but I don't think this is right.

How many others sail at least 4 months on Celebrity EVERY YEAR !!!

I'm hoping that they are being invited to dine at the Captain's Table.

Curious to know, what perks the suite dwellers would be scoring over the top cruisers? :confused: More flowers, more drinks, more free laundry, more internet time, more freebies other than what is typical for booking a suite - what would they be?

And then there is that VIP red carpet entryway that makes an appearance from time to time.....

I'm hoping that they are being invited to dine at the Captain's Table.

Curious to know, what perks the suite dwellers would be scoring over the top cruisers? :confused: More flowers, more drinks, more free laundry, more internet time, more freebies other than what is typical for booking a suite - what would they be?

And then there is that VIP red carpet entryway that makes an appearance from time to time.....

Top Suites guests (penthouse, Royal suite) usually get the top Elite benefits. They also may receive invitations to a special cocktail party with Senior Officers as well as invitations to most special events. They usually get an invitation to the Captain's Table. All of this might vary from ship to ship largely depending on whose HD. There we some other perks such as helipad sail aways that may be given. The top cruiser may receive some of these perks, but sometimes not. Suites also get the Butler, top cruisers don't. I've been a "top cruiser" a few times and received some of my list , but never the sail away. Experience varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

Edited by Orator

Top Suites guests (penthouse, Royal suite) usually get the top Elite benefits. They also may receive invitations to a special cocktail party with Senior Officers as well as invitations to most special events. They usually get an invitation to the Captain's Table. All of this might vary from ship to ship largely depending on whose HD. There we some other perks such as helipad sail aways that may be given. The top cruiser may receive some of these perks, but sometimes not. Suites also get the Butler, top cruisers don't. I've been a "top cruiser" a few times and received some of my list , but never the sail away. Experience varies from ship to ship and cruise to cruise.

Thanks for the input. I am thinking that VIP treatment isn't exactly written in stone or extras distributed on any tier level like Captain's Club benefits.

"Top suite guests" do not always get these perks. Surely, if you always get or receive anything, it stops being a special treat? If a "top suite guest" is also Elite, there can be nothing in the way of "perks". [i am not sure that the Butler really counts. Ship geography would make it impractical for some "top cruisers" staterooms to be serviced by a butler whoever may have a great deal of ground to cover.]

Sue

"Top suite guests" do not always get these perks. Surely, if you always get or receive anything, it stops being a special treat? If a "top suite guest" is also Elite, there can be nothing in the way of "perks". [i am not sure that the Butler really counts. Ship geography would make it impractical for some "top cruisers" staterooms to be serviced by a butler whoever may have a great deal of ground to cover.]

Sue

All of this is VERY dependent on who is the Hotel Director and the Captain's Club Hostess. I sailed in a royal suite and did not get invited to dine with the captain. I survived. We were already Elite, so those perks didn't matter. We did have a wonderful butler.

Yes Arno and Joanne are superior quality VIPs on Celebrity.

Unfortunately they are NOT being treated as such.

Those in Sky Suites are getting red carpet treatment whereas the most frequent cruisers in the fleet are not.

I am sorry but I don't think this is right.

How many others sail at least 4 months on Celebrity EVERY YEAR !!!

I agree Tommy. Hopefully, this will change on later sailings. Just confused by this lack of VIP treatment for them of all people.

We are in Mamaris today together with the Journey..

Everyday has been spectacular, beautiful blue skies, many photo opportunities.

The beverage package is seriously affecting my free time, whether it is sipping tea, a refreshing beer after a walk in the sun, or a brandy Alexander after which I am really mellow. It is also great walking into Michael's where elites are gathering from 5 to 7 with a drink in hand as I pass the guardian at the gate.

On the fourth leg of our voyage, (we have just learned) we will be able to glide over the red carpet for the first time since we will be occupants of the Royal Suite. (A Sweet Suite GTY) There is a Celebrity Angel watching over us after all. We however will practice the appropriate wrist movement to greet our fellow cruisers...

The beverage package is seriously affecting my free time, whether it is sipping tea, a refreshing beer after a walk in the sun, or a brandy Alexander after which I am really mellow. It is also great walking into Michael's where elites are gathering from 5 to 7 with a drink in hand as I pass the guardian at the gate.

On the fourth leg of our voyage, (we have just learned) we will be able to glide over the red carpet for the first time since we will be occupants of the Royal Suite. (A Sweet Suite GTY) There is a Celebrity Angel watching over us after all. We however will practice the appropriate wrist movement to greet our fellow cruisers...

Enjoy! I am sure you will enjoy that balcony with all the amenities;)

Now that's more like it. Enjoy :D