Maple Syrup

Hi All, I have a random question.

Does Carnival offer the option of real maple syrup? I can't eat the maple-flavored syrup, as I am allergic to artificial maple flavoring. I can eat the real maple syrup, however.

If they don't, I can always find other options, but I was just curious.

Does Carnival offer the option of real maple syrup? I can't eat the maple-flavored syrup, as I am allergic to artificial maple flavoring. I can eat the real maple syrup, however.

Having tasted it a time or 2, I'd say it's not real, but have no confirmation of that.

It is not real maple syrup. They usually have a container of peanut butter out if you like that.

It is not real maple syrup. They usually have a container of peanut butter out if you like that.

I am aware that the syrup that they typically offer is artificial. I grew on on the real stuff in Vermont, so I have always had an aversion to the fake syrup anyway.

Maybe I should rephrase my initial question: Do they offer real maple syrup if I were to ask for it? I know that it is far too expensive to just have out, but would I be able to get it if I asked?

You can always bring your own onboard.

Agree. I would just bring a small unopened bottle of real maple syrup. At home, I only eat real maple syrup. Honestly though, the pancakes and French toast they serve are inedible to me(even if I brought my own good quality, real maple syrup to pour over them).

..... Carnival has the best french toast ever!

Carnival does make some pretty darn good french toast.

I don't think I've been to any land based eateries that offered real maple syrup. I'm sure there are some, but far and few between.

Grandma used to boil water and add a couple cups of sugar. Reduce slightly and add some maple flavoring. That was hot maple syrup for us.

I don't think I've been to any land based eateries that offered real maple syrup. I'm sure there are some, but far and few between.

All of our local breakfast joints offer real maple syrup for an added fee. Living in New England, it's worth every penny!!! I cannot eat the fake stuff for any reason because, in my opinion, it tastes awful. I'd rather do without.

Hey, I just realized you are in NH. So are we.

No, none of the major cruise lines offer REAL maple syrup. It is always some kind of sugared, extract flavored fake syrup.

When we were on Celebrity they offered it by request only.

My husband grew up in Vermont, so it's a constant topic of conversation. We'll probably be bringing our own syrup on board since we don't have to fly this time.

The best maple syrup is from Canadian trees....*BG*....we produce the most maple syrup....One reason they don't supply it is cost. A small bottle costs $8-10 here in Canada at the grocery store. More in tourist traps.....It is good, but I prefer using Summerland Sweets fruit syrup for my pancakes *BG*...I have Saskatoon berry right now, they also have blueberry and peach....

Archived