Water Water Water

ihopfar

Yes, this is another water thread.:D

First time on RCCL, and the water policy appears a bit more strict than the other lines I have been on.

1. Understand that officially you are not supposed to bring water on board, but in most cases it is not a problem. The exception being spring break. As you can see from my signature, we are sailing March 29th. Most colleges have their break earlier -- will they still have increased enforcement then? Would 3 or 4 bottles each in our carryon cause them to say anything? (Please read question #2 before flaming me. ;))

2. We actually have no problem with the ship water and drink it most of the time. The reason we bring bottles is for port days. We would bring fewer bottles (or even empty bottles) and refill on the ship to take off for ports, but I have it in my head that if the seal is broken then we might be made to toss it when leaving the ship if they are doing random inspections. Is this true? Is this actually a problem or would we be fine taking refilled bottles off in ports?

Thanks,

Brad

Yes, this is another water thread.:D

First time on RCCL, and the water policy appears a bit more strict than the other lines I have been on.

1. Understand that officially you are not supposed to bring water on board, but in most cases it is not a problem. The exception being spring break. As you can see from my signature, we are sailing March 29th. Most colleges have their break earlier -- will they still have increased enforcement then? Would 3 or 4 bottles each in our carryon cause them to say anything? (Please read question #2 before flaming me. ;))

2. We actually have no problem with the ship water and drink it most of the time. The reason we bring bottles is for port days. We would bring fewer bottles (or even empty bottles) and refill on the ship to take off for ports, but I have it in my head that if the seal is broken then we might be made to toss it when leaving the ship if they are doing random inspections. Is this true? Is this actually a problem or would we be fine taking refilled bottles off in ports?

Thanks,

Brad

We bring on a six pack of spring water, factory shrink wrapped, in our carry ons with no issues. We have also brought on individual bottles in our carry ons, my DH and I had no issues but our son was stopped and had to open his bag. They saw that they were factory sealed waters and a couple of gatorades and they didn't take anything.

You can bring empty bottles and fill them on the ship if you prefer. You will have no issue getting off the ship but may be asked to dump any left over prior to boarding. Sometimes, they will let you shake the bottle to show them that it is not alcohol, sometimes they just make you dump it.

We bring one 1/2 liter each with us ashore. opened and refilled at each port, using the same bottles the whole trip. We have never had to empty them, but they are usually at least half empty by the time we get back.

When I cruise I go with a Camelbak backpack and Camelbak bottles. I fill them with LOTS of the tiny windjammer cups of water. Have never had a problem getting back on the ship with my water bottles/bag after a port day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Archived