Iffy Movies on a Cruise.

On the Grand Princess they played the movie “Titanic” in the main theater several nights. You could hear that music everywhere. On one of the Hal ships they showed “Open Water” where a couple was left behind on a Scuba Diving trip and got eaten by sharks after floating in the ocean for a few days. (I went diving in Tortola, it was on my mind).

Titanic - That's funny!. My DD said she was afraid to cruise because the ship might sink like the Titanic. My DS could barely contain the laughter He said "This is a Caribbean cruise - there are no icebergs!":D

She finally agreed to try cruising when we explained that there were also enough lifeboats for every person. We should never have taken her to that Titanic museum!

Here is my usual contribution to this topic:

Seven years ago I was on the Crown Princess when she listed over severely, causing a lot of damage and ending our cruise. (http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=381758)

The scheduled movie for that night on MUTS? TITANIC.

I guess MUTS that night stood for Movies Under The Sea?

How do you compare Rc and Princess? More alike than different?

We were treated to Airplane during our last flight from Maui! One poor guy woke from a nap and actually thought our plane was going down. I laughed so hard, I nearly didn't make it to the restroom. Guess I have a sick sense of humor. :eek:

I guess MUTS that night stood for Movies Under The Sea?

Close. MUTS is Movies Under The Stars.

I think that Princess was the first cruiseline to put large movie screens up on the pool deck.

How do you compare Rc and Princess? More alike than different?

Funny that you should ask................

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=384377 (posted on Princess board, so you can see THEIR responses and questions)

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=384375 (post on RC board, so you can see "OUR" responses and questions)

:)

Close. MUTS is Movies Under The Stars.

I think that Princess was the first cruiseline to put large movie screens up on the pool deck.

Funny that you should ask................

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=384377 (posted on Princess board, so you can see THEIR responses and questions)

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=384375 (post on RC board, so you can see "OUR" responses and questions)

:)

I think the pp was joking about it being under the SEA since the ship was listing so badly ;)

On the Grand Princess they played the movie “Titanic” in the main theater several nights. You could hear that music everywhere. On one of the Hal ships they showed “Open Water” where a couple was left behind on a Scuba Diving trip and got eaten by sharks after floating in the ocean for a few days. (I went diving in Tortola, it was on my mind).

:D Hehehe ... they showed the Poseidon Adventure (the new one) on the cruise I went on a while back. I had seen the original but I kind of thought, 'Well, isn't this lovely? We're at sea and they show a movie about a rouge wave!' :p

On my very first cruise with two boys aged 9 and 6 in 2000, I brought along "A Night to Remember" by Walter Lord. A first hand look at the Titanic and how wondrous it was when it sailed and what the surviving passengers shared after the ship sank. It was a real account of the whole scene right down to what passengers spent to be on that ship. Fantastic book!

Anyhow, my 9 year old spotted what I was reading out by the pool and said; really mom, THAT'S what you brought to read?" LOL I never gave it a second thought.

The movies wouldn't bother me nor my hubby either. :p

They played The Guilt Trip on the Allure in may and now everytme i see or hear about that movie it makes me want to go on a cruise. Ive never watched a movie on board before, I am usally too ancy and have to be on the go ...

Id watch Titanic though why not

FYI: I saw the movie Open Water the tv in the cabin (room) once before. That was a little worry some espically when your going snorkeling the next day

Ive never watched a movie on board before, I am usally too ancy and have to be on the go ... [/color]

We like to see them on the big screen. The first time I ever saw Avatar was on a ship. It was on the big screen in the main theater. It was not in 3-d, but was a great venue.

Archived