Room Service Tipping

Yes you can add the tip to your sea pass

I tip according to what I order.... Example: full breakfast( bacon, sausage, eggs ,toast, yogurt, coffee and had complimentary mimosas for 2) we tipped $5 in cash.

But it all depends what you are comfortable with.

I tip according to what I order.... Example: full breakfast( bacon, sausage, eggs ,toast, yogurt, coffee and had complimentary mimosas for 2) we tipped $5 in cash.

Wow, for all that I would do the $5 also.

We also do between $2-$5 also. My sons last year had their own cabin and they were very generous with the room service tip. I guess it is easy to do when it is not your money.

I also make sure I bring plenty of $1.00 bills for tipping!

I don't know how you would add the tip to your SeaPass card, unless you are ordering between midnight and 5am. At other times, there's no bill to sign that would give you the opportunity to add a gratuity to your SeaPass card.

How early on embarkation day can you order room service? After muster drill, I would assume?

Interesting as I have never ordered then. Like others $2-5 covers it depending on the size of the order. We always give something to whoever delivers it.

Not sure when you can actually order. I should try this next cruise.

The folks who deliver it are not part of the "tipped" employees....it's the kitchen staff who delivers. $1-5, depending on how much they have to bring is appropriate....in cash. There is nothing to "sign" and they won't wait around while you try to scrounge up cash, so have the $$ ready!!

I don't believe room service begins until dinner the 1st night.

How would you do that?:confused:

Do you get complimentary mimosas on Princess? N i c e ! :)

I also bring several dollar bills....when I order a full breakfast/meal for two, I usually give $4 or $5 and if it's just one or two items, I do $2 or $3.

Last trip, I brought a hundred singles for both shore and onboard tipping. The Geek thought I was nuts when I asked for them at the bank, but we came home with about twelve of them.

I don't know how you would add the tip to your SeaPass card, unless you are ordering between midnight and 5am. At other times, there's no bill to sign that would give you the opportunity to add a gratuity to your SeaPass card.

I think maybe I have my cruise lines mixed up... Soooooo sorry

Archived