Hyatt Place Convention Center Ft. Lauderdale Hotel Port Shuttle vs Taxi

ihopfar

Interested in personal experiences with transportation to Port Everglades (Independence of the Seas, if it matters) from the Hyatt Place Convention Center. Going end of March (yes, I am planning early. :D) There will be two of us.

My plan is to forgo the Hotel shuttle and take a taxi so we can go when we want and not have to stop at other piers along the way. The cost should be about the same, from what I understand. However, someone posted on another site that they talked to people whose taxi fare was higher because the meter was running while they sat in line to get to the terminal. Does that sound right? I have also read, although not in a while, that during busy times the it is a zoo trying to get a taxi to the port. Anyone can confirm that?

For those that have taken the Hyatt's shuttle in case I decide to do that instead, any other pros or cons I should know? Do you remember if it goes from the lower numbered piers to the high numbers, or vice versa?

Thanks!

Brad

I stayed at this Hyatt two weeks ago. I like to get to the port early so the hotel called a taxi for me and I was on my way at 9:45. The fare to the port was $7.70. The first shuttle isn't until 11:00 and cost $7.00 pp. That is too late for me. A taxi would be cheaper.

Because I went early there were no tie ups entering the port or terminal.

Happy cruising!!

In January the Hyatt Place had trouble getting cabs to stop at the hotel...I have no idea why (but have suspicions) but after waiting more than a half hour we took their contracted shuttle. The shuttle was fine but no question that a cab is slightly less expensive for 2 persons or more and more convenient.

In January the Hyatt Place had trouble getting cabs to stop at the hotel...I have no idea why (but have suspicions) but after waiting more than a half hour we took their contracted shuttle. The shuttle was fine but no question that a cab is slightly less expensive for 2 persons or more and more convenient.

Wow, that is strange. Do you think they wanted people to use the shuttle?

Keith

Wow, that is strange. Do you think they wanted people to use the shuttle?

Keith

Precisely, my dear Watson. I don't even think they were making calls to the cab company.....cabs we're going by the hotel completely empty and wouldn't stop on a flag.

I would just have the phone number of a taxi service (like the one you take from the airport to the hotel) and just call them if you have trouble getting a taxi.

Keith

Ditto. Or just wait while they call.:)

I would just have the phone number of a taxi service (like the one you take from the airport to the hotel) and just call them if you have trouble getting a taxi.

Keith

Doesn't the Hyatt Place have an airport to hotel shuttle? I thought they did, that's what I'm planning to use in a week.:confused:

Archived