Pinnacle Members on our Explorer of Seas Cruise 10/6-10/13

Doug R.

Your post is a bit silly to be honest. Am D+ here and maybe one day will get to Pinnacle but if I've met 100 different Pinnacle members during my cruising 99 of them are gracious, have wonderful stories and insights and are always ready with a smile and a how are you, good morning, good evening mentality. Have met many wonderful and interesting Pinnacle members in the concierge lounge and throughout the ships over the years. That being said people are people and someone is bound to rub you the wrong way sooner or later? So really don't make blanket statements about something you don't really know the answer to....K.O.

:rolleyes:

I will post a detailed review later of our excellent cruise that ended this morning but I have a question

Do all Pinnacle members wear gold name tags and/or shirts proclaiming their exalted status? Do they all act like all the other passengers are beneath their station in life? As my man, Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon!"

Eh, there will always be those who feel they are superior to others. Sucks when you encounter them though because they're the ones who give others a bad name.

That being said, I doubt I'll ever climb high enough to hit Pinnacle. I like cruising, but there are more exciting ways to explore the world sometimes. Good for those who like the ships.

Several cruises back we were talking in a group about C & A levels.... Someone nearby overheard the conversation and ask what was pineapple?? No, we are not pineapple but thought it was funny. Since then I refer to them as pineapple. Have met several in this lofty group and they are most delightful cruisers. We have a long way to go... The distance between D+ and pineapple is quite a bit!

Oh Brilliant! I'll use the word Pineapples too LOL

I love it. Not to impugn Pinnacles....just think its a cute nickname

My husband and I just got off the Rhapsody not long ago. One night we decided to play trivia in the Shall we dance Lounge but were moved along by a couple of Officers as we were sitting too close to the Diamond Lounge. Perhaps they were worried that my husband was going to sneak in while the doors were opening:)

Elaine.

I must have missed something, what is your point?:rolleyes:

Hi Gang!

I was on the same cruise as the OP and had the pleasure of

spending time with all 3 of the Pinnacle cruisers on our sailing.

All were very friendly and nice.

One was hilariously funny, and loved to talk about his past

cruising adventures and had so much information. We loved

seeing him every evening in the CL and hearing his tales(;)).

We shared a lot of laughs and he even came by to wish us a

safe journey home this morning. Good peeps!

Cheers!

I think I know to whom you are referring. It may be the gentleman who sat behind us on the bus to the port. There was a first-time cruiser couple sitting across from him and he gave them a lot of good information and I think he calmed some of their anxieties about what to expect. And yes, he was quite the character! We ran into him and his wife frequently throughout the cruise and they were always pleasant to us. They actually live only a mile or two from me!

Oh, and one time I saw him wearing a polo shirt with the Royal logo and "Pinnacle Member" embroidered on it. It was very tasteful and understated.

The vat majority of Pinnacles I have met (and found out they were through conversations, I imagine I have me others that it never came up) have been extremely nice.

As in any group, there are exceptions though--and annoying people are likely to use their status as yet another way to e annoying and snobby.

Ive met a bunch but only one sticks out in my mind as being a snotty old B_TCH. She was mean to the Concierge and most other people too. She wanted everyone to know who she was. I just ignored her and laughed allot when she was there cuz I knew it pissed her off...:p I have never even worn my D+ pin. I think its in my wife's jewellery drawer still in the pouch.

Getting to Pinnacle must be great...lots of cruises and meeting so many people and seeing the world...but you dont have to be an A$$

I wonder if this is the woman who was on our recent sailing? She just about had the waitress in tears at the C&A party--and every time we saw her after that she was very loud and very drunk and being rude to someone (much like that first day time). I tried to be friendly and talk to her--honestly it seemed sad, she was all alone and already drunk at 11:00 and so prickly you could tell she had no friends--she was so out of it she told me the same story three times in a half hour. She liked to talk about how much money she had spent on RCI and how everyone else hated her because she had more status than they did. I didn't know if I felt more sorry for the staff dealing with her or for her.

I think I know to whom you are referring. It may be the gentleman who sat behind us on the bus to the port. There was a first-time cruiser couple sitting across from him and he gave them a lot of good information and I think he calmed some of their anxieties about what to expect. And yes, he was quite the character! We ran into him and his wife frequently throughout the cruise and they were always pleasant to us. They actually live only a mile or two from me!

Oh, and one time I saw him wearing a polo shirt with the Royal logo and "Pinnacle Member" embroidered on it. It was very tasteful and understated.

Yes, I would say it's the same gentleman!

I found his Pinnacle polo to be understated and cute!

Pinnacle members are like Police Officers. Most are very nice. However, there are always those few whose egos outweigh their intelligence and it casts a shadow over all the others. Same goes for D+ and D, come to think of it.

I do know some personally and consider some to be good friends, despite the fact I think they look like goofballs with their pins. Who am I to judge? I'm sure I look like a goofball at times too.

Yes, I would say it's the same gentleman!

I found his Pinnacle polo to be understated and cute!

I think I know who he is too! We always saw him & his wife in the concierge and he was very friendly (loved his tee-shirt too). He was also standing next to us in the same muster station and he was also on the bus going back to the terminal after the cruise - he was real nice to talk to.

Pat

If we are talking about the same gentleman, I remember him, too. It was a pleasure to meet him. He was so friendly and down to earth. He was a wealth of knowledge, and he was happy to share it. I hope to cross paths with him again on another cruise.

Eileen

Pinnacle members are like Police Officers. Most are very nice. However, there are always those few whose egos outweigh their intelligence and it casts a shadow over all the others. Same goes for D+ and D, come to think of it.

Hey, careful there Coastie. :D

We met a very friendly pinnacle couple in the CL on the Allure this past July.

They joined our table and we had a nice chat with them.

We were interested in what they had to offer, and they listened to our stories as well.

Any time we crossed paths on the ship they always remembered our names.....

Was very glad we met them.

Sea Ya

I will post a detailed review later of our excellent cruise that ended this morning but I have a question

Do all Pinnacle members wear gold name tags and/or shirts proclaiming their exalted status? Do they all act like all the other passengers are beneath their station in life? As my man, Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon!"

I was on the Oct 6th Ex. let me explain the name tag/shirts. We (my wife and I) were giving the name tags from RCCL and were asked to wear them. the shirts I had made from my out of pocket expense. they are not worn to put anyone down but to show we are proud of the status we have reached. If they offend you for any reason (political, religious or jealousy). we apologize.

Rudeness crosses all lines, social, economic, national, religious, etc. There are people on their first ever cruise who think they are owed the world. There are pinnacles who have hundreds of cruises who are unassuming and gracious. It's just a little cross section of the world.

Thank you!!!!!!

I can't imagine that so many are "picking on" Pinnacle cruisers. It seems like bullying. Any group of people will have a few extremes but to label all in a group because of behavior of a few is ridiculous .

I can't imagine that so many are "picking on" Pinnacle cruisers. It seems like bullying. Any group of people will have a few extremes but to label all in a group because of behavior of a few is ridiculous .

Why is it bad that many have elected to be loyal to a company, give that company resources($$) and in return be awarded a few perks?

M

I was on the Oct 6th Ex. let me explain the name tag/shirts. We (my wife and I) were giving the name tags from RCCL and were asked to wear them. the shirts I had made from my out of pocket expense. they are not worn to put anyone down but to show we are proud of the status we have reached. If they offend you for any reason (political, religious or jealousy). we apologize.

Don't apologize. :)

They are normal people, like everyone else, so it stands to reason that some will be pleasant and others won't, just as in every other situation in life. They are just everyday people who have more time and money than some others do, and they choose to spend their time and money on cruise ships just as some people choose to spend their time and money on other things that make them happy.

I think the people who get all caught up in their RCI status and consider themselves to be above anyone else are just a particular type of person generally and it isn't anything to do with cruising. They are likely to behave in that way wherever they are!

I'm not sure about name tags or t-shirts. I haven't noticed Pinnacle members I have spoken to wearing anything like that, but perhaps I just didn't pay attention.

You have no reason to apologize.

My DH & I loved your shirts and you earned your name tags.

Cruise on, my friend!

No need to apologize - you were one of the nicest couples we met on our March cruise this year (the one that missed Labadee)

Pat

Archived