Pinnacle Members on our Explorer of Seas Cruise 10/6-10/13

Doug R.

I've never understood why it's such a big deal. So what? You pay to be on more cruises and get more benefits because of it. All it signifies is you're a loyal customer - that's all. No cause to be conceited, etc. You're just a customer who's loyal.

I've never understood why it's such a big deal. So what? You pay to be on more cruises and get more benefits because of it. All it signifies is you're a loyal customer - that's all. No cause to be conceited, etc. You're just a customer who's loyal.

And I think the vast majority of D+ & Pinnacle feel the same way.

There are always a few rotten apples in the basket though :(

Hi Gang!

I was on the same cruise as the OP and had the pleasure of

spending time with all 3 of the Pinnacle cruisers on our sailing.

All were very friendly and nice.

One was hilariously funny, and loved to talk about his past

cruising adventures and had so much information. We loved

seeing him every evening in the CL and hearing his tales(;)).

We shared a lot of laughs and he even came by to wish us a

safe journey home this morning. Good peeps!

Cheers!

And I think the vast majority of D+ & Pinnacle feel the same way.

There are always a few rotten apples in the basket though :(

It's not as if they've achieved any great feat - no offense to anyone. Now, if they were among a few who discovered the cure for AIDS, etc., then I could understand the attitude that some exhibit. But, they're just loyal customers - that's great for RCL - but it's no "achievement."

It's not as if they've achieved any great feat - no offense to anyone. Now, if they were among a few who discovered the cure for AIDS, etc., then I could understand the attitude that some exhibit. But, they're just loyal customers - that's great for RCL - but it's no "achievement."

Obviously you haven't had any "achievement's in your life to set the bar soooo high for yourself. How sad for you. With that being said there is never a reason know matter what level you are at to have a bad attitude.

Every little milestone a person might meet that makes them feel happy, their always seems to be someone to try and knock them down. Let's face it......if you cruise enough on RCI, on one of your cruises you will end up Pinnacle whether you like it or not.

I hope you feel better about yourself by knocking others down.

Yer dern tootin' I am. :D Just wish I hadn't waited until I was in my mid-50s to start cruising and that I had the resources to take that many cruises too. :(

I hope I wouldn't get that attitude of superiority though. :mad:

Amen! I just hope to be Diamond by 60, then I can retire and really get cruising.

The one Pinnacle I have met was a very lovely lady who probably thought I was a goofball. I was so amazed by the thought of that many days at sea that I stuttered and stammered as if I was meeting a rock star. I hope to be her when I grow up.

I will post a detailed review later of our excellent cruise that ended this morning but I have a question

Do all Pinnacle members wear gold name tags and/or shirts proclaiming their exalted status? Do they all act like all the other passengers are beneath their station in life? As my man, Bugs Bunny would say "What a Maroon!"

Nope, all pinnacles are not like that, some just have huge egos. We were on the Freedom recently and we saw a lot of pinnacle name tags. One lady was giving a lecture to her muster station about what cruises everyone just HAD to go on to be REAL cruisers.:cool: We saw another guy in the WJ at dinner who was very demanding of the waiters and one night sent one for the head chef. The head waiter came over to find out what the issue was and this guy said he wanted the head chef, not him.:rolleyes: The chef did come out and this guy complained because there were things he had expected to be served that weren't and were on other ships and went on and on. We left because he was just so rude.

We did run into one couple in cafe promenade who were just down to earth, nice people. We had a nice conversation with them and not once did they mention their status, we only knew because of their name tags.

We have learned to ignore the people who have to tell you they cruise all the time and know everything or they have been cruising since before Noah ever even dreamed of the ark. We just move on and do our own thing.

Hi Gang!

I was on the same cruise as the OP and had the pleasure of

spending time with all 3 of the Pinnacle cruisers on our sailing.

All were very friendly and nice.

One was hilariously funny, and loved to talk about his past

cruising adventures and had so much information. We loved

seeing him every evening in the CL and hearing his tales(;)).

We shared a lot of laughs and he even came by to wish us a

safe journey home this morning. Good peeps!

Cheers!

So glad to see you Sheila!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise....Hope we all get to sail together again someday..

So glad to see you Sheila!!!!!!

Glad you enjoyed your cruise....Hope we all get to sail together again someday..

Hi Chris

How are you and hubby?

We just got off the Ex that Sheila was on.

Ex still a great ship, great crew.

Word is that after dry dock in Jan. 2015 she will be going to China.

Stay well.

Dick & Mari

Sounds like you may just be suffering from Pinnacle Envy. Book two cruises and call your therapist in the morning.

I agree with you, and I bet most of us would. When we reached 100 credits (before PC was created), we received a lovely block that said, "congratulations on your accomplishment (might have been "achievement"). I always thought it should have said, "thanks for all that money," but I guess that would have been too crass, even for a line that named a green pig as godmother of Allure.:p

And it's great for us as well as RCI.

I agree with you, and I bet most of us would. When we reached 100 credits (before PC was created), we received a lovely block that said, "congratulations on your accomplishment (might have been "achievement"). I always thought it should have said, "thanks for all that money," but I guess that would have been too crass, even for a line that named a green pig as godmother of Allure.:p

I still think the best line of this whole thread is "Pinnacle Lite"!:)

Sounds like you may just be suffering from Pinnacle Envy. Book two cruises and call your therapist in the morning.

Trust me. No envy here. I've cruised quite a bit and never thought twice about any loyalty perks. They're nice - don't get me wrong. But I don't consider them "achievements" as others have suggested.

Hi,

Just realized that on my nest RCI cruise in December, I will go from Platinum to Emerald on the last day. I know that there's only one new perk for that, but will:) I get it on that cruise, or not until the next one that book?

Thanks

You obtain the next level AFTER you have completed that cruise.

JEAN!!!!!

Fiona is NOT a pig. She is an OGRE.

You should be ashamed of yourself! You are a specist!

I've twice been on a cruise with the same couple, who are Pinnacle. The first time, I had no idea what the special badge signified and they did not enlighten me. All he said was "I guess we cruise a lot." I have to say that they are the nicest people I could have wished to meet - friendly and helpful, with no air of pretension at all.

My husband and I just got off the Rhapsody not long ago. One night we decided to play trivia in the Shall we dance Lounge but were moved along by a couple of Officers as we were sitting too close to the Diamond Lounge. Perhaps they were worried that my husband was going to sneak in while the doors were opening:)

Elaine.

I've met a few Pinnacle members, and so far only one had that attitude. She tried to push her way in to a prime viewing spot for some of the Monarch's final sailing festivities when the group of us who were there had been there for 45 minutes already, so we could have that perfect spot. No way were we giving up, so we just bunched together and did NOT let the pineapple in. She ended up over to the side, after shoving someone else aside :rolleyes: One of the worst displays of rudeness I'd seen on a ship to that point. I have no problem with people wearing pins, etc. as long as they are nice & friendly.

She was probably the same one at a Diamond event who was sitting at a table for 3 by herself. Chairs were hard to find that night, so I asked her is I could sit at a chair to her left, she said no, I asked if I could sit in the chair to her right, she said no. I finally found a chair, I then watched her sit by herself not letting an others use the chairs. The rest of them that I have met were very nice.

Yer dern tootin' I am. :D Just wish I hadn't waited until I was in my mid-50s to start cruising and that I had the resources to take that many cruises too. :(

I hope I wouldn't get that attitude of superiority though. :mad:

Your post is a bit silly to be honest. Am D+ here and maybe one day will get to Pinnacle but if I've met 100 different Pinnacle members during my cruising 99 of them are gracious, have wonderful stories and insights and are always ready with a smile and a how are you, good morning, good evening mentality. Have met many wonderful and interesting Pinnacle members in the concierge lounge and throughout the ships over the years. That being said people are people and someone is bound to rub you the wrong way sooner or later? So really don't make blanket statements about something you don't really know the answer to....K.O.

Archived