RCI Drinks Included???

kbset

Hi!

My husband and I were on a cruise with Celebrity in early 2012 and bought a drink package because we literally thought we would not get anything to drink unless we had a package :( well come to find out, coffee, tea, juice and water were free....so basically we wasted a ton of $$$ on a drink package we didn't even need.

Now my question is, since my husband and I are not going to get a drink package (because we think they are over priced) at all for our upcoming cruise; what drinks are included in the cruise price? Are coffee, tea, juice, water included?

I don't know if all of Royal Caribbean's ships are different, but if it helps, we are going to be on the Independence of the Seas.

Thanks in advance!

~Katrina

Yes, water, tea, lemonade, juice(in the am) coffee are all included..you have to pay for all soft drinks and alcohol. There are plenty of locations where you can get water, iced tea and lemonade. There are also some locations where you can purchase specialty coffees.

Edited by jletsgo

Yes, water, tea, lemonade, juice(in the am) coffee are all included..you have to pay for all soft drinks and alcohol. There are plenty of locations where you can get water, iced tea and lemonade. There are also some locations where you can purchase specialty coffees.

Thanks so much for letting me know! :D

Oh wow......you got free water??? They charged us $2.00/glass plus $.25 if you wanted a lemon wedge ;) :)

Oh wow......you got free water??? They charged us $2.00/glass plus $.25 if you wanted a lemon wedge ;) :)

Was that bottled water? Because regular ice water is available in the buffet, Café Promenade, MDR, etc.

Iced tea and no-calorie flavored water is also included in the cruise fare/

Be careful at breakfast in Windjammers. Sometimes you will be asked by staff if you want juice. They may return with the "upgraded" juice at about $3.95 a pop. Standard juice will be available at the self-serve machines.

We always have the waiters in the WJ get us coffee and orange juice and they have never brought us fresh sqeezed OJ. Anyone that we saw ask for the fresh squeezed OJ was asked by the waiter for their seapass card.

The free (included in the price) drink items are:

* Water (not bottled)

* Coffee (not specialty)

* Tea (iced, and several selections of tea bags for hot tea)

* Hot chocolate (packets)

* Lemonade

* Flavored water, like strawberry/kiwi or mango

* Orange juice in the morning (not fresh squeezed)

* Usually another juice in the morning, like apple

* Milk

* Champagne at the Captain's party (usually the first formal night and this is usually night 2)

Tip: Mix a packet of the hot chocolate with coffee for a free mocha.

Edited by Jimnbigd

The free (included in the price) drink items are:

* Water (not bottled)

* Coffee (not specialty)

* Tea (iced, and several selections of tea bags for hot tea)

* Hot chocolate (packets)

* Lemonade

* Flavored water, like strawberry/kiwi or mango

* Orange juice in the morning (not fresh squeezed)

* Usually another juice in the morning, like apple

* Milk

* Champagne at the Captain's party (usually the first formal night and this is usually night 2)

Tip: Mix a packet of the hot chocolate with coffee for a free mocha.

pppssssssssssssssttttttt..........that's not Champagne. It's "sparkling wine."

• 2 months later...
I am going on my first cruise in a few weeks and had the same question about which drinks were included in the price so thank you everyone for your answers.

I will not be getting a drink package.

I would look at the new drink packages online. Though this thread isn't very old, new drink packages were introduced after this thread took place.

Glad to see someone mention the price of the fresh squeezed orange juice so now can see what a good value the replenishment drink package is.

I am not much of a drinker, but do like sodas and wanted bottled water for port days as well as to try some of the frozen drinks. Thanks to the poster that mentioned the price of the fresh squeezed juice at Windjammers!