HAL Mariner on Carnival is there reciprocity?

matondo

I have never cruised on Carnival but I found a crazy deal and needed the getaway. I know those who have cruised on Carnival are considered one star mariners on HAL. Will I be considered a past passenger on Carnival?

This group seems to have a wealth of knowledge so I thought I would start with you all. Hoping to cruise HAL next fall...I miss my dam ships!!!!

I have never cruised on Carnival but I found a crazy deal and needed the getaway. I know those who have cruised on Carnival are considered one star mariners on HAL. Will I be considered a past passenger on Carnival?

This group seems to have a wealth of knowledge so I thought I would start with you all. Hoping to cruise HAL next fall...I miss my dam ships!!!!

I can't answer your question directly, but I think the answer is no. In any case, the benefits are not that great. My first cruise was on Carnival in 1993. My second Carnival cruise was this spring. At the time I was 2-star HAL and Cunard Platinum. My status with the partners did not help me, and this is all I got as a past Carnival Guest:

"Complimentary beverage at Punchliner Comedy Brunch (on ships where brunch is not available, complimentary beverage at breakfast or lunch in Main Dining Room)"

You can ask about your HAL status, but I think the "benefits" are so limited it would be pretty much a waste of time.

Roy

For all cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella, you are considered a 'repeater' on all lines if you have sailed any of them, however, the days accumulated on each cruise line only apply to that cruise line's repeaters program.

If there are discounts for repeaters, you would qualify.

If, like on HAL, there is a brunch or reception or party of any sort, you would qualify but days do not transfer from cruise line to cruise line.

We have done two Carnival cruises. One was very good, the other mediocre.

Like HAL, there can be very large differences between ships in the Carnival fleet. I always pays to do a little research on the ship itself and this can be more telling than relying on the reputation of the cruise line.

I wish all of our Carnival Corp. cruises counted toward one loyalty program, but if they did, the cruise lines would probably raise the requirements. We're two-star Mariners on HAL, Platinum on Princess (and nearing Elite), plus have a couple of Carnival cruises. Our goal is to reach Elite on Princess by retirement and start working on getting to three-star Mariner status on HAL. We're halfway there.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

DW and I recently did a couple 5 day cruises on the local Carnival (Fascination) We are 5 STAR on HAL and asked about credit and were refused officially but were quietly given all the perks that the regulars on Carnival were afforded. It never hurts to ask politely.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

DW and I recently did a couple 5 day cruises on the local Carnival (Fascination) We are 5 STAR on HAL and asked about credit and were refused officially but were quietly given all the perks that the regulars on Carnival were afforded. It never hurts to ask politely.

Thanks for sharing about that.

What are the perks Carnival gives it's most loyal repeaters?

I wish all of our Carnival Corp. cruises counted toward one loyalty program, but if they did, the cruise lines would probably raise the requirements.

The tiers and perks among the Carnival Corp. loyalty programs are so different that there would likely be a riot (at least here on CC) if they tried to consolidate into one.:eek:

AHOY SHIPMATES,

That was nice of Carnival.

What kind of perks did Carnival give you?

I wish all of our Carnival Corp. cruises counted toward one loyalty program, but if they did, the cruise lines would probably raise the requirements. We're two-star Mariners on HAL, Platinum on Princess (and nearing Elite), plus have a couple of Carnival cruises. Our goal is to reach Elite on Princess by retirement and start working on getting to three-star Mariner status on HAL. We're halfway there.

We are Elite on Princess. We are over 800 days on HAL.

If we could count all our days from HAL, Princess and Cunard -- we would have over 1000 days.

AHOY SHIPMATES,

Question: Did you call and ask before your cruised or did you stop by the customer service desk and ask once you were aboard?

Woud you share with us what perks a Five Star Mariner enjoyed in this context? Thanks.

And, yes, of course, one remains discreet while aboard.

AHOY SHIPMATE,

I GOT NOTHING EXTRA THAT IS ON OUR LIST FOR 5 STAR.

I did get extra free drinks , no waiting in lines , choice of dining room and table,

invite to an extra cocktail party that was not on schedule, and several little things

that we can talk about in person.

For all cruise lines under the Carnival umbrella, you are considered a 'repeater' on all lines if you have sailed any of them, however, the days accumulated on each cruise line only apply to that cruise line's repeaters program.

If there are discounts for repeaters, you would qualify.

If, like on HAL, there is a brunch or reception or party of any sort, you would qualify but days do not transfer from cruise line to cruise line.

My previous cruises on Carnival and Princess gave me status on HAL.

Archived