No more captain Morgan! What?!!

Cruising4me

Gotcha! The make $$ off the deal with Barcardi AND the save money.

No wonder they 'don't have a lil Captain in 'em'! :D

Very often beverage importers make deals that you cannot sell the competing brand I know this for a fact.

For example (just an example) Pepsi products say own red bull and Bacardi ,Belvedere and so on and so on offer a deal on the exclusive rights to sell their products at a deeply discounted rate as long as they push their product.

I have to say, it is interesting how strong people feel about the Captain.

Yes people do have strong feelings on this subject and yes some would even go as far to choose to sail another line.

Just ask yourself one queston, if you save for a vacation and you enjoy something which you can get any other place you might choose to go and you get to your vacation and find you can no longer get that special meal or that level of service or yes even that cocktail you enjoy when you relax. Why would you want to keep going there when you have so many other choices available?

You all can sit back and say to any of us who are, (or were) disapointed when we could not get something we wanted, but don't be upset one day when someone judges you after you express your opinion on what you expected in any expereince..

Go ahead tell me again how JH said I am a liar and starting rumors.. then tell JH to kiss my rosy red ... cheek.

Edited by Cruising4me
typo

Yes people do have strong feelings on this subject and yes some would even go as far to choose to sail another line.

Just ask yourself one queston, if you save for a vacation and you enjoy something which you can get any other place you might choose to go and you get to your vacation and find you can no longer get that special meal or that level of service or yes even that cocktail you enjoy when you relax. Why would you want to keep going there when you have so many other choices available?

You all can sit back and say to any of us who are, (or were) disapointed when we could not get something we wanted, but don't be upset one day when someone judges you after you express your opinion on what you expected in any expereince..

Go ahead tell me again how JH said I am a liar and starting rumors.. then tell JH to kiss my rosy red ... cheek.

I save for my vacations also, although it would be nice if we did not have to, but they would not be as special then. I also might be disappointed in something not being there (not a type of rum btw, but that's just me. I am flexible in that regards;), and I don't even really like rum....). I never said you could not choose to pick another line or even a different type of vacation. It's obviously your choice. It just seems more than a tad extreme to me, which was my point, but to each their own. If they did not have Absolute, would I be disappointed? Sure Would I move on cruiseline wise? No Have I ever mentioned John Heald said about you? I don't believe so. I also don't think I said anything about others expressing their opinions here. It is def part of what this is all about.

• 1 month later...

Im guessing it was the same thing happening between carnival and captain morgan as with all the TV providers and channels. Remember Dish dropping AMC last year.. I was about to switch to watch walking dead... Direct TV just dropped the weather channel. They drop them because the vendors want more money, carnival doesn't want to pay, so they probably said, ok, we'll go to bacardi, they offered us X amount per case instead. I'm sure captain quickly offered up a better deal for carnival and was back in stock.

This kind of thing happens almost daily in other industries. Mcdonalds dropped heinz ketchup, no one stopped eating there.

We are on the pride & effective our sailing there is no more captain Morgan being served! Carnival is replacing it with Bacardi Oak Heart as the same! Definitely not! I hope they bring it back or we will have to sale another line!

Sharon

I'm going on the Pride June 22. Captain or no Captain. I'm going to have fun and worry none.

Geo

Im guessing it was the same thing happening between carnival and captain morgan as with all the TV providers and channels. Remember Dish dropping AMC last year.. I was about to switch to watch walking dead... Direct TV just dropped the weather channel. They drop them because the vendors want more money, carnival doesn't want to pay, so they probably said, ok, we'll go to bacardi, they offered us X amount per case instead. I'm sure captain quickly offered up a better deal for carnival and was back in stock.

This kind of thing happens almost daily in other industries. Mcdonalds dropped heinz ketchup, no one stopped eating there.

The big difference is that we were being told that it was still on board, until it was overwhelming being told it was not, followed by an apology by some liquor beard, stating the issue was two weeks old, only to find it was still missing, with bartenders telling patrons they were told it was discontinued.

Being has since died down, I expect that the Captain is once again on board.

• 4 weeks later...