What I learned on the Cruise Critic forum.

ToUtahNow

My wife and I just completed our first of what I hope will be many more cruise. We were on what we were told, will be the Sapphire's last Alaskan cruise.

Luggage Tags - We purchased the CC luggage tag which were fast, easy and durable.

Embarkation Day Lunch - We stopped by our room to look at the daily platter. We found the International Dining room was serving lunch and headed straight there. We found an almost empty dining room and were seated with 3-other couples who had all learned this trick from CC.

Room Service Breakfast - The first two mornings we had breakfast at the International Dining Room, then day three we had the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast. After that I took the door hanger and wrote in my own choices. Every morning from there on included Eggs Benedict, hash browns and a fresh melon plate. My wife had eggs over easy, link sausage, pancakes, milk and a variety of juices.

Rental Cars - We rented a car in all three ports and maximized our sightseeing.

Cabin D740 - After reading several negative and positive reviews related to this cabin and a trash smell, we loved this cabin and it's giant balcony. this is a great cabin.

I'm sure there is more to share but that's all I can think of for now.

Mark

Sounds like you really maximized your opportunities for a great experience. Are you going to do a review for us? Especially since you were a first-timer to Princess, it would be interesting for us all to get your take on the cruise.

Once I catch up with life I will write review.

Everything from room service was perfect. Then again the distance from our cabin to the kitchen would be about the same as from the kitchen to a table in the dining room.

Mark

Sounds like you had a great time, and thanks for passing along some useful tips that worked well! That is great news about room service/ordering hot items. Do you happen to know if oatmeal would be available if you wrote it on your door hanger?

I hope adjusting back to the real world goes smoothly for you - isn't that always the hardest part after a wonderful vacation? :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a great time, and thanks for passing along some useful tips that worked well! That is great news about room service/ordering hot items. Do you happen to know if oatmeal would be available if you wrote it on your door hanger?

I hope adjusting back to the real world goes smoothly for you - isn't that always the hardest part after a wonderful vacation? :rolleyes:

We have ordered hot breakfast from room service on the Emerald, Caribbean, Star & Crown. The food was always hot and included fried eggs, omelets, oatmeal & toast.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the review. If I order room service, I often write in items but they're cold, not hot. I'm weird and love mixed fruit with cottage cheese for breakfast along with cranberry juice. Whenever I order write-in items, I make sure I give an extra tip because they have gone out of their way to accommodate me.

Thanks for the review. If I order room service, I often write in items but they're cold, not hot. I'm weird and love mixed fruit with cottage cheese for breakfast along with cranberry juice. Whenever I order write-in items, I make sure I give an extra tip because they have gone out of their way to accommodate me.

If it's weird, then I be weird, too.

I love cottage cheese w/fruit -- preferably pears or pineapple, and fresh-ground pepper. The pepper cuts the sweetness. Delish. You can keep the cranberry juice, though!

I love cottage cheese w/fruit -- preferably pears or pineapple, and fresh-ground pepper. The pepper cuts the sweetness. Delish. You can keep the cranberry juice, though!

To me the weirdest cottage cheese topping I've ever seen anyone use was in the Navy...Tabasco Sauce! :eek:

Edited by Astro Flyer

Well you can add me to the weird list as well. Love cottage cheese and pineapple, also cottage cheese and tomatoes! :)

We have also written in hot items from room service for breakfast and have never had a problem with items being cold. My favorite thing to order from room service though is their PB&J sandwhich - the best PB&J EVER! We always order it at night with a cold glass of milk for an awesome snack. :)

Edited by LollyMoz

Is the hot room service breakfast a new thing? We only ever eat breakfast in our room to avoid the endless calories in the buffet. However, the only hot item I have ever seen on the menu was the egg/ham English muffin, (other than toast). And it came pretty cold.

You can actually get an omelet now? How about egg white omelet? Or would that be one of Pam's 'write in ' options?

Is the hot room service breakfast a new thing? We only ever eat breakfast in our room to avoid the endless calories in the buffet. However, the only hot item I have ever seen on the menu was the egg/ham English muffin, (other than toast). And it came pretty cold.

You can actually get an omelet now? How about egg white omelet? Or would that be one of Pam's 'write in ' options?

For a while, Princess did away with hot breakfast dishes entirely, probably because of complaints about temperature. We really like having the "McMuffin" option, and they deliver it in a envelope which maintains the heat. We do eat hot breakfast items first. On the cruise we just finished the room service hot items were actually warmer than the same thing obtained in the Horizon Court.

Haven't tried the write-in options other than cranberry juice.

Has anybody else tried the breakfast thing on any other ship, or is this just on the Sapphire?

One of few things we don't like about Princess is the never changing, and now boring, breakfast menu.

I very very seldom order from room service but I do write grapes on my order for fruit for the cabin, I get anything on the listed items except my grapes :(

To me the weirdest cottage cheese topping I've ever seen anyone use was in the Navy...Tabasco Sauce! :eek:

What's weird about that? Sounds pretty good to me although I'd probably substitute Sriracha (Rooster Sauce) for the Tabasco. I've found that Sriracha and Peanut Butter are great together as well. :D