Crown & Anchor Society Complimentary Upgrades

Scotty G

E-Mail from RCI today:

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we offer you exclusive privileges to enhance your cruise experience. We would like to take a moment to address recent questions regarding complimentary upgrades.

From time to time Royal Caribbean has a very small number of staterooms that become available for upgrades the week prior to sailing. Should these staterooms become available, Pinnacle Club and Diamond Plus members will be the first to be offered a complimentary upgrade. In order to be considered for an upgrade, we kindly request you select your upgrade preferences online. Effective November 11, 2013, we will only process complimentary upgrades for members whose preferences have been registered via our website. Make sure to visit RoyalCaribbean.com/CrownandAnchor to update your preferences today. You will need your log in information for the Crown & Anchor section of the website.

Remember, in order to guarantee your desired stateroom type, please reserve the stateroom of choice at time of booking, as upgrades are very rare. Upgrades will only be offered from one main category to the next as follows:

From To

Grand Suite to Owner's or Family Suite

Junior Suite to Grand Suite

Balcony Stateroom to Junior Suite

Ocean View to Balcony Stateroom

Interior to Ocean View

Please note: Upgrades may be offered a week prior to your sail date.

At Royal Caribbean we strive to provide our most loyal guests with the best possible cruise experience, as well as to communicate changes in policies in the most efficient manner. We look forward to seeing you on your next Royal Caribbean cruise!

Happy Sailing.

E-Mail from RCI today:

As a valued Crown & Anchor® Society member, we offer you exclusive privileges to enhance your cruise experience. We would like to take a moment to address recent questions regarding complimentary upgrades.

From time to time Royal Caribbean has a very small number of staterooms that become available for upgrades the week prior to sailing. Should these staterooms become available, Pinnacle Club and Diamond Plus members will be the first to be offered a complimentary upgrade. In order to be considered for an upgrade, we kindly request you select your upgrade preferences online. Effective November 11, 2013, we will only process complimentary upgrades for members whose preferences have been registered via our website. Make sure to visit RoyalCaribbean.com/CrownandAnchor to update your preferences today. You will need your log in information for the Crown & Anchor section of the website.

Remember, in order to guarantee your desired stateroom type, please reserve the stateroom of choice at time of booking, as upgrades are very rare. Upgrades will only be offered from one main category to the next as follows:

From To

Interior to Ocean View

At Royal Caribbean we strive to provide our most loyal guests with the best possible cruise experience, as well as to communicate changes in policies in the most efficient manner. We look forward to seeing you on your next Royal Caribbean cruise!

Happy Sailing.

Got the same E mail "Scotty"...see you on the Enchantment Monday...;)

Just received this too.

Wondering why they decided to clarify. Perhaps they got tired of all the calls to the D Desk.

After reading the fine print it doesn't clear up much. Still at their discretion.

They may well be tired of phone calls, but a small part of it looks new to me. "Effective November 11, 2013, we will only process complimentary upgrades for members whose preferences have been registered via our website. " It appears everybody need to register a preference to be considered for an upgrade; I have not heard that previously.

I received no e-mail on this subject. Perhaps it is because I already have my preferences defined in the C&A 'Upgrade Preferences' section.

I doubt that that is it. My preference is and has been set for a long long long time and I actually GOT this email today, too!

:)

got the email also and my preference has already been set for a long time and I've never gotten an upgrade .. however I know people who are not even diamond yet who have gotten upgrades...hopefully now they will have an organized system and offer the upgrades to pinnacle and diamond plus members first..

the previous system obviously had no rhyme or reason

same here...preferences have been set for a long time...have never received an upgrade but never seen the upgrade fairy. Always read here on the boards where cruisers are getting notified of this happening and even many weeks before their cruise. So maybe this is their way of making a consistent program through out. But I sure logged in again to make sure we were on the upgrade program!

got the email also and my preference has already been set for a long time and I've never gotten an upgrade .. however I know people who are not even diamond yet who have gotten upgrades...hopefully now they will have an organized system and offer the upgrades to pinnacle and diamond plus members first..

the previous system obviously had no rhyme or reason

Two kinds of upgrades:

1. Revenue

2. Crown & Anchor

Revenue goes first. USUALLY distributes all of the upgrades.

IF Revenue decides not to use all of them, it begrudgingly passes a couple over to Crown & Anchor.

Those "people that you know" were probably given their upgrades by Revenue, not C&A.

Exactly as it should be :D Loyalty should be rewarded when possible

........... We would like to take a moment to address recent questions regarding complimentary upgrades.

From time to time Royal Caribbean has a very small number of staterooms that become available for upgrades the week prior to sailing. Should these staterooms become available, Pinnacle Club and Diamond Plus members will be the first to be offered a complimentary upgrade.......................

................. as upgrades are very rare. Upgrades will only be offered from one main category to the next as follows:

From To

Interior to Ocean View

At Royal Caribbean we strive to provide our most loyal guests with the best possible cruise experience, ..................

Funny, a friend recently went on their first Cruise with his Family. They were upgraded to a Grand Suite on the Oasis. His wife wouldn't let the kids unpack because she thought Royal made a mistake. After, they went to the front desk to check they then went to the Bar to Celebrate! Cruising will never be the same for them...........

I never got one either.I had my preference set a long time ago. I got a question though ? if you prepaid your tips already and your in a balconey and you get upgrade to a junior suite, doesnt the suite room attendants get more money ? how does that work out ??

Just received this too.

Wondering why they decided to clarify. Perhaps they got tired of all the calls to the D Desk.

After reading the fine print it doesn't clear up much. Still at their discretion.

Being that C&A upgrades are so very rare, it's my opinion they shouldn't even be listed as a C&A perk. It's too misleading.

I also received the email and I was registered from day one. I received my first C & A upgrade 49 days before the 9/27 members cruise. Does anyone know if they are still going to call you?
Being that early, it was probably not a C&A upgrade. As I recall, they don't begin passing those out until 21 days before a cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived