Crown & Anchor Society Complimentary Upgrades

Scotty G

I never got one either.I had my preference set a long time ago. I got a question though ? if you prepaid your tips already and your in a balconey and you get upgrade to a junior suite, doesnt the suite room attendants get more money ? how does that work out ??

From reading CC (not personal experience, unfortunately), you have to pay the additional gratiuties as a part of the upgrade. A small price to pay, though.

Thanks for the update as I have not received the email. I've read of instances where preferences seem to "disappear" so I suggest to occasionally check your selected preferences.

M

Yes, my preferences have disappeared in the past. And no, I did not get the email, as usual.

Gina

I never got one either.I had my preference set a long time ago. I got a question though ? if you prepaid your tips already and your in a balconey and you get upgrade to a junior suite, doesnt the suite room attendants get more money ? how does that work out ??

Gratuities do not increase until you are booked in a GS or higher.

It appears as if UK members are getting courtesy phone calls to confirm these details :D, and that the email will be sent out when the website has been amended to cover this. ( which could take some time ).

Looks like they missed out the UK Again;), as far as we can tell no-one in the UK has recieved the email yet, not that it makes any difference, because as you say C&A members only get the crumbs left by Revenue:rolleyes:.

Just a question on this topic: if u are lucky to even get an upgrade, do u have to "pay" extra for it, ie. from J/Suite to G/Suite? I understand that an upgrade also would increase your gratuities (how much?)?

......No, did not receive a notice, but just curious how it works........:rolleyes:

FC

Just a question on this topic: if u are lucky to even get an upgrade, do u have to "pay" extra for it, ie. from J/Suite to G/Suite? I understand that an upgrade also would increase your gratuities (how much?)?

......No, did not receive a notice, but just curious how it works........:rolleyes:

FC

The last blurb on this subject that I saw said the D+ and Pinnacle would get upgrades at no charge, and others would be offered a reduced cost upgrade.

However, that was a few weeks ago which is ancient the way Royal changes rules lately.

The last blurb on this subject that I saw said the D+ and Pinnacle would get upgrades at no charge, and others would be offered a reduced cost upgrade.

However, that was a few weeks ago which is ancient the way Royal changes rules lately.

Then wouldn't that be an upsell instead of an upgrade??

Gratuities do not increase until you are booked in a GS or higher.

How does that work, Patti? If you have MTD and pre-paid your gratuities, and they upgrade you to a GS a week before the cruise, how do they go about collecting that extra money? Do they just hit your CC with another charge? :confused:

I ask because I did receive a C&A upgrade a few years ago...from a balcony to a GS. I had MTD. The upgrade was automatic, with no notification, and I don't remember being charged for the extra gratuities.

When I received this yesterday, I also immediately checked that my preferences were still set, and they were.

I don't usually even think about upgrades, since it's never happened, but for my cruise next week I admit I had a glimmer of hope. We are in a JS that I'm very happy with, and as of a week or so ago, there were still plenty of empty GS's available. Of course, it looks like the entire ship is sold out now. Oh, well. This is why I always book the cabin I want up front. An upgrade would just be gravy. :)

This new email is hopefully an indication that the system is being more structured, but it's also smart marketing in the form of a dangling carrot!

How does that work, Patti? If you have MTD and pre-paid your gratuities, and they upgrade you to a GS a week before the cruise, how do they go about collecting that extra money? Do they just hit your CC with another charge? :confused:

I ask because I did receive a C&A upgrade a few years ago...from a balcony to a GS. I had MTD. The upgrade was automatic, with no notification, and I don't remember being charged for the extra gratuities.

We had the same experience on Brilliance last fall. We were upgraded to a GS from a JS by the GSM and didn't find out about it until we boarded the ship. We were not charged the difference in gratuities from what we paid to what we should have been charged.

I asked the GSM about the gratuities because we do MTD. She said not to worry about it, it would be taken care of. :eek: I took her answer for what it was worth, but we did extend additional gratuity to our cabin attendant who was absolutely the best. She knew that we had been upgraded from a JS to a GS and we felt that she earned every penny and then some.

It appears as if UK members are getting courtesy phone calls to confirm these details :D, and that the email will be sent out when the website has been amended to cover this. ( which could take some time ).

Got our phone call from C&A this afternoon:). While Roz was on I took the opportunity to enquire about any upgrade for this Sunday;). If you don't ask you don't get:p.

Looks like they missed out the UK Again;), as far as we can tell no-one in the UK has recieved the email yet, not that it makes any difference, because as you say C&A members only get the crumbs left by Revenue:rolleyes:.

We're in the UK and we got the email - won't be holding our breath expecting an upgrade though.

If there was a check box in your upgrade profile that said “Call me before you automatically upgrade me to a deck/location/side of the ship that I don’t want, no matter whether it’s a higher category or not,” I might set my preferences.

If you call C and A they can put in your profile for them to call you before upgrading.

I decided to check my Preferences again after reading this and yes - they had disappeared. I know I had My Preferences for an upgrade set prior to my last cruise. I actually set them for "No Upgrade" at this time as we are doing a B2B in May, we have the cabin we want, and we don't want to have to change cabins from one week to the next. I would love to be upgraded from a D2 Balcony to a GS, but it would have to be for both weeks! Since I don't think that is going to happen:rolleyes: I figured I would just stay put. I have never received an upgrade from RCI, but with my luck I would receive my first one on this sailing, when I don't want to be moved. I also don't want to lose my aft cabin, which I probably would.

From reading CC (not personal experience, unfortunately), you have to pay the additional gratiuties as a part of the upgrade. A small price to pay, though.

This has not been my experience. I was upgraded from JS to GS & have not been charged or asked to charge the difference in gratuities. From my math, I think I will owe the suite attendant an extra $35... We prepaid grats.

This has not been my experience. I was upgraded from JS to GS & have not been charged or asked to charge the difference in gratuities. From my math, I think I will owe the suite attendant an extra $35... We prepaid grats.

I must have confused the "upsell" style of upgrades from the true C&A upgrades. Sorry!

Archived